Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fairy Tail - An awesome anime tv series  (Read 2221 times)

Fairy Tail - An awesome anime tv series
« on: October 24, 2012, 05:17:44 am »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
So, I guess Fairy Tail is a slightly dated anime (aired in 2009 I believe), but I just discovered it on Hulu:
http://www.hulu.com/fairy-tail

It's just got such lively and interesting characters that it's hard not to love it. I'm on episode 12, and it's pretty epic. I see it as a JRPG converted into an anime; at least, it seems like it'd make a really awesome RPG. Anyway, if you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it.

EDIT: Just did some research and found out there are a couple games, not sure if they are any good or not though, and I don't own a PSP (I think they were all PSP games).
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 05:55:48 am by Frozen炎 »
  • My Music

Crim

Super Special Awesome
Re: Fairy Tail - An awesome anime tv series
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 02:57:43 pm »
  • I'm Pro!
ive heard its good from a lot of people. i plan on watching it, eventually. maybe when it completes airing, or when there are like too many episodes. that way it takes forever for me to catch up and i dont have to wait a week for an episode.
  • Crim is Pro!
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 10:50:09 pm »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
I've been watching it a lot and I'm loving it more and more.
Little fun fact: Ep 19 @ 8:30ish, there is a totally unexpected reference
Show content
to 24 (IKR?).
  • My Music
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, 11:22:26 am »
I have never heard of it. Is this the serie you try to link to in the OP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toyvpUutDcw

I'm sorry but Hulu is a big DICK in the Netherlands with their region blocking.
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2012, 11:46:00 am »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
Yes, that's the series. I'm sure there are other places to watch it besides Hulu.
  • My Music

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2012, 11:49:35 am »
  • www.mouffers.com
Niek, have you tried crunchyroll? I haven't been there in ages but generally it has a pretty good selection of free anime to stream.

I've only read some of the mangas but I can say Fairy Tail is pretty awesome. I should get back into it!
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2012, 01:01:49 pm »
It seems an interesting series. Maybe I'll pick it up at a later date. How many episodes is in this series?
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2012, 02:00:28 pm »
  • 笑い男
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=6662

154 with no end in sight, it seems.
It looks like a series that just carries on and on as much as it can (as long as people watch it?, such as naturo, bleach, one piece etc), not one that sets out to tell a solid story planned perfectly from the start.

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2012, 03:31:59 pm »
154 episodes and ongoing! Damn, that sucks. I think Naruto and bleach are a bit boring because they are such ongoing series. I like my anime to be short.

Well, I have got to think about whether I will watch it then.
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2012, 05:54:06 pm »
  • 笑い男
I agree. I can't say much as I've not seen it, but I don't really like it when series just continues on because they can, to just keep making money. I can't even stand to watch Naruto. Everytime I see it, all I can see is their pathetic attempts to stretch out what they're writing with writing as little as possible. Half the characters have their mouths covered so that there's no need to draw their mouths moving while they speak and the scene slowly zooms out over 1 image. They have repeating images that go on for quite some time say when jumping through trees and so on. It's terrible.

One piece does have a lot of fans but again just seems like something that's fun to watch if you're into it, not something that has a really interesting story that draws you in from start to finish.

If I'm to watch a series, generally I watch it for the entire story, from start to finish, and want to be amazed by it. Obviously that's a difficult task if you're making it up as you go along for the sole reason of dragging it on. For example, I thought Gundam was some random, boring robot fighting anime, but when I saw gundam SEED, I was blown away that it had such a deep story. The gundams themselves meant pretty much nothing to me (other than a means to write the story), I watched that for its story and it was amazing.

That's just me though.

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2012, 06:36:40 pm »
I have been following Fairy Tail since a year or two, and I must say it is really good, each arc is 10 episode, so it's really fast. Apart from that it is not far from the manga, it was even closer but they added a filler. I must say I enjoy it I would love to see it get more serious.
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2012, 01:08:55 am »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
I got bored of Bleach as well (never even started Naruto or One Piece and I don't plan to), but Fairy Tail has more interesting characters, imo, and the plot chugs along pretty fast for the most part and new and interesting situations continually come up which keep things interesting. It's definitely been keeping my attention, and I rarely can get into any anime and stick with it for very long anymore.
  • My Music
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2012, 12:57:38 pm »
My girlfriend watched/watches it. She is slowly weening me onto anime...I still need to watch the big ones tho :P
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2012, 12:39:10 am »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
Btw, here are some links where you can watch most - if not all - of the episodes. Hulu only goes up to ep 48 and Niek and who knows who else can't use Hulu, so I thought I'd post some more links:
http://www.animeseason.com/fairy-tail/
http://www.crunchyroll.com/fairy-tail
http://www.animefreak.tv/watch/fairy-tail-online

I just finished 48 and only did a quick search for places to watch the rest of the episodes, so there are probably more places to watch if for some reason someone can't get any of these to work.
  • My Music
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 65 queries.