Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sony loses 20,000 PS3s in Japan  (Read 1484 times)

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
Sony loses 20,000 PS3s in Japan
« on: October 31, 2006, 11:33:00 am »
  • hungry..
Japan will get 20,000 fewer PlayStation 3 consoles at launch, if a report in local newspaper the Nikkei Keizai Shimbun is to be believed. That's a reduction of 20 per cent on the original allocation of 100,000 units.

More info here: http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2006/10/31/sony_ps3_japan_allocation/

That's kind of unlucky for Sony really, but good for nintendo >_> seeing as they're over prepped for launch :D
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 04:23:36 pm by Dayjo »
  • My Blog
Re: Sony lose 20,000 PS3s in Japan
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2006, 02:40:05 pm »
Tsk tsk, things going bad for Sony. Delayed PS3, and now this...meanwhile DS is selling like hell and Wii is here months before PS3
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2006, 02:41:55 pm »
Haha take that sony.
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2006, 02:55:41 pm »
  • Loopier than a bowl of Cheerios
It's funny, back in 1995 Sony release the PSOne, they release it before the N64, the make it cheaper for the customers to buy than the N64 and cheaper for developers to create games than the N64....fast-forward 11 years and Nintendo are doing exactly the same thing, Releasing a less powerful console, cheaper to buy and easier to develop for than the PS3. Ironic, really...

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2006, 12:14:07 am »
  • b e p i s
It's funny, back in 1995 Sony release the PSOne, they release it before the N64, the make it cheaper for the customers to buy than the N64 and cheaper for developers to create games than the N64....fast-forward 11 years and Nintendo are doing exactly the same thing, Releasing a less powerful console, cheaper to buy and easier to develop for than the PS3. Ironic, really...

Actually the PS1 launched at $300 versus the 64 launching at a mere $200.

The more you know
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
Re: Sony loses 20,000 PS3s in Japan
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2006, 12:20:17 am »
  • =/
 I bet the Ps3 will be delayed again. They have to few consoles to even try to compete against Nintendo. A better idea for their marketing would be to step out until they reach atleast a million Ps3's then release it. That way they don't have direct competition against Nintendo and won't run out in the first 10 minutes it is available to the public.
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2006, 12:52:35 am »
  • Loopier than a bowl of Cheerios

The more you know

I stand corrected. I Honestly thought the psone was cheaper  :)

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2006, 05:36:24 am »
well if sony doesnt release their system then they will go bankrupt, because of how much money they have spent on the system...
  • Freak GFX

rhalifax

Pixelated Tree
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2006, 05:49:11 pm »
  • I'm here for the Bacon

The more you know

Yes but the 64 games were a bit more than what the PSone games were. and now sony's games are 70 dollars and the Wii's are 50
Pixelated Tree. | I make crappy Youtube videos now.
XBL- aaronshatonyou | PSN- cpt ehren | Steam- cptehren
  • Pixelated Tree
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2006, 03:30:35 am »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
ooh that sucks for them, but im not getting one. It really seems that sony is unprepared and honestly they should make sure everything is right before trying to release their console.

:ganon:
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.

rhalifax

Pixelated Tree
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2006, 11:33:52 am »
  • I'm here for the Bacon
ooh that sucks for them, but im not getting one. It really seems that sony is unprepared and honestly they should make sure everything is right before trying to release their console.

:ganon:

yes and image if it has a hardware failure like the 360, due to the lack of supplies they may not be prepared and have to put people on a back list to get it repaired.
  • Pixelated Tree

Naz

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2006, 12:03:00 am »
  • Ph34r the toast.
This could have just bankrupted Sony O.O  If they mess up this launch, bye-bye!  It's so fun watching a huge company go broke.  And for all of you who say "Sony has another divisions..." learn that they're spending a LOT of money on this, and it could end the company :s
Don't read this.

rhalifax

Pixelated Tree
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2006, 05:20:35 pm »
  • I'm here for the Bacon
This could have just bankrupted Sony O.O  If they mess up this launch, bye-bye!  It's so fun watching a huge company go broke.  And for all of you who say "Sony has another divisions..." learn that they're spending a LOT of money on this, and it could end the company :s

yeah I think a lot of their investment now a days is on the video game division, sure they have portable media, cameras, and other electronics but they have really put a lot of emphasis on the Playstation 3.
  • Pixelated Tree

tippz

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2006, 03:37:21 am »

Sony's other divisions have been sputtering for years, who are you kidding. Analysts have been saying Sony's future hinges on the PS3 for a long time...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 63 queries.

anything