Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Custom Zelda Sprites in uhh. New style. lol.  (Read 5264 times)

Custom Zelda Sprites in uhh. New style. lol.
« on: November 20, 2006, 08:56:32 pm »

C+C Peas. Please*
Yay i made up a new style... umm. No specifications for this style. lol I just went loose. The inverterd octo's are them getting hurt.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 08:59:29 pm by Moldrill »
Re: Custom Zelda Sprites in uhh. New style. lol.
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 09:22:55 pm »
*Cough* MAJOR *Cough*  GB *Cough*  sprite *Cough*  edits *Cough*
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 10:21:50 pm »
*COUGH* um... *COUGH* no *COUGH*

Really. I swear to funkin god these are custom :ganon:
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2006, 11:31:19 pm »
Yeah they are custom H_B, they are closer to FSA style.

This is a nice style, keep it up.
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2006, 11:59:43 pm »
Thanks Bboy. My new PI a GB edit. 8)
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2006, 05:19:20 am »
its ok man i think there pretty good...its just H_B thinks he knows alot about spriting and stuff...especially gb style graphics, which obviously its not an edit
  • Freak GFX

Faceless

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2006, 06:26:34 am »
Um... horrible?
Really that's the only word I can think of.
There's no sense of depth, very little contrast in shades, jaggy outlines, and gradients everywhere.
These pretty much show what not to do to the letter. All they need are 45 degree angles to do that.

Last Wizard of TheCentury

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2006, 08:15:30 am »
*Cough* MAJOR *Cough*  GB *Cough*  sprite *Cough*  edits *Cough*
Cover your mouth XD

Yeah they are preety good better then anything I can do
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2006, 10:22:38 am »
*COUGH* um... *COUGH* no *COUGH*

Really. I swear to funkin god these are custom :ganon:
I'm sorry  :) They look like the one's from GB style but in your own custom style. Did you use the GB one's as an example?
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2006, 01:13:18 pm »
  • [sic]
Dude, all octoroks lookt he same. XP

And, uh, I love the ChuChu, but the others don't really follow the same style and have little depth or contrast.
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2006, 08:04:25 pm »
Um... horrible?
Really that's the only word I can think of.
There's no sense of depth, very little contrast in shades, jaggy outlines, and gradients everywhere.
These pretty much show what not to do to the letter. All they need are 45 degree angles to do that.

Lol. You know I didnt use gradients either. At least not built in ones. I did slight manual ones on the chu chu.  I do have little to no depth perception in my mind so spriting depth and stuff is not my strong point. I think it does have contrasat in shade sand if you dont think so turn up your sceen's brightness.
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2006, 02:07:20 am »
Well, the Buzzblob is more side veiw and the octorok is top down.
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2006, 02:40:17 am »
Uhh. <_< >_>

._.

*runs* The buzzblob I erm cant explain. (Ya thats good!) I cant explain it erm. Right. The octoroc.........

See Zelda 1 octoroc. :dance:
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2006, 02:42:17 am »
Good point, noone ever said anything about that in Z1.
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2006, 12:01:47 pm »
lol SO HAH! ;)
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2006, 02:55:58 pm »
Lol. You know I didnt use gradients either. At least not built in ones. I did slight manual ones on the chu chu.  I do have little to no depth perception in my mind so spriting depth and stuff is not my strong point. I think it does have contrasat in shade sand if you dont think so turn up your sceen's brightness.
I wouldnt ever consider not using a gradient filter as a selling point for any sprites, or any pixel art in general, it has no place in the medium so its pointless to say 'i did slight manual ones' it just gives the impression you wouldve prefered 'automatic' graidents - if only you had so little respect for this medium. harsh words perhaps, but I feel its a huge stretch to tell you to keep at it.

these sprites are terrible, the contrast on all of them is a mess, the octoroks especially, 7 colours for all u need for the same effect is 3, they all look like cardboard cutouts because of the way you shaded them - this isnt a new style, this style has existed since cavemen drew on walls- its called 'bad'

normally if I saw such bad sprites I would refrain from taking you to town (especially here since everything is construed as a personal attack) but this is too much. from when I look at your avatar, how you left the background tiles from photoshop in, as if you need to point out the translucency then your sig with the cloud with the inside which should so obviously be transparent - is solid white to when you make a topic about your new PI that is already displayed outside of topics. I just find everything youve done offensive as an artist and Im sorry but I dont see any potential at all in you.
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2006, 05:24:41 pm »
I wouldnt ever consider not using a gradient filter as a selling point for any sprites, or any pixel art in general, it has no place in the medium so its pointless to say 'i did slight manual ones' it just gives the impression you wouldve prefered 'automatic' graidents - if only you had so little respect for this medium. harsh words perhaps, but I feel its a huge stretch to tell you to keep at it.

these sprites are terrible, the contrast on all of them is a mess, the octoroks especially, 7 colours for all u need for the same effect is 3, they all look like cardboard cutouts because of the way you shaded them - this isnt a new style, this style has existed since cavemen drew on walls- its called 'bad'

normally if I saw such bad sprites I would refrain from taking you to town (especially here since everything is construed as a personal attack) but this is too much. from when I look at your avatar, how you left the background tiles from photoshop in, as if you need to point out the translucency then your sig with the cloud with the inside which should so obviously be transparent - is solid white to when you make a topic about your new PI that is already displayed outside of topics. I just find everything youve done offensive as an artist and Im sorry but I dont see any potential at all in you.

You know how to make a guy feel special. Thanks takaaaaam. Btw. I kept the tiles in on pupose (EDIT). And the cloud I put into photoshop to make white. Jerk off (EDIT). Also (EDIT) If you have not noticed. Everyone makes topics about their PI's. Go (EDIT)

Sorry if this is offensive to anyone else. edited.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 06:28:05 pm by Moldrill »
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2006, 05:30:53 pm »
I like your sprites, however, the damaged Octorok's colors shouldn't be the inverted from the original ones, still, I'm not sure which colors would look good there...

(Ricky gets popcorn - 'cos there's gonna be real action :3)
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2006, 05:34:09 pm »
  • [sic]

Woah. Er, bad mood? *hides*
Seriously, man, if you don't like the sprites, try and help him. don't just flame. I don't see why people do this. Surely you of all people here at this forum canr espect how hard it is to get really good at spriting.

In any case - I do agree with him about the octoroks, like I already said. The ChuChu is very creative and original, whereas the octoroks are just plain and the bunny has too little contrast.

And, er, yea,h your sig could use some work. I love it, but it shows up weird on other themes, i guess. I use the Zora theme so it looks great, but...
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2006, 05:38:40 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev
.TakaM, you had no right to be talking like that. First of all, if you've even ever used Photoshop, you'd know that the tiles are automatically converted into translucency when you save, so Moldrill purposely kept them by taking a screen grab of the tiles and placing them in. Also, perhaps he wanted people to comment on his PI to tell him whether it was good or bad or take suggestions on how to improve it instead of just having them look at it. That's the whole point of these forums, is it not? I've seen you being very rude to many members lately. I don't think you deserve the Global Moderator position, seeing as Global Moderators jobs are to keep the peace, and all you seem concerned about is disrupting it.
  • Lionfish Apps
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 75 queries.

anything