Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LoZ - Ocarina of time  (Read 4029 times)

JeremGH

LoZ - Ocarina of time
« on: April 30, 2011, 12:28:15 am »
Hi,

I am new in the website, but I've been forwarded here by one of my friends. Thank you for welcoming me to your great community. Here is the topic I want to share with you:

I was starting to work on a project to recreate Zelda Ocarina of Time, same story (more or less), but with different engines and better environements. Also, and that's what I really want to do, I wanted it to be more mature, and darker. The problem is that I have no skills on designing 3D environnements, even though I have been trying to get used to it for a few weeks (Maya, which is completly out of my reach, and UDK, more simple but still). On the other hand, I can draw modifications to existing environements or characters, like artworks if you want.
I know this is really a big thing, and that it could last a very long time, but as I'm wandering in Hyrule, I can't thing about anything else than how great the game would look like with high graphics...
Anyway I'm looking for interested and motivated people. When I see what the guys from Shadows of Lylat do, I think it could be possible.
I hope this won't seem too crazy...

Thanks in advance.

JEREMY

Xiphirx

wat
Re: LoZ - Ocarina of time
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 04:45:29 am »
  • Xiphirx
First of all, welcome to the community.

Second, no offense, but OoT remakes always end up cancelled... The amount of work needed is not that of a few guys who collaborate over the internet :/
  • For The Swarm

JeremGH

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 06:09:00 am »
Hi, thank you for the advice.
But the thing is that I'm really motivated, I'm sure that with just a good level with new graphics on youTube, everyone would be interested about it. I want to take my chance. Are you interested about this?

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 06:13:20 am »
  • Xiphirx
Of course I'm interested, but I'm a bit doubtful :P
  • For The Swarm

JeremGH

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2011, 02:47:40 pm »
Do you know how to use Maya or UDK? Cuz I'm totally lost with that...

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 12:04:28 am »
  • Xiphirx
I had a class in Maya, it's actually pretty easy to use once you know how the interface works, you should look at the tutorials that come with it.

I have also messed with the UDK, again, it looks very complex. I was able to make a map though with relative ease, never touched it again after that and I didn't mess with the scripting.
  • For The Swarm
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2011, 03:42:09 am »
Do you know how to use Maya or UDK? Cuz I'm totally lost with that...

Well this is already turning out great.

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2011, 04:10:05 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
The problem with remakes like this is the people without the skills to remake it, want to remake it, and the people with the skills aren't interesting in remaking it because why remake when you can create?

JeremGH

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2011, 08:17:57 pm »
That's it, after a few days of struggling for nothing, I can finally create things. I'm getting quite comfortable with Zbrush, and I'm on the creation of some characters. I'll try to poste some screenshots soon.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.277 seconds with 56 queries.

anything