Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 52   Go Down

Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: The Shadowgazer is dead - long live The Shadowgazer!  (Read 386303 times)

Re: The Legend of Zelda: The Shadowgazer (17/12/...
« Reply #180 on: December 18, 2006, 06:43:19 pm »
Holy ****! You've made excellence, King Mob :). Now I seriously can't wait for a demo :P! You seem to have perfected your engine, almost. The tiling is awesome, the sound effects are used brilliantly, and the tiling is fantastic ^-^. Oh wait, I complimented the same thing twice.

You are my king ^-^.

Great video.
« Reply #181 on: December 18, 2006, 07:23:10 pm »
  • Captain Banana
This will be the greatest Zelda fan game I've ever seen! Please release a demo soon! The only game I can see to be better than this is TRM's OOT2D.
« Reply #182 on: December 18, 2006, 08:20:02 pm »
I uploaded your video on Youtube so more people can see it and faster!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn4AhmTFeCg

DarkWyrm69

« Reply #183 on: December 18, 2006, 08:21:47 pm »
WOW! thats really good
« Reply #184 on: December 19, 2006, 01:15:26 am »
Doh, my story revolves around nightmares...but I guess not anymore, because it would be too similar to this...and I don't want to be accused of copying.
« Reply #185 on: December 19, 2006, 02:10:23 am »
Great video, will the cucco's swim like in OoT. I just found that out yesterday at Zora's river, they like flap their wings in the water and swim, though they can't hurt you while  swimming they swoop down and peck your head, though they almost always miss. Also maybe use some darker tones for that graveyard, unless there is a darker version in the dream realm and that version is just an ordinary graveyard.

Holy ****! You've made excellence, King Mob :). Now I seriously can't wait for a demo :P! You seem to have perfected your engine, almost. The tiling is awesome, the sound effects are used brilliantly, and the tiling is fantastic ^-^. Oh wait, I complimented the same thing twice.

You are my king ^-^.

Great video.
He's a moblin, get him!
« Reply #186 on: December 19, 2006, 11:54:42 pm »
  • Evil's origin begins in TLOZ AO...
Hey I'm not sure if anyone noticed but King Mob, in your demo you cannot shoot your boomerang in any direction except the one you are facing and you have shadow problems on Link (the one I noticed was using the shield and facing down and walking up)

The savefile link for the video is down and youtube doesn't work for me (odd because youtube usually does)
« Reply #187 on: December 20, 2006, 09:19:26 am »
my guess for sounds is that you used kakario village, wind waker rolling, and OOT sword and cuccos. Just got the other graveyard ones from somewhere else, i suppose.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #188 on: December 20, 2006, 11:57:25 pm »
Hypnosis? Drugs???
Hehe. You might as well make it Zelda like, as in certain types of plants or grass you can lay on the groud and light with your lantern and the smoke will make you fall asleep. Or contextual things, such as (don't use this) you get a massage and fall asleep. Or you go to the local diner and the heavy meal makes you fall asleep.

I'd like to see some interesting things happen depend on where you sleep. For example, if you sleep in a lake, after 10 secondsin the dream world you'll either a) game over for drowning in the real world, or b) automatically wake up because you are drowning. Or, you get waken up and suddenly while you are questing in the dream world, you are taken back into the real world. Like if a train flies by and its loud noise wakes Link. These are the things I'm interested in seeing.

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #189 on: December 21, 2006, 12:06:18 am »
  • .越//
Hypnosis? Drugs???
Hehe. You might as well make it Zelda like, as in certain types of plants or grass you can lay on the groud and light with your lantern and the smoke will make you fall asleep. Or contextual things, such as (don't use this) you get a massage and fall asleep. Or you go to the local diner and the heavy meal makes you fall asleep.

I'd like to see some interesting things happen depend on where you sleep. For example, if you sleep in a lake, after 10 secondsin the dream world you'll either a) game over for drowning in the real world, or b) automatically wake up because you are drowning. Or, you get waken up and suddenly while you are questing in the dream world, you are taken back into the real world. Like if a train flies by and its loud noise wakes Link. These are the things I'm interested in seeing.

yes there are really many things possible... just watch the nightmare on elm street movies, the people there have a real problem of being awake...

a few possibilitys:

- different places in the world where you can take a nap ( f.e. Lonlon ranch, links house, hotel in hyrule city, the house of a lady ( see zelda 2 ;) ) )

- The Evil Guy after the first encounter makes a spell on you which  lets you sleep after every 10 minutes

- Zelda or Malon as second player which comes in the real world everywhere with you and makes you sleep or awakes you with a hammer :P so you are unattackable while entering / leaving worlds

- that item in your avatar ( king mobs ) using it makes a effect like the mirror in lttp ^^

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

« Reply #190 on: December 21, 2006, 12:32:05 am »
I actually like yues idea about falling asleep every 10 minutes or so, that way you have to keep on task before being sucked into the dream world. Then after mabye the third dungeon or so the effect gets trapped into an item that you can use whenever you want.
« Reply #191 on: December 21, 2006, 05:46:21 am »
  • Shunner of Light
Add hyper reality.
« Reply #192 on: December 22, 2006, 06:03:43 pm »
  • [sic]
I'd say maybe an energy meter. Once you use too much energy (which should go down at a rate enough to ensure that you fall asleep in maybe two days at most or whatever) or utilize an item making you go to sleep, you will. Although contextual ways of going to sleep would be nifty, too. Although, since going to sleep is crucial to the game, there should definitely be a way to go to sleep on purpose.

Trailer is great, btw. I'm thrilled to see you using some sounds from the Wind waker, it had amazing sound effects.
« Reply #193 on: December 23, 2006, 02:03:44 am »
  • Shunner of Light
Maybe Link should have insomnia?
« Reply #194 on: December 23, 2006, 03:18:15 am »
  • [sic]
Why? That would make it harder to go to sleep. ::)
« Reply #195 on: December 23, 2006, 03:35:15 am »
The best thing would be for him to fall asleep at certain times, like anytime at night or after enough time has passed, then he gets like some type of item that at certain spots you can fall asleep anytime. Kinda like the Rod of Seasons in OoS, you changed seasons automaticly, but to really do anything you had to use the rod at a stump.
« Reply #196 on: December 23, 2006, 04:43:09 am »
  • Shunner of Light

Exactly!  :P
« Reply #197 on: December 23, 2006, 05:53:19 am »
  • [sic]

Exactly!  :P
Isn't the point to make Link go to sleep? :P

EDIT: I'm thinking you should go traditional Zelda and use some type of scattered "warp" points to send Link to sleep, and then later in the game you get an item that lets you do it any time.
« Reply #198 on: December 23, 2006, 09:31:49 am »
Hmm...Maybe the power of Dreams could be endowed in the Shadowgazer which gives Link the ability to freely warp to the Dream Realm or something. Maybe at item that warps you too the nearest bed?
« Reply #199 on: December 23, 2006, 10:19:11 am »
Maybe at item that warps you too the nearest bed?

Yeah, yeah, we all know your eternal dream <_<.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 52   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 78 queries.