Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 52   Go Down

Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: The Shadowgazer is dead - long live The Shadowgazer!  (Read 386458 times)

Re: The Legend of Zelda: The Shadowgazer (17/12/...
« Reply #240 on: January 08, 2007, 01:48:43 am »
KM, I know you have those boar riding dudes from TP in this game, you know they are called Bublins right?
« Reply #241 on: January 09, 2007, 04:50:08 am »
That video was the best game preview ever. It was so smooth it isn't funny.
the a o d c
« Reply #242 on: January 09, 2007, 07:15:52 pm »
A bomb? You fail.
Anyway, I also was thinknig of Freddy Krueger for some reason :)
A couple of questions:
1) Will you be able to communicate with other people who are asleep? For instance, if you went to the nightmare world, you could find NPCs who are sleeping in the real world? This could make for some interesting quests...
2) How will the horse work? Do you have to hold down a button and press in a direction to face it? Or can you only turn while holding two keys at once?
« Reply #243 on: January 10, 2007, 09:53:44 am »
A bomb? You fail.
Anyway, I also was thinknig of Freddy Krueger for some reason :)
A couple of questions:
1) Will you be able to communicate with other people who are asleep? For instance, if you went to the nightmare world, you could find NPCs who are sleeping in the real world? This could make for some interesting quests...
2) How will the horse work? Do you have to hold down a button and press in a direction to face it? Or can you only turn while holding two keys at once?

He'll probably do it like the horse racing mini-game in FSA. If you haven't played that, then... you're missing a lot of fun!
« Reply #244 on: January 10, 2007, 10:26:55 am »
That video was the best game preview ever. It was so smooth it isn't funny.
Blimey! Thanks.  ;D

1) That's the idea, yes.
2) It's difficult to describe - and probably more difficult to envisage - but it works similar to the way prioritised key presses determine the direction Link faces when moving on foot. Imagine pressing the left key to move the horse. This commits you to travelling left. Still holding left, you can then press up, down or right, to change the direction Link faces in the saddle, whilst continuing to move left. To stop the horse you'd release the left key as you would expect. But if at this point you're still holding the up key, for example, the horse would then turn to go up. This may sound like you can only travel in four directions, but you do still move diagonally when holding combinations of vertical and horizontal keys.

He'll probably do it like the horse racing mini-game in FSA. If you haven't played that, then... you're missing a lot of fun!
It was initially based on that, yeah. The diagonal movements are similarly shallow, and biased on the direction you're facing, and the context-sensitive 'Z' button makes you dig your heels in and go faster.
« Reply #245 on: January 10, 2007, 10:56:30 am »
  • hehe
er can someone give me a link to the u tube vid because i dont wanna look thru 17 pages for it
« Reply #246 on: January 10, 2007, 11:08:52 am »
the a o d c
« Reply #247 on: January 10, 2007, 11:40:27 am »
looks ok, but is there really any dynamics in the game?
except for sword vs chicken

My Child Is Student of The Month at Neverland Ranch!
  • SSEdit
« Reply #248 on: January 10, 2007, 12:05:45 pm »
Yeah, that's what I thought. I could imagine that working pretty well. I honestly think you should give us a demo, though the only difference in this one should be that there's an extra bush or something. I'd honestly love that.
« Reply #249 on: January 10, 2007, 11:58:37 pm »
  • hehe
« Reply #250 on: January 11, 2007, 01:42:51 am »
You could have found it by now...
Image Hosted at ImageHosting.us
« Reply #251 on: January 11, 2007, 02:44:58 am »
  • hehe
found it
i think you shiuld have a different tileset its a little light for kakariko and again music isn't really MC
« Reply #252 on: January 13, 2007, 02:06:04 am »
Hey, I have not kept up with this project for a while, but I now got into it again, and it has progressed nicely.  Definitely one of the best ZFGC has seen in a long time.  Thank you for making something good about this place. 

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #253 on: January 15, 2007, 12:35:31 am »
  • Silly cat!
Hmm, only just saw this project. How unobservant of me :D.

I tried the demo, and I have to say, it's really quite a decent piece of work you've got going. The animations were smooth, the gameplay was pretty well done for the most part, but it's still capable for a little more flexibility. One aspect I really liked was the rocking of the trees when Link rolled into them... that little kid has one tough head.

I'm also extremely impressed with the unique gameplay elements you plan to throw in. The one thing you never see with fan games nowadays is the inclusion of a new and exciting gameplay element -- like finding a bed so you can fall asleep and travel to a parallel dimension in which you need to cure someone of their nightmares. That's a really interesting concept, and something worthy of the creative minds at Nintendo. I was really proud to see you've got something like that coming. Sort of reminds me of Minish Cap.

One thing I did have a problem with the demo however was the screen resolution. It's just a little too big, and  that largeness causes a sense of unnaturalness. Perhaps if you could apply a screen resolution the same as Minish Cap, it would make the game feel slightly more Zelda-ish.

Anyway, yeah, I'll watch the trailer now and then be off... But I'll keep a close watch on this game from now on. Good luck, Mr. Mob.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 01:32:07 am by Hero of Fire »

Hoffy.
« Reply #254 on: February 14, 2007, 09:02:03 pm »
  • Evil's origin begins in TLOZ AO...
I know you have said that you should have this ready for z3 assuming that it is around the same time as last year.  With it being May 18th, do you think you will have it ready or will you just release early August?
« Reply #255 on: February 21, 2007, 01:30:43 pm »
Man, I just keep playing this demo. You really have to play it over and over to appreciate how perfect it is. Prioritised movement, shielding, rolling, picking up/throwing, rain effects, heart system...I only just discovered throwing rocks into the water makes a nice splash effect :)
Anyway, I must ask...are you still working on a demo for Z3 or are you putting this on hold until ZFGCCP is finished?

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #256 on: February 21, 2007, 03:21:57 pm »
  • .越//
he will let us know when he has updates which are worth to show

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

Re: The Legend of Zelda: The Shadowgazer (21/2/2...
« Reply #257 on: February 21, 2007, 05:52:42 pm »
I guess I'm overdue for an update, and since people have raised questions about The Shadowgazer appearing at z3, I'll happily oblige.  ;D

Below are some of the brainstorming sketches done when I was trying to design the nightmares. They take on a sort of spectre-like appearance when you first catch sight of one, but revert to a shapeless black wraith form when moving at speed or attacking (similar to their counterparts in Link's Awakening.) The locket round their neck contains their essence, rather like a Poe's soul, which needs to be 'purified' to turn the nightmare into a good dream.

They've also got a name now: they're called the Maren. I'm giving the Sheikah a little backstory, making them a shamanistic people who could commune with spirits whilst dreaming, and rather like the native American indians believed, they discovered they weren't all friendly...! The Maren, the manifestation of nightmares, drove the Sheikah to madness and the brink of self-destruction. They were defeated by a single shaman, under the protection of magical totem: a dreamcatcher called the Shadowgazer.

The final design is amongst there somewhere, but I'll leave you to guess what it is... :P I haven't started spriting them yet, and probably won't need to for a while.

I know you have said that you should have this ready for z3 assuming that it is around the same time as last year.  With it being May 18th, do you think you will have it ready or will you just release early August?
Anyway, I must ask...are you still working on a demo for Z3 or are you putting this on hold until ZFGCCP is finished?
Well, I've not worked on The Shadowgazer in over a month now, as I've been doing stuff for the Community Project, so basically, even if z3 was in August as I'd originally planned for, I'd be behind schedule. So I'm afraid the full demo release is still not set in stone. It will be done and released as originally planned, but it may not be quite as soon as August, and it certainly won't be as soon as May 18th!

What I will do, for everyone who's continuing to support me, is put something playable together for this coming z3. What form this will take I don't know yet. It could be the first dungeon in isolation, or it could be the prologue...

But I will still be working on this simultaneously with ZFGCCP. So I'll have a think and let you know.  ;D
« Reply #258 on: February 21, 2007, 06:03:34 pm »
Yay.
I bet the right-middle black one is the final :)

Obsequious Eye

King of Glass
« Reply #259 on: February 22, 2007, 11:45:52 pm »
  • Yes, I am mocking you
I like the maren. The faces/masks remind me of the masks worn by doctors in the Black Plague. Was that intentional? Either way, good job on the design!
I'm watching you...
  • Omniscient Eye
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 52   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 74 queries.

anything