Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 52   Go Down

Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: The Shadowgazer is dead - long live The Shadowgazer!  (Read 386625 times)

Re: The Legend of Zelda: The Shadowgazer (21/2/2...
« Reply #280 on: February 28, 2007, 03:38:39 pm »
So is this going to be the boss for every dungeon, that would be boring...
« Reply #281 on: February 28, 2007, 03:54:09 pm »
For the fire of Din, that is pwnsome :o! Hey, personally, my favourite is the one above the bottom-rightmost one. No, seriously, that one rocks.
« Reply #282 on: March 04, 2007, 04:59:13 pm »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
Wow, excellent job here. I can't wait until my programming expertise is up enough to compete with the design of a game like this. Thanks for putting in the effort, it really makes the game shine.

I like the Maren design, its very original. They look really minish cap-like and kinda like mosquitos lol.
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #283 on: March 14, 2007, 01:55:04 pm »
You said something about a person trapped in the nightmare world in long post earlier, is the shaman who used the "Shadowgazer" to seal the Maren at first the one trapped in there, guiding Link? Just a guess.
Yep. Link's guide in the nightmare realm, and the Sheikah who originally defeated the Maren are one and the same person.

I've never said that. They may all be in the thrall of the Maren, but each dungeon boss will be unique.

I like the Maren design, its very original. They look really minish cap-like and kinda like mosquitos lol.
Thanks. Interesting you should say that. ;) When I was designing those guys I came up with an image of them clasping their hands round their victim's head and lifting them off the ground, and a long insect-like proboscis or tongue or something being inserted into the back of the head. Rather than sucking anything out, I imagined it would be 'injecting' nightmares directly into the victim's brain. I thought that was pretty nasty! I dunno if it'll work out yet, or if I could adequately illustrate that with sprites, but I still like the idea...

Regarding z3, progress is going well, I think I can get everything I want done in time for mid-May. Still a ton of spriting and tiling to do on one of the areas, which I'm spending all my fan gaming time on - much to the dismay of my ZFGCCP colleagues, I'm sure, but I feel I need to prioritise this right now. There will be a big splurge of new screens, art, and info (not all relating to the demo) in my z3 booth, and that's what I'm concentrating on right now. ;D

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #284 on: March 14, 2007, 06:13:41 pm »
  • .越//
pretty evil idea for a zelda game in mc style... but good luck ;P

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

« Reply #285 on: March 14, 2007, 06:51:25 pm »

Graphics don't define a game's style... have you ever seen MC-style TP sprites? They pwn and don't look "kiddie" or "cartoonish". You just have to have some creativity to make it work :).

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #286 on: March 14, 2007, 07:02:33 pm »
  • .越//

Graphics don't define a game's style... have you ever seen MC-style TP sprites? They pwn and don't look "kiddie" or "cartoonish". You just have to have some creativity to make it work :).

creativity doesnt mean that its not a evil idea for a bright and cartoonish style...

AND tp-sprites in mc still look like mc sprites what means they look "cartoonish" and "kiddie"

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
~Other~

« Reply #287 on: March 15, 2007, 02:24:10 am »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
You said something about a person trapped in the nightmare world in long post earlier, is the shaman who used the "Shadowgazer" to seal the Maren at first the one trapped in there, guiding Link? Just a guess.
Yep. Link's guide in the nightmare realm, and the Sheikah who originally defeated the Maren are one and the same person.

I've never said that. They may all be in the thrall of the Maren, but each dungeon boss will be unique.

Thanks. Interesting you should say that. ;) When I was designing those guys I came up with an image of them clasping their hands round their victim's head and lifting them off the ground, and a long insect-like proboscis or tongue or something being inserted into the back of the head. Rather than sucking anything out, I imagined it would be 'injecting' nightmares directly into the victim's brain. I thought that was pretty nasty! I dunno if it'll work out yet, or if I could adequately illustrate that with sprites, but I still like the idea...

Regarding z3, progress is going well, I think I can get everything I want done in time for mid-May. Still a ton of spriting and tiling to do on one of the areas, which I'm spending all my fan gaming time on - much to the dismay of my ZFGCCP colleagues, I'm sure, but I feel I need to prioritise this right now. There will be a big splurge of new screens, art, and info (not all relating to the demo) in my z3 booth, and that's what I'm concentrating on right now. ;D

So the boss design would be kind of like in twilight princess where every boss has twilit at the beginning. Not to say you should put nightmare or something at the beggining of a bosses name but just to say that they all are controlled by the Maren, yet are unique.

So far is the playing area going to be bigger than minish cap?
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #288 on: March 15, 2007, 02:29:10 am »
  • [sic]
like in twilight princess where every boss has twilit at the beginning.
You spoil game for me! >=0
« Reply #289 on: March 15, 2007, 06:05:43 am »
Oh NOES!!! How could you start a community project and devote all your time to this one? There's hardly any progress without you helping  :(

nah, just kiddin! continue the good work KM. ;D
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #290 on: March 15, 2007, 08:23:30 am »
So the boss design would be kind of like in twilight princess where every boss has twilit at the beginning. Not to say you should put nightmare or something at the beggining of a bosses name but just to say that they all are controlled by the Maren, yet are unique.
Yeah, it's similar to that. There's no physical evidence of the Maren's presence or anything, but the bosses will need to be cured of their nightmares just like everyone else. It's just that in their case it involves being repeatedly jabbed in the face with a sword...

So far is the playing area going to be bigger than minish cap?
Not sure I can answer that. It feels less claustrophobic than MC, and there are more big open spaces, so possibly, but it's honestly too early to say.

Oh NOES!!! How could you start a community project and devote all your time to this one? There's hardly any progress without you helping  :(

nah, just kiddin! continue the good work KM. ;D
Heh. It's not that I've stopped work on the community project - I haven't - it's just that I've got a crapload of spriting for my own project to do before the z3 deadline. I know that's one area in which we're lacking at the moment, but I really can't afford to spend all my time spriting. I'd go crazy. So I'll be taking a back seat in that area of ZFGCCP until after z3. Besides, ZFGC style is so contentious, I can't seem to do anything right...! :P
« Reply #291 on: March 15, 2007, 10:11:03 am »
Yeah, it's similar to that. There's no physical evidence of the Maren's presence or anything, but the bosses will need to be cured of their nightmares just like everyone else. It's just that in their case it involves being repeatedly jabbed in the face with a sword...

"Cured of their nightmares"...? So, in other words, the bosses aren't exactly giant evil creatures, but more... possessed or something? Forced?

That's what it sounds like when you say it in that context...
« Reply #292 on: March 15, 2007, 10:56:35 am »
Not necessarily. Each boss has its own place in the story. Some are evil creatures bending to the Maren's will, and at least one is a not-evil creature who's just woken from a nightmare in a seriously bad mood. :P

But the Maren don't discriminate between good and evil. They feed off fear and just want to infect everyone and everything with their nightmares. So that might involve helping the odd person who at first would appear to be an enemy... ;)
« Reply #293 on: March 15, 2007, 11:06:17 am »
Not necessarily. Each boss has its own place in the story. Some are evil creatures bending to the Maren's will, and at least one is a not-evil creature who's just woken from a nightmare in a seriously bad mood. :P

But the Maren don't discriminate between good and evil. They feed off fear and just want to infect everyone and everything with their nightmares. So that might involve helping the odd person who at first would appear to be an enemy... ;)
Sounds like you have it organised =P.
the a o d c
« Reply #294 on: March 15, 2007, 11:07:09 am »
So that might involve helping the odd person who at first would appear to be an enemy... ;)

Hmm. When I read that I immediately thought of [TP SPOILER]the Twili in the Twilight Palace, who look like the Twilight Guardian enemies, but are actually NPCs[/TP SPOILER] :P.

A Storm in the Desert

Eternal Triangle
« Reply #295 on: March 15, 2007, 01:02:09 pm »
  • Wear the Deku Sprout Smile :]
So that might involve helping the odd person who at first would appear to be an enemy... ;)

Hmm. When I read that I immediately thought of [TP SPOILER]the Twili in the Twilight Palace, who look like the Twilight Guardian enemies, but are actually NPCs[/TP SPOILER] :P.

Well not really cb, the tracery on them is green as opposed to red. That kind of gives it away, ne? I think King Mob means something a little less obvious XD
Surely you can do it!
Believe in your strengths...Believe...

-Happy Mask Salesman

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #296 on: March 15, 2007, 02:00:25 pm »
  • .越//
!@#$% at the community project... i want to see you finish this project ! ^^ it has better ideas as any other zelda fangame anyways

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

~GB-Zelda Style~
~Other~

« Reply #297 on: March 15, 2007, 02:22:20 pm »

Well not really cb, the tracery on them is green as opposed to red. That kind of gives it away, ne? I think King Mob means something a little less obvious XD

What tracery? WTF are you talkin' about O.o?
« Reply #298 on: March 15, 2007, 11:13:48 pm »
To help things get back on topic :P here's a new sketch of the final design for the Maren, though a masked variant, like the one pointed out by Sir Cyrus and cb43569, will also be used.

Nobody guessed correctly, so I hope my choice isn't too unpopular...!? ???
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 11:42:41 pm by King Mob »
« Reply #299 on: March 16, 2007, 12:51:01 am »
Ahh, I love it, best one yet! XD
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 52   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.222 seconds with 74 queries.