Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 52   Go Down

Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: The Shadowgazer is dead - long live The Shadowgazer!  (Read 386452 times)

Re: [Demo] The Legend of Zelda: The Shadowgazer ...
« Reply #660 on: March 24, 2008, 03:08:26 pm »
  • Mr. Pixel
This is so amazing! First Zelda fangame what I am really waiting! You are great spriter, coder and you have develop great story for this game. I played demo and now I really want play full version, even it takes months, or years ;)

In demo, rolling attacks sound effect sucks, and it makes me see red, because I use it for moving faster (Link runs so slow >< ) so I hear repeatly same irritating sound effect, so please, change it for better.
And other thing what makes me see red is when I go stairs, sometimes I will go back because for mistake I press up key when view gets black. That isn't really bug, so I didn't find any bugs in demo and that is very good thing.

I wanted somekind transformation to Link in other world, but as you said, no transformations  :'(
Still this is the best Zelda fangame ever! And this looks like Nintendo´s Zelda game :3 Go working to Nintendo  XD

I am waiting for next demo...

~Drandula

Deviant_Discordian

« Reply #661 on: March 26, 2008, 07:34:55 am »
Hi, just joined and wanted to leave some feed back on the demos.
Not sure if anyone else has noticed, but when you hold the z or s buttons you cant move up and left at the same time.
Everything else is great though, keep up the good work!
« Reply #662 on: March 26, 2008, 09:22:55 am »
  • Taste the soup of my brain!
Hi, just joined and wanted to leave some feed back on the demos.
Not sure if anyone else has noticed, but when you hold the z or s buttons you cant move up and left at the same time.
Everything else is great though, keep up the good work!
Actually, I have reason to believe that the cause of that problem is actually your keyboard.  See, from my research I have deduced that for some reason older keyboards can't always capture more than 2 or keypresses at a time.  It also has to do with the method the program that you are using uses to retrieve the keypresses.  At any rate, if you are using an old "analog" keyboard, it might be worth a try to switch to a newer USB keyboard.  I've tried it, and it seems to work for me.  Although I also need to buy a USB hub for my awesome 2-Saitek-Cyborg-Evo joystick, x52 flight controller, double-Xbox controller+double wiimote&accessories + 2 usb gamepad control setup.

The crazy thing is that I actually have a set of games that I NEED all that stuff for (at the same time, too.  It's CRAZY!).
She'll pull out your feathers for her brand new hat and when she's done that she'll feed you to her cat.
People you love will turn their backs on you.  You'll lose your hair, your teeth. Your knife will fall of its sheath, but you still don't like to leave until the end of the movie.
If I threw my guitar out the window, so far down, would I start to regret it?  Or would I smile and watch it slowly fall?

Deviant_Discordian

« Reply #663 on: March 26, 2008, 09:39:56 am »
I've just checked the demo again to see. Its unlikely to be key presses, I've just checked a few combinations and I can use at least 4 or 5 if there is even a limit on mine. I think its probably the game itself as I noticed that certain key combinations restrict different things, now that I checked more thoroughly I could try making a list of these.

Edit: it seems to only be a problem when z or s are used in conjunction with other keys.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 09:48:56 am by Deviant_Discordian »
« Reply #664 on: March 26, 2008, 10:22:51 am »
And other thing what makes me see red is when I go stairs, sometimes I will go back because for mistake I press up key when view gets black. That isn't really bug, so I didn't find any bugs in demo and that is very good thing.
I've already fixed this. It was an unexpected side effect of solving an earlier problem. Didn't spot it before I released the last demo, but like I say it will be fixed in future releases.

I've just checked the demo again to see. Its unlikely to be key presses, I've just checked a few combinations and I can use at least 4 or 5 if there is even a limit on mine. I think its probably the game itself as I noticed that certain key combinations restrict different things, now that I checked more thoroughly I could try making a list of these.

Edit: it seems to only be a problem when z or s are used in conjunction with other keys.
It doesn't happen for me... I would have picked up on something like that in any case.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #665 on: March 26, 2008, 10:30:05 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Devient- keep in mind that on most keyboards you can use 2 to 3 directional buttons at once, but if you press the ascii keys it will cancel out your other keystrokes. I was just running into this issue an hour ago on my metroid speedrun (-_- before my "Unmountable Boot Volume" problem); I could only press Right and S but not W with it, but if I could press S, D, Right and Up together :P

Deviant_Discordian

« Reply #666 on: March 26, 2008, 10:34:16 am »
I forgot about that. Regardless, after what King Mob said I was just willing to blame Vista :P.
« Reply #667 on: March 26, 2008, 06:08:41 pm »
  • Taste the soup of my brain!
I forgot about that. Regardless, after what King Mob said I was just willing to blame Vista :P.
Yes, let's all blame Vista.  It's worse than malware!

Anyway, yes, it's your keyboard.  I just went and got my USB keyboard from my other computer, and it seems to work fine with the game now.
She'll pull out your feathers for her brand new hat and when she's done that she'll feed you to her cat.
People you love will turn their backs on you.  You'll lose your hair, your teeth. Your knife will fall of its sheath, but you still don't like to leave until the end of the movie.
If I threw my guitar out the window, so far down, would I start to regret it?  Or would I smile and watch it slowly fall?
« Reply #668 on: March 27, 2008, 10:38:32 pm »
WOW  it looks like a real nintendo game you should be very produ of yourself I know I would. when will their be horse riding in the demo  :huh: /?
Many ZFGCers think Source should be a mod.
Me? I think he should be the MOTHERFUCKING KING.
If you agree, slap this mofo in your sig.

woodzypunk

« Reply #669 on: March 28, 2008, 07:31:53 am »
no.horse riding (and all stuff king mob has put in himself) should be saved for the full release
« Reply #670 on: March 28, 2008, 10:48:55 am »
  • I need something new to put here...
no.horse riding (and all stuff king mob has put in himself) should be saved for the full release

That'd be a bit hard, that would mean the receiving of the horse, and the other stuff, would have to be held up until the final release... say if you get the horse at the start of the game, then KM would have to go back there and re-program a lot of things.
« Reply #671 on: March 28, 2008, 05:17:18 pm »
^^^Yeah, and not only that, but we have to eventually get to see some of his original features in one of the demos, even if it's something small like a fleeting trip to the Nightmare world.
Re: [Demo] around Legend of mobster: around Shad...
« Reply #672 on: March 29, 2008, 11:33:07 am »
  • Currently spriting adult Link MC style.
BTW, KM here is some other SFX you could use:
http://noproblo.dayjo.org/ZeldaSounds/
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 12:41:08 pm by ZeroEXE »
I support:

« Reply #673 on: March 29, 2008, 02:22:04 pm »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
^^^Yeah, and not only that, but we have to eventually get to see some of his original features in one of the demos, even if it's something small like a fleeting trip to the Nightmare world.
Heh...I completely forgot about that.  XD
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.

Caela

« Reply #674 on: March 31, 2008, 10:25:11 pm »
I really think this game is a great success even if only the demo is available. Truth is it actually saved me from trashing my PC for a mac. At least until I get a good windows emulator for my mac. All the great Zelda games get made into comic in Japan and I'd love to make a comic of Shadowgazer. ;)

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #675 on: April 01, 2008, 02:28:14 am »
  • Xiphirx
I do have one question King mob.
How did you ever get that night effect to work!?
  • For The Swarm
Re: [Demo] around Legend of mobster: around Shad...
« Reply #676 on: April 01, 2008, 10:52:21 pm »
Quote from: King Mob nostril=topic=3937.msg272590#msg272590 date=1206350903
Quote from: Kylink nostril=topic=3937.msg265292#msg265292 date=1204405433
Wow, I love the attention to detail. I love the little lighting post thing on the dock of Lake Hylia.
It's actually a bell, but never mind...! :P

If it's any consolation, I knew it was a bell. It reminds me of the one at the Laundry Pool in Majora's Mask...and I assume that was intentional.  XD
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 04:55:06 am by legendarylugi »

rhalifax

Pixelated Tree
« Reply #677 on: April 08, 2008, 07:37:05 pm »
  • I'm here for the Bacon
still lookin good =]
Pixelated Tree. | I make crappy Youtube videos now.
XBL- aaronshatonyou | PSN- cpt ehren | Steam- cptehren
  • Pixelated Tree

SaintJimmy

« Reply #678 on: April 08, 2008, 10:31:28 pm »
This is looking really awesome ;D good job ;D
« Reply #679 on: April 13, 2008, 08:40:23 pm »
thats quite an impressive demo youve got there. good style, good charecters, got some story in it, good job!
xbox live: kirkking look me up!

your Romanian Captain Kirk speaking....yes i said Romanian....
dang it doesn't sound near as impressive on a worldwide board, than in a class of all Oklahomans, lol

-The non DJ Jordan.

When life gives you lemons, THROW THEM BACK AND DEMAND LIMES!"
thomas combs
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 52   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.266 seconds with 78 queries.

anything