Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My video-post in Entertainment  (Read 2872 times)

Fox

Turnbeutelvergesser since 1988.
My video-post in Entertainment
« on: December 16, 2007, 11:05:49 pm »
Everyone,

as you may or may not know, I recently posted a video in the entertainment-section, the topic being entitled "You still can't stand mexicans?" This video, which I will not link to, and I will state to those who are not aware as to why, appeared, thanks to my misleading topic-title, racist to the majority of those who have seen it.

For this, I feel it is my responsibility to apologize.

Let me start reasoning my decision to post this by telling you my intentions. I posted this with the thought that this clip was rather humorous as it reminded me of the kind of humorist things that Tim and Eric do. I didn't see so much "stupid mexican chief" (and in my opinion, that personification wasn't even existent in the video) as I saw an over-exaggerated and yet half-assed (fake) advertising for a Fast-Food-Facility. And that, and I hope that all of you agree with me - can be funny and is in HARDLY any way offending any minority.

I have received messages that accused me of being racist. Granted, this unfortunate constellation of events might make it appear so, but quite honestly - please use common sense, friends. I'm German, see. There is only one other person on this forum who is German. I'm a minority. What futile idea would it be to be racist?

I grew up with people around me harassing strangers and people from other countries and religions. I made up my own mind though and I came to realize that it's not what the person was born is what makes me decide on my affection towards them. It's what they express and their opinions.

In other words, I don't care who you are or where you come from, I only care for what you do to me and others.

Because - I know it sounds corny - that is the ONLY thing that matters.

The other thing that has offended most of you - and I'm afraid that there is no excuse for this - was the short appearance of a male genital which - to make things even worse - was slowly moving towards a mouth. Of course they never touched, but it was suggestive enough, now wasn't it.

I pretty much over-saw this, it was a short shocker that caused a quick laughter with me. It's not like I don't see this every day - I mean, I AM a male after all. That was probably the reason as to why I thought you guys might over-look it too.

Pretty obviously a stupid idea, as I was forgetting that not everyone here is my age. Some of you don't appreciate seeing any personal body parts, for whatever reason it might be - at all. And I, as a man who treats people neutrally - should have respected that in the first place.

Endless apologies for this, too.

It hasn't occurred to me yet, but I'm afraid some of you might go as far as to believe that I don't even care about this forum anymore. Before such saying is making its way I want to assure you -

I DO care about this forum. I DO care about what it will become. I try my best to build its golden path and instantly lead ZFGC to the named.

But you know, I'm just human. Sometimes I just don't think enough. It happens.

So although I do apologize, verily, I also ask you to forgive this stupid little mistake of mine. I'm not gonna say "I did bad, forget all respect you had for me" or "I'm horrible, I didn't deserve my staff-position", because it's useless. Not because I want to save my sorry ass. Not because I like fame. I do want to maintain my status as it allows me to make ZFGC a better place, and even though some of you might have changed their minds about me (although I hope I did assure you that you might very well change it back to where it was), I still hope we can treat each other calmly and objective. I just spent too much time on ZFGC to just go and screw all of it up on one noon. Believe me. This, I mean it, you must believe me. I swear on my own pride. And that certainly means something.

I would love to go back to work and have a really good time with you guys here, on ZFGC. Smiley

These words came from me and me alone. I wasn't given any suggestion by the staff about this. This is my true thoughts and feelings.

~Fox

Feel free to discuss this matter here in anyway you like, just refrain from flaming or improper language.

Edit: Additionally, "You still can't stand mexicans?" was referring to a meme of ZFGC, in which people would randomly tell others "but seriously i cant stand mexicans" to await their reaction. Guess my joke didn't land.

I will also change my name back to just Fox, as some of you misunderstand "ZFGC-chan" to be me supporting 4chan, 7chan or any similar image-board. I chose "-chan" as the japanese addressing of a young female or a kid. Nevermind.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 05:56:01 am by 4Sword »
  • Me on deviantART

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
Re: My video-post in Entertainment
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 12:43:06 am »
  • Silly cat!
I take half responsibility for not stopping Fox on MSN even though he said he was going to post the video on the forum.

So yeah, I should be crucified too.

Oh wait...

Hoffy.
Re: My video-post in Entertainment
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 01:06:21 am »
I take half responsibility for not stopping Fox on MSN even though he said he was going to post the video on the forum.

So yeah, I should be crucified too.

Oh wait...

Same goes for me, !@#$% happens. Sometimes. I should have been more awake and more alert about the situation. I can condemn it all I want but I'm just as guilty for not removing it.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.323 seconds with 43 queries.