Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I got the Line 6 Flextone III XL amp!  (Read 981 times)

I got the Line 6 Flextone III XL amp!
« on: January 10, 2008, 10:21:44 pm »
www.line6.com/flextoneiii/

I forgot to say that I got the Flextone III since Tuesday! It cost me 400 euro instead of the original price 700 euro (including pedal) and ~550 euro (excluding pedal). The one I bought was second hand, so it's cheaper. But I didn't get a pedal with it.

It plays awesome! Which ones are you guys using?

---

PS: I have a guitar question by the way, so I don't have to create 2 topics.
I saw many people playing/bending a low note/snare (so a thick snare) with distortion. But instead of it's original tone, it gets a very high distorted peeping sound which is very cool. I'd like to know how that works, or what that's called. If it depends on the amp, skill or guitar.

Here is an example where some guy does it: http://youtube.com/watch?v=EDTFgVaRBIA
  • Virtual Security
Re: I got the Line 6 Flextone III XL amp!
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 10:31:33 pm »
  • *whistle*
€400 for a single amp? Bah, that's silly. I'll stick with my 65 watt marshall that I got for nothing. That's right, nothing.

http://www.housecall24h.com/venda/images/marshal%20vs65r.jpg

Vaguely vintage tube amp, and it kicks ass.
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 11:46:41 pm »
Thats pretty cool man. I got a spider.

Also, the sound is generally whats known as a pinch harmonic. It has to deal with skill, rather then your amp or guitar, however it becomes easier depending on the equipment or settings you use. It's basically done by playing a note, and just as you pick it, let the pad of your thumb graze the string every so slightly to offset the sound to reach the harmonic range

Search pinch harmonics on youtube, I would think you could find something on there about how to do it proper. It's actually really easy once you get a feel for it.
We may be human. But we're still animals.
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 03:32:23 am »
  • Official Forum Hippie/Writer
I've got this awesome Peavey Backstage Plus.  Not sure how old it is, but it's got some awesome features.  It's got reverb and an EQ as well as some Pre, Post and Sat knobs.

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar+Amp/product/Peavey/Backstage+Plus/10/1

it rocks.
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2008, 03:41:37 am »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
I was thinking of getting a Marshall amp but I am iffy on which one to get. I don't want one thats used for very loud playing, just one with enough controls and a good sound. What do you suggest?

On-Topic: That's a sweet amp.
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.

Solarrain4

The Blurred Line In-Between
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2008, 01:46:24 pm »
  • ...Is it recording?
I use a Crate GTD15 with a Boss Metal Zone pedal. Pretty cheap setup, but I get a nice sound out of it.
06/29/2014 - forever and always <3
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2008, 11:54:20 pm »
Yet again, sorry for gravedigging! I must do a thank!

Thats pretty cool man. I got a spider.

Also, the sound is generally whats known as a pinch harmonic. It has to deal with skill, rather then your amp or guitar, however it becomes easier depending on the equipment or settings you use. It's basically done by playing a note, and just as you pick it, let the pad of your thumb graze the string every so slightly to offset the sound to reach the harmonic range

Search pinch harmonics on youtube, I would think you could find something on there about how to do it proper. It's actually really easy once you get a feel for it.
Thank you very much Skully! I was looking for that a long time already, but now I can play it myself! Thanks :D
  • Virtual Security
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2008, 12:01:40 am »
  • Wu tang Forever
how does the flextone sound?
I'm not a big fan of the spider.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.231 seconds with 54 queries.

anything