Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Someone is working on a Link's Awakening Remake  (Read 6062 times)

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
Someone is working on a Link's Awakening Remake
« on: March 22, 2009, 02:38:51 pm »
  • Phoenix Heart
Re: Someone is working on a Link's Awakening Rem...
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 03:44:54 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
Wow, his thread is a mess.

Also I don't get it, in one line he says...
By True to The Original, I mean that there would be no new items and only very minor changes to gameplay and puzzles.

But in another he says...
There would be 3 new main items, each with unique functions for solving puzzles and what not.

He needs to make up his mind.

The Sword having it's own button... meh. Having it be equal to the rest of the items is what made the game challenging. Mixing the sword with different combos.

Secondary Swords might be good, though there were different sword levels in the game.

Wiimote compatibility? FFFFF

There wil be some changes to items to make them more useful and practical for the duration of the entire game. For example, the Shovel can be used to 'ground' Link so that if a powerful wind were to knock Link off a ledge, Link culd dig the shovel into the ground and hold it there to hang on.

What. Please, that's stupid. If I remember correctly, there weren't any big winds like that in the game, and even if so, the challenge was to try and prevent it, not dig a hole and hide in it.

The Sirens Instruments will have Ocarina of Time like functionality and will be used as items through the game to unlock further areas to explore.

I'm all for additional areas, but using the Instruments, god, please no.

Also, I followed that link, there aren't shots at all. Just one of a WIP Link, and a finished Link picture. Also two random shots that don't really show anything. Him standing in a roof, and him... what I guess is hanging off a ledge.

Link himself doesn't look that bad, but he looks more like a toy than anything.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 04:20:17 pm »
  • Le temps est comme un océan dans une tempete...
Everybody is making a LA remake nowadays....
Jeod is doing one in lttp style, the community project is going to be one in mc style, there is this one too in a 3D-GB style, and now this one in full 3D.
People are really creative theses times.
Well, I go back playing the original one...

EDIT=> Hey look my avatar is a Wind Waker remake from LA!!! Just noticed....
Even if it's not totally true....
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 04:23:59 pm by Tlozpop »
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 04:21:49 pm »
Agrees with what Porkchop said. Eh, LA was probably one of the only zelda games I truely have nostalgia for. Please don't ruin it u_u.
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2009, 04:35:57 pm »
People who make LA remakes are !@#$% and sheep shaggers.....
  • Pyxosoft

Jeod

Team Dekunutz, Doubleteam
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2009, 04:51:23 pm »
That's why I handed mine over to the community project. Even I wouldn't like a bunch of LA remakes, and this one looks plain disorganized. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a disgusting ROM heck of OoT.
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

Zelda GBC+ Engine for Multimedia Fusion 2
  • Doubleteam Project Page
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2009, 10:13:14 pm »
  • Le temps est comme un océan dans une tempete...
Hmm, so you like sheeps? XD
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2009, 10:28:47 pm »
What an awful idea to make it in GM, just signs its death warrant. :-\ Could be fun though, hope there will be something playable someday.

gm112

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2009, 10:39:00 pm »
What an awful idea to make it in GM, just signs its death warrant. :-\ Could be fun though, hope there will be something playable someday.
I agree. They're going to run into a lot of limitation issues with GM. It looks like !@#$% and the final product is most likely going to be !@#$%.

That's why I handed mine over to the community project.
Why would anyone want to use your engine for the community project? The community project's engine is being built from ground up :S. You sound like you think that you're important to the community project.

Even I wouldn't like a bunch of LA remakes, and this one looks plain disorganized. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a disgusting ROM heck of OoT.
LLLLLLOOLLOLOOLOLOL HYPOCRISY MUCH? I don't want to sound like a troll or anything, but seriously you're saying you don't like much LA remakes when you started a project remaking LA. I don't see the problem in wanting to do a remake of LA. Honestly, I think that's cool that anyone would want to even if there are a million copies out there(hypothetically speaking, of course). Meh.. whatever.
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2009, 11:24:29 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!

ohu.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2009, 11:35:04 pm »

ohu.

:D

Anywho, an interesting find King Tetiro. Haven't seen that one.
  • Pyxosoft

Jeod

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2009, 11:48:47 pm »
You're one of the few people who tend to misunderstand my posts Basniak. I handed my project over in a way that they had the title for it, so nobody would feel like they were taking over something I wanted to do. I never like being the center of attention, but people like you make it that way.

Hypocrisy? Absolutely not. I stated I wouldn't like a bunch of LA remakes. There'd be too many attempts on an awesome game, and the originall game would be ruined for me if it were redone too much. That's also why I stopped making mine, not only because I wanted to give the community project a good option without guilt but also because I didn't want to be a part of the trend.
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2009, 11:58:24 pm »
Hypocrisy? Absolutely not. I stated I wouldn't like a bunch of LA remakes. There'd be too many attempts on an awesome game, and the originall game would be ruined for me if it were redone too much. That's also why I stopped making mine, not only because I wanted to give the community project a good option without guilt but also because I didn't want to be a part of the trend.

You shouldn't take it that seriously Jeod, making fan-games is just for the fun of it. Who cares if there are bazillion remakes, just enjoy making yours and don't let the "I didn't want to be a part of the trend" part bothers you.

Jeod

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2009, 12:00:56 am »
Eh, true. My beliefs are psychotic sometimes. Guess it's because I want to make game development my profession.

gm112

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2009, 12:01:30 am »
You're one of the few people who tend to misunderstand my posts Basniak.
Oh really? Gee, I guess I don't understand the great leader of ZFGC's posts then huh... oh dear, I must be retarded as I do not understand the great Jeod :O.

I handed my project over in a way that they had the title for it, so nobody would feel like they were taking over something I wanted to do.
And why would that be necessary? 4Sword had decided that the primary language for the community project is GML, not MMF2. The community project's engine was decided to be Minish Cap-based, most certainly NOT a Link's Awakening engine.

I never like being the center of attention, but people like you make it that way.
No, you make it that way yourself. You go around instant messaging people "interviewing" them thinking you can have some sort of huge impact on everyone you talk to. You were posting in the community project topic "assuming" ideas that were yours were the ones that were going to be done. In fact, I could go through and show you which specific posts I'm talking about.

Hypocrisy? Absolutely not. I stated I wouldn't like a bunch of LA remakes.
Hypocrisy because you wouldn't like to have a bunch of !@#$% remakes when you were working on one before.

That's also why I stopped making mine, not only because I wanted to give the community project a good option without guilt but also because
I didn't want to be a part of the trend.
Huh that's funny because you never mentioned about anything regarding "avoiding the trend" before.

If you want to continue this little "debate" I'd rather you PM me as this is disrupting the topic.(silly me, I'm being a hypocrite LOLOLOLOLLOOLOLOL)

Eh, true. My beliefs are psychotic sometimes. Guess it's because I want to make game development my profession.
Pfft. Good luck.

Jeod

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2009, 12:04:45 am »
Are you drunk man? o_O

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2009, 12:44:28 am »
Jeod, the language where you say you were handing it over did initially appear to look like you were saying that you were allowing the staff to do the project - almost to the effect like if you did not say so we could not do it. And really when it comes down to it, no one has to ask  so long as they are not taking specifics from your project and using it in theirs.

As gm112 said, your project was different in that it had LTTP graphics and was made in MMF2 or Blitz basic or something. If, however, you were making the project in Minish Cap style in Game Maker that would be where your train of thought works out sort of. It would then be awkward if the Community Project was based on LA and MC.

But either way, everyone needs to simmer down. The ignited ad hominem style text melee is inappropriate.

Jeod

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2009, 12:57:45 am »
I'm cool with it. It'd be nicer if someone asked if that was what I meant before implying I actually meant it. It's really not like me to be that demanding and I do not think of myself as a higher authority.

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2009, 03:23:17 pm »
It's looking pretty good, definitely since it's being made with Game maker.
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2009, 10:02:45 pm »
  • odens knop
I really don't like the way this looks.  I can't see this making it all the way through development.

Hmm, so you like sheeps? XD

Spontaneous OT lesson of the day:  Sheep in plural is still sheep.  Just like fish.
|LEUS HERTAN MINAT|
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 75 queries.