Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Alcoholic beverages  (Read 807 times)

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
Alcoholic beverages
« on: October 23, 2007, 07:40:17 pm »
  • b e p i s
NOTE: THIS TOPIC IS NOT MEANT TO BE A DEBATE ABOUT THE EVILS/WONDERS OF ALCOHOL.

Now that we have that out of the way, for those of us that do enjoy alcoholic beverages, let us discuss them here.

Beer: Favorite of mine is probably Sam Adams Octoberfest. Stuff is so delicious, it tastes like autumn exploding in your mouth. It's a shame it's as expensive as it is. As for cheap !@#$%, Budweiser takes the cake for at least having a somewhat pleasing taste for those on a budget or beer pong games. I do drink a lot of Pabst, not because it's good (it's TERRIBLE, actually), but because it's badness lends it some sort of inherent charm.

Wine: I personally prefer lighter stuff like a good chardonnay. My mom, who raised me to appreciate good wine, likes to buy something called Frutezia Wild Vines, basically a wine with peach flavor, and then cut up fresh peaches to put in it. This is amazing, no lie.

Liquor: I don't like liquor because although I enjoy a good tipsy affair now and then just as much as the next guy, liquor seems to serve no other purpose other than getting drunk because of its general lack of pleasing flavor. That being said, when I'm on a mission to get drunk, the best liquor I've ever had is Absolut Vodka. It's great for shots, as it goes down smooth and clean with minimal amounts of that disgusting burning sensation.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
Re: Alcoholic beverages
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 08:07:11 pm »
I'm not so sure how i'm supposed to reply to this post.... so:

Beer: I've gotten used to the taste. the only time i'll really want to drink it in excessive amounts is during beer pong.

Smirnoff Ice: By far my favorite alcoholic beverage. It just seems to taste good, and it's easy to drink. Eh. Too bad it's somewhat expensive.

Vodka: Only used for the purpose of getting drunk, as Knivu said. Serves that purpose quite well, though.
Hello, mom?

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 08:09:10 pm »
  • b e p i s
Smirnoff Ice: By far my favorite alcoholic beverage. It just seems to taste good, and it's easy to drink. Eh. Too bad it's somewhat expensive.

Agreed. I don't care if its a "girly" drink, the stuff is so delicious. Tastes just like soda. Smirnoff actually makes me sort of nauseous though...I guess because of the sugar.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 08:10:52 pm »
Beer: Indio, or Victoria some Mexican beers >_>

Tequila: for shots and when I want to get drunk fast.

Whiskey: when I want something that taste awesome but expensive :/

Vodka:ugg, I love Vodka but I hate it the next morning.

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2007, 08:13:27 pm »
  • :D
I'm really not a big drinker, but I do like me some rum.
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2007, 08:22:30 pm »
Dark rum or golden rum. Sometimes vodka.
If you're gonna get drunk, do it like a man.  >:D
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2007, 08:22:37 pm »
  • *whistle*
Mhmmm. Beer. I'm a sucker for big brands here - Heineken, Budweiser, whatever. As long as it's good I'll drink it. I've had some shitty stuff - Saint Omar comes to mind, had it at a New Year's Eve party and I only drank it for the purpose of drunk Halo later - but generally I like it. I'm a big fan of Genepi flavoured beer - higher alcohol content than regular beer, sweeter, more sophisticated taste. I love it, but you can normally only buy it in the alps, since Genepi is a regional specialty anyway.

Wines. !@#$% yeah. The French really know how to do it, and no-one else is quite as good. Reds, whites, rosés, champagnes, any of it, all of it, so long as it isn't just some cheap !@#$% - as long as it comes from a proper vineyard, produced properly, etc.

Whiskeys/whiskys - Not such a huge fan, but I like the firey ones, though some of the peaty-tasting ones are nice.

RUM. OH GOD RUM. MY GREAT LOVE. Seriously, since I stopped working in... mid-August, I've spent about half my time drunk thanks to that !@#$%. White rums especially, but I don't like weak-ass commercial !@#$% like Bacardi - I usually go for Cuban rums and stuff produced in the French colonies. I've also started drinking golden rums, too. Oak aged stuff - combines exactly what I love about whiskey with what I love about rum.

I only used to drink it in cocktails - y'know, Pina Coladas, Cuba Libres, Tea mit Rum, whatever, but recently I've started drinking it straight. And also drinking it a helluva lot more. Didn't really help that my old man brought me back three bottles of it from France.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.412 seconds with 51 queries.

anything