Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down

Author Topic: The Project Zelda Engine (aka Zelda Starter Kit)! [with Screenshots & video!]  (Read 116682 times)

Re: The Project Zelda Engine (aka Zelda Starter ...
« Reply #180 on: January 02, 2014, 09:46:23 am »
Would be cool if the Subrosians from OoS/OoA was in it.
/*http://raptr.com/Doomsfall?src=em_allsm]http://raptr.com/badge/Doomsfall/fss_overall.png*/
« Reply #181 on: January 02, 2014, 11:20:19 pm »
Ooh stuff from A Link Between Worlds! Is item upgrading already in, because there's ways the weapons upgrade and change in ALBW and I love how they do it.

Especially the Nice Ice Rod and and Nice Fire Rod.
We haven't yet implemented this, but if time allows us, sure we will give it a try! Why not.  ;)

The land of Subrosia is not of particular interest for the PZE team, as they are only visually a different world. Technically, it is same with land of Holodrum, just different tileset, music and NPC sprites.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 11:26:10 pm by SilentResident »
Create, Share and Play your own Zelda 2D games with the Updated Project Zelda Engine!
The official website here: projectzeldaengine.freeforums.net
Download it here: www.rpgrevolution.com
Download it here: www.rmrk.net
Download it here: www.rmxpunlimited.net
Download it here: www.creationasylum.net
Download it here: www.zfgc.com

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #182 on: January 04, 2014, 10:10:16 am »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
If you ever want precise details on how the Nice weapons differ, I could always help.

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios
« Reply #183 on: January 04, 2014, 11:10:49 am »
The land of Subrosia is not of particular interest for the PZE team, as they are only visually a different world. Technically, it is same with land of Holodrum, just different tileset, music and NPC sprites.
Well I only meant the race themselves but I see what you mean. A little disappointing though as I had hoped to try my hand at remaking OoS or OoA when the engine is released, so I'd gather your team is only focusing on specific things and not everything Zelda.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 11:16:19 am by Goat »
/*http://raptr.com/Doomsfall?src=em_allsm]http://raptr.com/badge/Doomsfall/fss_overall.png*/
« Reply #184 on: January 04, 2014, 01:37:49 pm »
If you ever want precise details on how the Nice weapons differ, I could always help.
Yes please! Any info is always appreciated!!!  :)

Well I only meant the race themselves but I see what you mean. A little disappointing though as I had hoped to try my hand at remaking OoS or OoA when the engine is released, so I'd gather your team is only focusing on specific things and not everything Zelda.
OK lets say we will add some Sumbrosian NPCs to the PZE and post a picture for you to see if it is ok! We will be happy to see you happy! ;)
Create, Share and Play your own Zelda 2D games with the Updated Project Zelda Engine!

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #185 on: January 06, 2014, 07:50:22 pm »
Hmmm let's see.

Nice Boomerang - Lets you throw 3 boomerangs in succession.
Nice Ice Rod - Drops 4 chunks of ice on foes in a square formation. Holding the attack button lets you aim it more precisely for a 2x2 grid will appear showing you where the ice will fall.
Nice Fire Rod - Creates an inferno that travels in a straight line until it hits a wall.
Nice Sand Rod - Raises sand in a direct line in front of you. If you hold the attack button, a grid will appear. If you use this weapon without sand, it can still stun enemies along the line it affects.
Nice Hookshot - Faster than normal.

I need to play the game again for more specifics on the other weapon as these are all I remember off the top of my head.

• Mirby Studios
« Reply #186 on: January 16, 2014, 01:22:59 pm »
Thank you, Mirby! :D

------------------------------------------

After an increasing amount of mails by the fans, we finally added a proper dismount button for Epona (originally, you had to use Ocarina or Horseshoe Flute to dismount, but now the dismount ability has been assigned to the Shield button (key 'Z' on PC keyboard) for easier horse dismount:

We also finally added the long-waited TMC tilesets to the Project Zelda Engine! Now the PZE users may use TMC tilesets to make their games, instead of these old and overused ALTTP tilesets that already come with the Project Zelda Engine!

Also various other minor fixes are applied to the PZE! :)

Enjoy!
« Reply #187 on: January 16, 2014, 08:32:40 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Nice improvements, I especially like the inclusion of MC tilesets, I have a personal preference :p
I remember a long while ago, there was an update where you could set whether you wanted to play as MC Link or the default Link, were all the same animations included for MC Link as the default player sprite?
« Reply #188 on: January 17, 2014, 05:17:29 pm »
Nice improvements, I especially like the inclusion of MC tilesets, I have a personal preference :p
I remember a long while ago, there was an update where you could set whether you wanted to play as MC Link or the default Link, were all the same animations included for MC Link as the default player sprite?

Yep the MC Link's movement sprite is done! :) This is just the movement sprite - for when Link walks or runs around. However, for the remaining MC Link's action sprites, such as Link lifting obects, Link swimming, Link jumping, etc, we haven't proceed, due to the long time it takes to re-scale the Game Boy Advance's 16x16 graphics into the PZE's 32x32 resolution.

Since we have to deal with other pending tasks in the PZE for now, the completion of the MC Link's sprites is postponed for later. But sure, if there is someone who want the MC Link's sprites sooner, he can create the sprites before our team does. All what he will need for this, is just an image editing software, nothing else. :)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 05:21:53 pm by SilentResident »
« Reply #189 on: January 18, 2014, 10:58:33 am »
The forced movement will be pixel or cell by cell as your last update moves are forced.

sorry for my english I'm french and I have a little difficulty. ^^
« Reply #190 on: January 19, 2014, 11:21:32 pm »
The forced movement will be pixel or cell by cell as your last update moves are forced.

sorry for my english I'm french and I have a little difficulty. ^^

We stick with tile movement for now, as the pixel movement has not been extensively tested and has some bugs.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 11:24:57 pm by SilentResident »
« Reply #191 on: January 24, 2014, 12:19:51 pm »
I have a script, Ultimate AMS manages well the displacement by pixel.
It works very well with your update 3.
« Reply #192 on: January 24, 2014, 01:56:09 pm »
I have a script, Ultimate AMS manages well the displacement by pixel.
It works very well with your update 3.

The Project Zelda Engine version 3.0 (aka Update 3) is ages old... Now we are working on finishing Project Zelda Engine version 4 which may lack pixel movement but has anything else the PZE 3 doesn't: real HUD, real menus, improved combat system, better graphics, real Day/Night cycle, complete weather system with all weather effects such as storms and snows, the 4 seasons, complete swimming and diving system, Navi the guardian fairy, Epona and horse combat, and over 50+ more features.
So, you see, what works with PZE 3.0 it is very possible that it won't work well with PZE 4.0.   PZE 4.0 in fact is a completely different engine.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 02:04:40 pm by SilentResident »
« Reply #193 on: February 11, 2014, 05:44:54 pm »
Hello people, sorry if there are no news for the PZE this month, as we are again busy in real life - the university examinations of February are taking alot of our free time - but we will resume work on PZE as soon as we get the opportunity!

Our goals for the next phase of the work on the PZE is to make the monsters as bug-free as possible, and apply Weapon-Based effects on enemies (Fire rod to actually cast flames the monsters, the Boomerang to make stars spin on a monster's head, etc)

We will be back soon with news! Thank you all for your understanding!
« Reply #194 on: March 12, 2014, 05:02:09 pm »
Hello everyone! Our team released a new demo of the Project Zelda Engine!

The Project Zelda Engine 4.3 is now out to the public!

Download Links:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/zgukxgl9cr7p9c9/Project_Zelda_Engine_-_Version_4.3_(XAS_3.91)_-_Demo_3.rar

Our team got still a lot of work to do on the engine, and lots of features have yet to be added, but the basic stuff is now done!

We aim to finishing the combat system's elemental effects, the Ravio's shop, and implement more scripts to the engine, if possible.

But the people can now get a taste of the new features we added so far to the PZE, such as the new particle system, the improved inventory keymapping, the monster behaviors, and many new scripts, to the PZE! The new demo also is a stable version, with most of the bugs have been already routed out!

Hope you enjoy the demo!

Have a nice day!

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #195 on: March 16, 2014, 08:21:00 am »
Huzzah! Nice work!

• Mirby Studios
« Reply #196 on: March 25, 2014, 10:55:19 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Awesome! I'm excited, it looks like pretty much just enemies are left to do, right? I've been awaiting this day for quite some time :p

I took a look at the demo, and everything is really nice. Just a couple things- I couldn't find the monsters! Where are the enemies, you mentioned there were a few in the demo ("monster behaviors")?

I also encountered this error after saving over file 2:
script '004. MX - Zelda Load & Save' line 435:EOF Error Occurred
End of File reached

I couldn't get the program to get past the title screen again until I took that save file out of the save files folder.

Also, I guess the Deku playground just isn't there? Because I jumped into that hole, and landed in the pond in south clock town. And just kept getting the "falling in water" animation over and over until I died, then restarted in south clock town and immediately I was moved into the water to have the same thing repeat.

Other than those two things, everything seemed pretty stable. There were some long pauses when I'd come out of houses when everything had to load, it seems like there's some strain on the system causing lag. Maybe there are some environmental things you could optionally turn off? I don't think my computer is particularly slow, I'm pretty sure it's up to scratch as it works fine with recording and mixing music, so it's probably not just me. Also, I think this may have been noted before somewhere, the spin attack is a little awkward with no sound effect.

Anyway, this is thrilling to see this get so far, congratulations!
« Reply #197 on: March 27, 2014, 05:56:04 pm »
Thanks for the comments !
Donotfeedthemax, thanks for pointing out some bugs you encountered,
the play ground bug it is already fixed, but yeah it is supposed to send you to clock town,
we haven't created the map yet.
Also the saves weres outdated(we forgot to remove them), which is the cause of the errors messages you encountered.
About the Anti-lag scripts, they are somes complaints about some people related with the lags,
we have another anti lag script, more powerful and more effective, but they are somes issues to fix in it,
(this anti lag is already present in PZE, but desactivated for now), once we will fix thoses issues,
we will use it as the standard anti-lag script.
The enemis are located in the enemy database map you can find some of thems here,
but the developpement of thems is still in WIP progress.
Again thanks for the feedbacks and comments, it's always apreciated^^

Edits : we fixed some of the anti lag issues, but need to make more deep testing to see if everything are okay in it.
The anti lag correct somes stranges behavior, you probably could have noticed with somes events like the postman in clocktown.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 09:08:27 pm by Baffou »
« Reply #198 on: June 10, 2014, 12:08:00 am »
I'm just wondering:

The site for both the Project Zelda Engine as well as RPG RPG Revolution are down.

Was this project halted due to legal issues? Was the site removed due to some unforseen circumstance?  I hope no trouble has befallen the PZE team.

Silent Resident: What happened? :(

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #199 on: June 13, 2014, 06:19:30 pm »
Why is it when sites go down, which happens from time to time, people instantly assume OMG LEGAL ISSUES ARE THEY IN LEGAL TROUBLE LEGAL

I'm sure it's nothing. Let's wait for an official response, but let's also not jump to any conclusions eh?

• Mirby Studios
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 78 queries.

anything