Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recruiting for a original Resdient Evil fan game  (Read 1432 times)

Recruiting for a original Resdient Evil fan game
« on: September 06, 2007, 04:35:13 pm »
Some of you may have seen this basic walk-and-shoot demo when I was going to make Resident Evil 2D.
http://www.zfgc.com/index.php?topic=17549.0

I am starting over from scratch with a new engine and story.

Resident Evil
The Camp Holt Incident

Story:
   John Guillen is a state cop who sent his daughter to a camp grounds for the summer because of her rebellious attitude.  He was going through some issues with his ex-wife and wanted his daughter to be away from all the legal hassles.
   Camp Holt seemed promising for his daughter who was in that rebellious stage at fourteen.  He just
wanted her to get some fresh air from the city life and their family's problems.  Camp Holt was not only a children's camp but also presented personal cabins for families, business men, or people that just wanted an escape from the world.  Camp Holt was situated around Lake Holt.  Lake Holt was a prime spot for fishing, boating, or other water recreation.  The administrator of the children's camp, Jeena Falworth,
had the children mail a letter to their parents about every 3 days telling them about what was going on.
   John had not received a letter in two weeks.  His cop instinct told him something was wrong.  He had tried calling Camp Holt several times, but the operator answered everytime telling him that the number was no longer in service.  Anxiety was growing in John.  He new he had to get to the camp for his daughter.  He raced toward the lake several hours away.  If he had known what awaited him, would he had gone?

Graphical Style:
Anyone ever played RE:Gaiden for the GBC?  That is the graphicsl style unless I can get better in spriting or someone wants to help.  I really want to edit the sprites and make them 16-bit.

Music:I am going to try to make original music, but alot will be taken from various RE games.

Sound:I will be ripping the sound effects straight from the RE ps1 games with PSound.

Programming:I really do not know crap about GM, but I know a ton in the Click series.  I own MMF2, MMF1.5, and TGF Pro 1.06. MMF2 is what I will probably use to make this.

What I need help with:
Programming-
I can easily do the walking,shooting,a.i., and cutscenes.
What I need is someone who knows how to do menus, saving, and item storing in TGF 1.06 and up.

Spriting and Tiling:
I need anyone who can edit from GBC to 16-bit graphics.  I need people who can make original tiles and some sprites.

Music:Maybe someone who understands the music style from the RE series and would like to make original music based on that style.

Level Design/Concepts:I just need one or two people I can bounce ideas with to see if the ideas are any good.

Beta Testers: Maybe just a couple.

Well, think you can help?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 04:56:18 pm by Theforeshadower »
  • Super Fan Gamers!

Dascu

Re: Recruiting for a original Resdient Evil fan ...
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 04:56:00 pm »
Hmm, that story sounds a lot more like a Silent Hill plot than Resident Evil. Also note that RE games usually star a character that's actually accustomed to fighting and using weaponry. It's really not "average Joe gets dragged into Zombie outbreak", at least not for the main games.

I'm not saying you should change your story or anything, but I really didn't get an RE vibe from it.
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 04:57:15 pm »
John Guillen was a state cop.
He knows how to fight and shoot.
  • Super Fan Gamers!

Dascu

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007, 05:05:28 pm »
John Guillen was a state cop.
He knows how to fight and shoot.
...Odd I didn't notice that. XD
Alright, sorry, I take it back.

zeldachamp

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2007, 04:39:42 pm »
Hey nice story....nice.
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2007, 08:04:36 pm »
I'm not sure if I'd have to be familiar with the RE series, but thinking up level designs and such wouldn't sound too hard.  Not to say that I would be extremely commited to it, though.
- Click to go to thread
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2007, 04:23:09 am »
I'm not sure if I'd have to be familiar with the RE series, but thinking up level designs and such wouldn't sound too hard.  Not to say that I would be extremely commited to it, though.
Believe it or not, when I was fourteen(four years ago), I actually sketched on paper about 30 levels for both this project(It was named something else and I never took it any farther.) and I was going to do RE:ZFGC....Which I may try some day if I can make a very solid RE engine in GM instead of the CLick products.  Not 3d but a mix of the 3d RE elements in the RE:G 2d form.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 52 queries.