Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Logo Concept  (Read 2634 times)

Logo Concept
« on: October 31, 2007, 01:01:37 am »
Hey there, I will be making a gaming/graphics site sometime soon and decided to start designing a logo. I liked the concept of my current avatar so I ran with it. I desperately need some C+C tho.

Re: Logo Concept
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 01:37:24 am »
I love it. But for a logo it's a bit big. Make a new smaller version!
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 01:39:07 am »
I plan on it....made it big so its possible to resize with easy.

Thanks btw.
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 02:06:55 am »
I hate that todays generation thinks simple is round and small. I think of it as plain and... the dictionary defenition of simple. So, it's simple by the new meaning of the word simple, but it wouldn't kill you to make a logo with more depth. Maybe actually make a box as in "gamebox"?
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2007, 02:11:03 am »
ouch.

CrystalAngel04

Resident ZFGC female
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2007, 03:47:43 am »
  • \\*Caution*\\ The Internets: May contain Women
He is a bit right to some extent. The name of the site is "Game Box" and I see where the squares come in but the plug is kind of random but I do personally like the simplicity of it.
  • -= Crystal Angel Creations =-
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2007, 05:24:46 am »
  • Huzzah!!!
I really like where the logo is headed. However the name doesn't seem to match the visual (for me personally).
Although the name size is good (I mean the 7 letters, not the size of the individual letter (but that is also good)).

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2007, 06:49:59 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Its neat, but there could be a tad more creativity between the logo itself and the gamebox text. Although, IMO you dont really need to watermark your image with your name if its a simplistic design :p its easily recreated either way :p

Fox

Turnbeutelvergesser since 1988.
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2007, 01:23:05 pm »
I think it could all be aligned a bit more. Like, the right side of the "GameBox" should be at the same horizontal position as the right side of the top-right square.

Also, try to think of something that is instantly reminding someone of video-games. Like a 1up-shroom, only better.

I love it though. It's a good thing.
  • Me on deviantART
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2007, 01:41:05 pm »
I think it looks fine.And I believe Fox 8.8 just came to this board to throw a few last overly critical posts at us
before he ditches the forum(I've seen this before.People tend to go on one last fling before they depart when
they decide to leave the forum).

If you're wondering about the I'm Sorry, that's aimed at TFW2005, for all the good it does.

Collided Worlds on indefinite hiatus due to being in need of heavy rewrites. I am instead working on some smaller crossovers, such as a My Little Pony and Power Rangers crossover.

Brony
  • Linkosaurus Forums

Fox

Turnbeutelvergesser since 1988.
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2007, 02:09:50 pm »
I think it looks fine.And I believe Fox 8.8 just came to this board to throw a few last overly critical posts at us
before he ditches the forum(I've seen this before.People tend to go on one last fling before they depart when

lol what.

I just say what I see. I see some flaws in some people's work and I try to convince them to try it better. I never said you have to take it in account.

I guess you don't even agree with me, so what do you care what I say?
  • Me on deviantART
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2007, 02:54:50 pm »
  • Save the Sprites! Save as .PNG

You know its better to say "I dont like it becouse bla blab bla, you could do bla bla bla better"
Then it is to say it is KICK ASS!!!

Reasons: No one is perfect and we are all comming with our own opinions to help the publisher make the final product as close as perfect as possible.

Also, you can se in his post that he wants C+C

Hey there, I will be making a gaming/graphics site sometime soon and decided to start designing a logo. I liked the concept of my current avatar so I ran with it. I desperately need some C+C tho.

On topic: I like the idea and color choise, but in my opinion, you should'nt use half transperent on the text, it looks good on the boxes, but while it is on the text it mess a bit with my eyes, ells way it looks really good, keep it up!

Regards,

Norlem
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 02:58:02 pm by Norlem »
  • Google
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2007, 10:43:21 pm »
i like the simplicity of it, and as for your watermark; you could try reducing the opacity to zero and emboss it a little

example:

the busier the background, the more it disappears... ;)
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2007, 10:45:36 pm »

Fox 8.8 never left >_>
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2007, 02:01:03 am »
1) Fox gave me a good idea so thanks for the C+C, try not to argue so much guys.

2) Thanks for the tips to everyone else. I'm new at the logo design thing. Help is very much appreciated.

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2007, 03:04:27 am »
  • The Mike
I like it. I personally think it's good. I think it would work for a splash page for your site. I know you put your name in so nobody could claim it but I think if you put it as the background and changed it to your site name, it would look pretty nice.

• Zelda Eternity
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 69 queries.

anything