Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Skyrim  (Read 4568 times)

Skyrim
« on: November 10, 2011, 09:06:07 am »

:D
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
Re: Skyrim
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 09:21:59 am »
I hate you.
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 09:36:01 pm »
Would've probably got it on my 360 back when I was an Xbox junky... 360 broke months ago and I realized how shitty the consoles were, and resorted to Nick's old Nintendo consoles and computer games.

So I'd also totally get it on PC except I have a 6 year old iMac that can't handle it :/
But when I graduate highschool my grandpa said he'd buy me a brand new Mac laptop for college, so that's when I'll be enjoying Skyrim! Going to download Daggerfall though to compensate ;)
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 09:16:19 am »
Yeah, once they release the game for Mac you mean?  XD

I am a little more hesitant to buy Skyrim than I was before the reviews. It sucks that the battle system is still a bit....Obivlion-ish. I don't know. Just lacks some realism.
And all Bethesda games have shitty glitches and bugs, though I thoroughly enjoyed them anyway. I'll end up buying this game eventually anyway. If not just just for all the awesome mods that are going to come out.  :)
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 11:41:32 pm »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
I've been warming up to this game in recent weeks, mainly because I've been watching a ton of developer interviews and demo plays. As far as my gaming purchases go, I plan on getting Skyrim directly after Skyward Sword.

... and the sky's have it... get it? SKYrim, SKYward sword? .... .... yeah, nvm, that joke was stretched a little too far. I blame my dad for passing on the lame joke gene. :P
  • My Music
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2011, 12:51:29 pm »
Yeah, once they release the game for Mac you mean?  XD

I am a little more hesitant to buy Skyrim than I was before the reviews. It sucks that the battle system is still a bit....Obivlion-ish. I don't know. Just lacks some realism.
And all Bethesda games have shitty glitches and bugs, though I thoroughly enjoyed them anyway. I'll end up buying this game eventually anyway. If not just just for all the awesome mods that are going to come out.  :)

You can put windows on a Mac, but you can't put OS X on a PC. I play Oblivion and Fallout NV on my Macbook all the time. :P

And, I'd say I'm jealous, but my friend already made sure he'd rub it in that he got it all day yesterday. :P
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2011, 06:11:37 am »
  • Minalien
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2011, 10:51:50 am »

Same here :D

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2011, 10:03:25 pm »
  • b e p i s
Skyrim's one of the best games I've ever played. Really enjoying it so far.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2011, 11:07:42 pm »
Bought it too. It's !@#$% awesome and beautiful.
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2011, 06:44:06 am »
Level 25 woot :D Got up 4 levels in 10 minutes last night just smelting and enchanting stuff :P
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2011, 12:41:01 am »
  • I had to sew my face back on with string cheese
I don't understand how I can kill a dragon with ease and then get slaughtered by a bear in less than a minute  :'(
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2011, 06:22:23 am »
  • Minalien

My new favorite screenshot. :3
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2011, 03:52:28 pm »
Am I really the only one not impressed with Skyrim?  Glad I ended up not purchasing it.  Looks about as good as an average game.  I have been watching both real-life(friends playing it) and 1080p footage of the pc version.

Animations look like !@#$%.

The dirt filters make the entire game look like !@#$%.

Some of the physics are still as laughable as they were in Oblivion.

Particle/effects look pixelated, actually just about every environmental texture falls into this as well.

The menu looks poorly designed.  Cannot tell you how many times I was either watching my friends or a stream and I hear the "oh !@#$%, I didn't mean to pick that up" or "!@#$% I didn't want to steal that" or just grunts and groans about picking up objects and operating the inventory system.

Anyway, I won't be purchasing it until it is around $20 used then I'll buy it for a console instead of PC.  Couldn't give two shits about mods....Shouldn't have to have your fan base fix your game for you(which I have seen several Skyrim mods already do).

Maybe it's just me getting older and more of a critic.  I don't think MW3 is all that !@#$% great either.  Watched my brother play it on his 360 then I played it for a couple hours online.  Not impressed...
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2011, 05:41:18 pm »
Wow, harsh  ::)

But yeah, the menu is a bit shitty. Looks nice, sucks to work with. Especially on PC. I click the wrong !@#$% things all the time. It's not all about the graphics and the controls though. The atmosphere is really good. The game does actually look nice when just looking around, like in a house or something. There's so much detail and great lighting effects. You can't expect and open ended sandbox game to have HD textures everywhere. That's just not possible yet.

Oh, and don't buy it for a console for the love of God.
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2011, 06:38:29 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
Good god, Foreshadower, do NOT buy the console version whatever you do :)

i love big weenies and i cannot lie

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2011, 08:46:39 pm »
  • b e p i s
Am I really the only one not impressed with Skyrim?  Glad I ended up not purchasing it.  Looks about as good as an average game.  I have been watching both real-life(friends playing it) and 1080p footage of the pc version.

Animations look like !@#$%.

The dirt filters make the entire game look like !@#$%.

Some of the physics are still as laughable as they were in Oblivion.

Particle/effects look pixelated, actually just about every environmental texture falls into this as well.

The menu looks poorly designed.  Cannot tell you how many times I was either watching my friends or a stream and I hear the "oh !@#$%, I didn't mean to pick that up" or "!@#$% I didn't want to steal that" or just grunts and groans about picking up objects and operating the inventory system.

Anyway, I won't be purchasing it until it is around $20 used then I'll buy it for a console instead of PC.  Couldn't give two shits about mods....Shouldn't have to have your fan base fix your game for you(which I have seen several Skyrim mods already do).

Maybe it's just me getting older and more of a critic.  I don't think MW3 is all that !@#$% great either.  Watched my brother play it on his 360 then I played it for a couple hours online.  Not impressed...

Right, but the game is fun. Yeah, it's got its share of glitches (typical of Bethesda) and the graphics may not be perfect (I think they look pretty rad on the PC though) but the game is just so much FUN. Sneaking around towns, slaying dragons, exploring, getting into mischief...Skyrim does all of that so well.

EDIT: To be fair, I do agree with you on the inventory system. I like how streamlined it is but I miss being able to sort stuff like in Oblivion.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 08:57:46 pm by Dantztron 3030 »
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2011, 01:54:39 am »
  • Minalien
Right, but the game is fun. Yeah, it's got its share of glitches (typical of Bethesda) and the graphics may not be perfect (I think they look pretty rad on the PC though) but the game is just so much FUN. Sneaking around towns, slaying dragons, exploring, getting into mischief...Skyrim does all of that so well.

EDIT: To be fair, I do agree with you on the inventory system. I like how streamlined it is but I miss being able to sort stuff like in Oblivion.
+1

Better to stick to an optimized UI than to attempt to maintain two discreet sets of code for the UI workings. The PC version's UI can be modified, while the console version can't-- so it makes sense to focus on the console UI first. I agree that it's got issues, but there are sacrifices that have to be made with games holding such an immense scope as Elder Scrolls games do. I'm looking at the potential of reworking the UI into a more Morrowind-like system, but I'm not sure how much UI customization will be available.

• Development Blog
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2011, 06:11:44 am »
Oh I know how much you love it, 90% of your statuses the past two weeks have been about skyrim :P But I agree, I play the game cause it's fun. Sure it glitches out on me at times (the biggest I've seen is a door not unlocking yet I have the key, an item falling through the floor) but it's not a game breaker.

I'm looking at the potential of reworking the UI into a more Morrowind-like system, but I'm not sure how much UI customization will be available.
Let me know if you do, I had a mod for oblivion that did this and I loved it :D
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2011, 11:23:34 am »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
From the looks of things the UI is scripted in ActionScript, there's already some crude and simple edits of it and one developer was in the forums explaining things as best he could and answering questions ^^

Also wooh news on the Creation Kit: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/12/02/skyrim-to-receive-strong-mod-support/
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 11:27:22 am by TheDarkJay »
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 78 queries.