Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 35   Go Down

Author Topic: Ocarina of Time to A Link to the Past Style Project (Great Deku Tree Finished!)  (Read 243124 times)

Re: Teh Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of the Past
« Reply #480 on: May 04, 2010, 08:00:43 pm »
I understand completely where Niek is coming from but I also understand the fun Master Yoshi is having creating more characters. The more characters Yoshi sprites, the better at spriting he should get...making animating easier. also, if animations are to stay true to ALTTP then they are incredibly easy to do(only a few simple frames) Should be childs play for Yoshi...its just a quite long process that can get boring...especially animating Link as he has LOADS of animations...believe me, Ive already done it with my old custom Link, now ive got to do them all again with my new one. I believe the best way to go about this is to first get all the characters front views done first, then make sure you are 100% happy with them. after that, move on to doing the other views(side and back) and then do the animations last.

Ethelon

Awesome Resized Avys
« Reply #481 on: May 04, 2010, 11:45:48 pm »
Mm, for certain animations, you can mimic existing sprites too. For that custom epona, you can look at the fsa one and use that as an example, if you need help animating it and whatnot.

Xfixium: "Leader"/Lead Programmer/Lead Spriter,  Cypras: Programmer, Ethelon: Tiler/Spriter, Darklink45: Spriter, Noseblunt3: Spriter,
SinkinDevil: Spriter, Dotyue: Spriter, Tompel: Tiler/Spriter, 
Mamoruanime: Tiler, DJvenom: Spriter
« Reply #482 on: May 06, 2010, 07:29:20 am »

I'm feeling unsure about the legs. I've put an assload of work into them, and that's the best I've gotten so far.

All I have left is the hair and arms really, which is exciting. What's not so exciting is the two swords he holds. Those will be very hard to translate into this style. I'm not too thrilled to attempt them..
« Reply #483 on: May 06, 2010, 07:40:07 am »
I feel like his knees are pointing down at the ground, when really his legs are pointing out. I think we would see less of the outside muscle. I also feel like the feet would be more shadowed since there is such an overhang from the knees.

Just my two cents. Aweomse work as always. :)
  • My Photostream
« Reply #484 on: May 06, 2010, 07:53:56 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君
I changed the perspective of the legs some.  The more I look at mine I'm not sure if I like it, but uhhh.  I dunno.

…And what happened to him being green?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 08:02:28 am by शेफाली »

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #485 on: May 06, 2010, 08:00:26 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
I too am bandwagoning on this!

:x Shefali; your edit looks like he's twisting his leg sockets inward :O looks painful

Anyway; I think there's a tad too much definition in the legs
« Reply #486 on: May 06, 2010, 08:03:33 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君
Yours is probably the best so far, Mammy.
« Reply #487 on: May 06, 2010, 09:38:37 am »
How should I go about the hair? Crazy wild strands or a mane similar to how it currently is.
« Reply #488 on: May 06, 2010, 10:11:05 am »
  • Lionfish App dev
Go for the mane.
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #489 on: May 06, 2010, 10:55:40 am »
I should say go for the wild strands. The mane is way too large. Now the hair is just as wide as the horns are, but it actually should be a little bit wider than the the face. At least if you want the OOT ganon and not a very creative variation. on it. And no the mane is not more LttP, because there Ganon was bald.
« Reply #490 on: May 06, 2010, 12:34:32 pm »
It looks like fsa a little bit
« Reply #491 on: May 06, 2010, 01:25:13 pm »
I too am bandwagoning on this!

:x Shefali; your edit looks like he's twisting his leg sockets inward :O looks painful

Anyway; I think there's a tad too much definition in the legs

mammy, you beat me to it. :)

Small, crappy edit with highlights and swords:

« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 04:17:16 pm by Skeme KOS »
« Reply #492 on: May 06, 2010, 04:54:12 pm »
I'm a bit unsure about the highlights, I want to see what everyone else thinks. It doesn't look bad, but I'm just unsure.

As far as the swords, you nailed what I probably would have done. I was looking around at other Ganons that have been done in the past, and Deathscythe and Ganonspriter had a good idea as far as their swords. I may cross them like they did.
« Reply #493 on: May 06, 2010, 05:13:23 pm »
I'm a bit unsure about the highlights, I want to see what everyone else thinks. It doesn't look bad, but I'm just unsure.

As far as the swords, you nailed what I probably would have done. I was looking around at other Ganons that have been done in the past, and Deathscythe and Ganonspriter had a good idea as far as their swords. I may cross them like they did.

yeah, i was unsure too...i think they definitely make him look too light or maybe too detailed?. i just wanted to throw the idea out there though...thats what my edits are mainly for.

heres another with the highlights only on his chest and knees...it makes the whole sprite look look less light. (ignore the 2nd picture)

« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 05:18:59 pm by Skeme KOS »

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #494 on: May 06, 2010, 07:11:47 pm »
  • Xiphirx

yeah, i was unsure too...i think they definitely make him look too light or maybe too detailed?. i just wanted to throw the idea out there though...thats what my edits are mainly for.

heres another with the highlights only on his chest and knees...it makes the whole sprite look look less light. (ignore the 2nd picture)

Ganon is not made out of metal, those highlights are unnecessary. It also makes the majority of his shading pillow shading.

Look at my massive edit D:

(I had too much fun :s)

left: mine
  • For The Swarm
« Reply #495 on: May 06, 2010, 07:52:17 pm »
Xiphirx, I like the chest modifications, now it doesn't look like Ganon has boobs. But I don't think the knees are an improvement.

Skeme, those highlights don't look good. Like Xiphirx said he is not made of metal. Besides it makes the boobs even more rounder. I know Ganondorf is Gerudo, but I also know he is still male.
« Reply #496 on: May 07, 2010, 04:47:38 am »
Here's a small update. Nearing completion, I am taking my dear sweet time with this and letting each piece come to me instead of rushing through it.

I've made some major changes in the torso area, because I felt like he was standing too straight and and looked more minotaur than beastly, if that makes any sense. I'm hoping what I've done has worked. Let me know.

The hair looks like crazy dreads at the moment. I tried to keep with the official art, and I just went crazy with it. I'm hoping for more edits and opinions, lol.

I haven't changed up the knees yet, but I am definitely going to. I was really fond of the edit Sprite Collector made, as well as Mamo's.

Also, don't mind the ass swords. Just trying to get an idea of what pose I want. And what I have now is not what I want. I needs to bring the arms out more, and have the swords more horizontal.

I'm think if I do a horizontal view of the sword and a diagonal, I can just rotate those around and mirror them to get the rest of my directions. Because it's gonna take a lot of directions for animating, I think.
« Reply #497 on: May 07, 2010, 05:07:32 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君
I went t'other way with it and made his hair less wild, and perhaps more like it is in the 3D model.
« Reply #498 on: May 07, 2010, 05:11:22 am »
And I just modified mine a bit, and change up the ornament on his head, lol. Somehow I think it was a major improvement.

I like your hair.. looks like corn rows. I could possibly do both and let people choose.

Edit: It's the eyebrows. Holy hell I am in love with the alteration I just made on the eyebrows. It looks 10 jillion times better now.

Also, can anyone take a stab at shading the horns any better than I have? It took me hours and hours just to get the horns to shape somewhat decent, and now the shading I've done is bugging me.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 05:22:14 am by Master Yoshi »
« Reply #499 on: May 07, 2010, 05:51:36 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君
Here's an attempt at the horns.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 35   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 78 queries.

anything