Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Forum (The game)  (Read 8252 times)

Re: Forum (The game)
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2006, 05:18:50 pm »
  • You don't know me.
sounds intresting but maybe its simpler as chat room.

Chatrooms are overdone. Besides, we already have a chatroom on IRC (i think).

No one located in this area of the internet remembers me.

aab

^ Evolved from a Hobbit
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2006, 09:12:08 am »
Well, with an ever increasing number of houses in the village, you could transport to a topic house (=> closed)..Or one of the levels of the infinately tall tower of. Misc Pre-Production & Ideas, for example.
This is sci-fi take on what the entire internet is going to become (eg: in Futurama or Johnny Mnemonic)

I ♥ Sol
.... I ♥ Sol ? wtf how long has that been there? >_> *rrrrrrrrar*
  • MySpace

Piers

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2006, 03:26:39 pm »
Well, with an ever increasing number of houses in the village, you could transport to a topic house (=> closed)..Or one of the levels of the infinately tall tower of. Misc Pre-Production & Ideas, for example.
This is sci-fi take on what the entire internet is going to become (eg: in Futurama or Johnny Mnemonic)
Futuramas internet is way cooler.
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2006, 01:55:18 pm »
  • Fear my Blades
Ooh, yeah.  It could all be in a tower, each floor is a different section, and different rooms are different topics.

You wouldn't have to walk around the building to enter different sections or rooms, but you can.  Each person has a device on thier wrist they can use to teleport themselves to different places in the building, although that kind of defeats the purpose of being able to walk around the building...  Dangit now I really want to start on this, but I know i'm too busy to take on another project.

- People would be able to select from a large library of pre-made character sprites, or add their own.
- A global IRC style chat.
- You can see other people moving around the building, and can always send private messages, but there are designated areas where you can chat with text bubbles above your heads. (can't chat everywhere so that posting in topics doesn't become useless)
- You can paste images on the inside of topic rooms (not uploaded from computer, hosted somewhere on internet)

Posting messages in rooms Hmm...  I'm not sure how you would handle that, maybe something like a guest book, or sticky notes on the wall.

You would enter different floors of the building at a corner, and the hallways would be arranged something like this

|--------  |
|  --------|
|--------  |

each hall is like a page of topics.  The ones with the newest posts are closer to the entrance of that floor of the building.

Anyway, thats my idea of how it would work.  I should probably get out of here before I become too excited and start it as another project... I have too many already.

EDIT:
Ah, I didn't realize how long it had been since this topic had been last posted in, the idea excited me so much that I just had to say something about it.  Sorry.

I've done it (sorta)!  Bloom Lighting in GameMaker, and 3D mode too!  Check out the awesome Screen Saver.
  • Kousou Games
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 45 queries.

anything