Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moderation Change  (Read 3050 times)

Moderation Change
« on: March 08, 2012, 09:56:51 pm »
Because the level of negative user behavior and forum activity are both down, there is less need for a global moderation presence. Thus the structure of moderation is being changed. I have readded Martijn dh as a global moderator because of his plans to clean up the Graphics boards - he will be the global moderator at its lead. Niek is going to be the global moderator in charge of the Coding boards - as he has experience with doing Zelda coding and is active in moving topics. The rest of the global moderators are being converted into local moderators.

Here is how the the moderation will now look:
Niek //Coding
 MG-Zero
 Starforsaken101
 Theforeshadower

Martijn dh //Graphics
 King Tetiro
 MaJoRa

This is not final by any means -  those who feel and can show that they are willing to work outside of their Coding or Graphics board assignments may be considered to be global moderators in-full and will have your rank made to reflect that. In terms of handling Coding and Graphics, because we all as the community should be involved and the process should be open. That means when talking about how to improve those boards from now on that we'll discuss the changes there rather than in the Staff boards - if need be, Feedback may also be used.

If you have any questions about this, please post here or feel free to PM me.
Re: Moderation Change
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 01:47:13 pm »
I should also mention that now Xfixium has been promoted to Manager to help out with maintaining the site. Yay!

thestig

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 08:20:54 pm »
Congrats to Xfixium! I'm hoping he'll be bringing new stuff to the stable with this site?
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 08:44:09 pm »
Thank you. There are things, old and new, I'd to like to implement.
  • Pyxosoft

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 09:12:26 pm »
Thank you. There are things, old and new, I'd to like to implement.

There are three words about Xfixium's manager acquiring I'd like to say.

About. Bloody. Time.

Congrats man!
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 05:53:14 am »

Hello again everyone. This may seem sudden but anyway the moderation system is changing again, but this time back to something simpler. The hierarchical system of having only 2 global moderators and the rest be local moderators was problematic - while local moderators have more defined tasks, it limits those able to do more or complicates those who would be using multiple boards or are as capable as the global moderator lead. So I have reverted the system back now it ends up with 5 global moderators which is more than 2 but still less than 8.

The global moderation team is now just made up of Martijn dh, MG-Zero, Niek, Starforsaken101, and Theforeshadower. There won't be any further changes to the global moderation system unless the need for it is crucial or it is agreed upon by a clear majority of global moderators and after being discussed with them. As a manager I have done more poorly recently in terms of establishing communication and consistency and this is something that I will be working on as we move forward together.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.284 seconds with 48 queries.