Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Pre] The Legend of Zelda: Rod of Elements (TITLE ARTWORK FINISHED)  (Read 5349 times)

[Pre] The Legend of Zelda: Rod of Elements (TITL...
« on: May 23, 2007, 07:15:45 am »

Game Title: The Legend of Zelda: Rod of Elements
Game Graphic Style: Mininsh Cap
Game Maker Version: 6.1 Registered
Current Game Demo: None (coming soon)
Current Mp3 Music Pack: None (when the demo is up)

Screenshots

These screens show a test room... and not much else. Also the framerate is supposed to be 50, it is on most computers i've used it on, but not on mine... stupid slow computer.

Beggining Game Story
Hundreds of years ago darkness seeped into the land of Hyrule, and changed its shape forever. Death Mountain blew up in an eruption, The Lost Woods caught fire, Lake Hylia dried up, and Hyrule Castle and Hyrule Town themselves sunk beneath the earth, and were lost from all civilisation.
The ancient tribes of Hyrule all united in an attempt to destroy the darkness, but it resisted all attempts to be destroyed. The people prayed to the goddesses to send a hero to save them. Then a boy came forward, and bathed in light of the goddesses, he was granted a sword with the power to repel evil and hold the power of light. After the evil’s defeat, the legendary sword that was used to defeat him was placed back in its pedestal, ready to be used whenever it was needed.
The sword has never been needed since, and although many explorers of Hyrule attempted to find the sacred shrine, all attempts to find it were in vain. Many people believe the sword can only be found by a chosen hero at a time of need.

Some say it never existed. Others believe it was a tale created by their ancestors.
Yet others still believe it was true, and hope it is never needed again, but although evil can be kept at bay, it can never quite be eradicated. Only time will tell when it is needed again…

As you can see from the all the subtitles at the top, so far I haven't got much to show except the storyline, and title. I know the story dosen't seem to relate to the title at all, but that's because you have to wait untill the game's finished to be able to piece together the full story, that's more like the starting story in the game. In fact it is.
Like most of those seem to say, I'm still in the building and testing phase for the main game elements (movement, items etc.), and all I can show is a test room if I really have to. Hope you like the idea.

Current Credits
Goodnight - for his collision engine (I'm so bad at coding collisions)
Bethesda Softworks - for the current Mp3 found in the game TES IV Oblivion.

~Blue Chu Jelly
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 07:18:30 am by blue_chu_jelly »
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
Re: [Pre] The Legend of Zelda: Rod of Elements
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 07:25:22 am »
  • Taste the soup of my brain!
Three things:
1. Change your title to LoZ: The Elemental Rod.  It rolls of the tongue more easily.
2. Get someone to proof-read your story.  There are several grammatical errors, and also several words used in the wrong context/wrong spelling of the word.  For example:  Preyed needs to be prayed.
3.  Good luck.  Developing a game is a very difficult process.  I should know, I'm currently working on 4!   XD  I'll probably never finish mine, but good luck to you!  I can't really comment on the game at this stage, but I still think it shows at least a little promise.

Good luck.
She'll pull out your feathers for her brand new hat and when she's done that she'll feed you to her cat.
People you love will turn their backs on you.  You'll lose your hair, your teeth. Your knife will fall of its sheath, but you still don't like to leave until the end of the movie.
If I threw my guitar out the window, so far down, would I start to regret it?  Or would I smile and watch it slowly fall?
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 07:40:19 am »
Three things:
1. Change your title to LoZ: The Elemental Rod.  It rolls of the tongue more easily.
2. Get someone to proof-read your story.  There are several grammatical errors, and also several words used in the wrong context/wrong spelling of the word.  For example:  Preyed needs to be prayed.
3.  Good luck.  Developing a game is a very difficult process.  I should know, I'm currently working on 4!   XD  I'll probably never finish mine, but good luck to you!  I can't really comment on the game at this stage, but I still think it shows at least a little promise.

Good luck.
Well, I thought of that name when I was getting ideas for the name, but I myself liked rod of elements better, so I went with that.
I can proof read it myself, that one was just a draft, as I haven't had time to check for errors yet.
Four games??? all zelda ones? or misc? I hope you get at least one completed, thats the problem I have all the time, starting too many games and never finishing any. XD I suppose that's mainly because I discover easier and better ways to do things, and (if I may say) my skill level keeps getting higher, anything that's too old just gets forgotten. anyway, thanks for the comments.
~Blue Chu Jelly
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 02:57:25 pm »
  • Taste the soup of my brain!
Four games??? all zelda ones? or misc? I hope you get at least one completed, thats the problem I have all the time, starting too many games and never finishing any. XD I suppose that's mainly because I discover easier and better ways to do things, and (if I may say) my skill level keeps getting higher, anything that's too old just gets forgotten. anyway, thanks for the comments.
~Blue Chu Jelly

XD
I'm working on 1 Zelda project for myself (GM6), 1 original action-adventure for the GBAX competition (DS), another Zelda project for the Dev-Fr competition (DS), and 1 space shooter for myself (DS/GM6).  I'm a busy, busy man.

If you need help coding your game, I could probably help.  So feel free to ask.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 06:06:10 pm by trelantana »
She'll pull out your feathers for her brand new hat and when she's done that she'll feed you to her cat.
People you love will turn their backs on you.  You'll lose your hair, your teeth. Your knife will fall of its sheath, but you still don't like to leave until the end of the movie.
If I threw my guitar out the window, so far down, would I start to regret it?  Or would I smile and watch it slowly fall?
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2007, 03:03:28 pm »
I'll probably never finish mine, but good luck to you!  I can't really comment on the game at this stage, but I still think it shows at least a little promise.

What the Hell are you talking about? you're one of the greatest coders on ZFGC!

Anyway well what can we say? not much to see(Screenshot hint! XD) I would change the title like trelantana already said to "The Legend of Zelda: The Elemantal Rod" It just sounds better in me and his opinion. Also good luck! If you need help with beta testing then count me in. ;)
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 07:09:18 am »
~Blue Chu Jelly

XD
I'm working on 1 Zelda project for myself (GM6), 1 original action-adventure for the GBAX competition (DS), another Zelda project for the Dev-Fr competition (DS), and 1 space shooter for myself (DS/GM6).  I'm a busy, busy man.

If you need help coding your game, I could probably help.  So feel free to ask.
I'll probably never finish mine, but good luck to you!  I can't really comment on the game at this stage, but I still think it shows at least a little promise.

What the Hell are you talking about? you're one of the greatest coders on ZFGC!

Anyway well what can we say? not much to see(Screenshot hint! XD) I would change the title like trelantana already said to "The Legend of Zelda: The Elemantal Rod" It just sounds better in me and his opinion. Also good luck! If you need help with beta testing then count me in. ;)

Thanks for your offers, if I ever need any help, I'll be sure to PM you guys :). Well I suppose "The Elemental Rod" is alright for a name, so I may change it (I've made a poll), and the screenshots will hopefully be up by the end of today (in Australia).
Re: [Pre] The Legend of Zelda: Rod of Elements (...
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2007, 03:08:03 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
Aww, I thought I was the only one doing mp3 packs =(  Oh well, looks good so far =)

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2007, 09:33:59 am »
nope, mp3's are my choice of music for games. better quality (of course).
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2007, 07:19:30 am »
yay, title artwork complete! please comment, that would be welcome.
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2007, 07:24:03 am »
I don't think it fits an 2d game and defenitly not a 2d game in MC style.

GANONSLAY3R

my xbox live gamer tag - GANON SLAY3R
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2007, 07:30:39 am »
i agree with Hyrule_boy it just don't suit a 2d game but good luck with it
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 10:18:49 am by daz123 »
Ocarina of Time Re-imagined cooming soon....
  • OOT Re-imagined Web
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2007, 12:32:36 pm »
  • hehe
doesnt suit 2d game?
u mean the title artwork.
it suits perfectly its not 3dish at all
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2007, 01:45:00 pm »
wait till they see it in the game, it'll be fine.
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2007, 12:49:51 am »
  • hehe
it looks like a 3d title because its in good quality and they're used to seeing it toned down in game
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2007, 02:42:20 am »
I've decided that I'll put a demo up by the end of the week, as long as I don't get lazy and start playing tasty planet again. It won't be much more than a title, file select and test room.

and when I resized the title in gm, it still has all the detail, which is good  8).
it's attached down there.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 02:44:40 am by blue_chu_jelly »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 67 queries.

anything