Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: LOZ: Evil´s radiance sprite topic.  (Read 19229 times)

Re: TITAN ARKANUS
« Reply #60 on: June 02, 2013, 04:11:46 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
I have been working on the Titan today, I only did the walking animation.
I´m going to do all the animations and then improve the sprite.

EDIT: I redid the hands, i´ll put it under the previous one to compare.
WELP, you completely disregarded my thought out critique, a really important thing to note: Do not animate a sprite if there are problems that you know need fixing, it's better to fix the original sprite  an then attempt to animate it instead of redoing hte animation everytime you attempt to fix the sprite.

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
Re: LOZ: Evil´s radiance sprite topic.
« Reply #61 on: June 02, 2013, 05:08:46 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
Kami, as much as your critique was a good, well-thought, critique, it's still up to Malefor whether or not he wants to fix those things or not. He has no obligation whatsoever to make all the changes you suggested.
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
Re: TITAN ARKANUS
« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2013, 05:11:51 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
I have been working on the Titan today, I only did the walking animation.
I´m going to do all the animations and then improve the sprite.

EDIT: I redid the hands, i´ll put it under the previous one to compare.
WELP, you completely disregarded my thought out critique, a really important thing to note: Do not animate a sprite if there are problems that you know need fixing, it's better to fix the original sprite  an then attempt to animate it instead of redoing hte animation everytime you attempt to fix the sprite.
yeah, i guess you´re right... but I will need some tips on how to modify it...
« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2013, 03:22:46 pm »
  • Let's do this.
Here is a good tutorial in order to train your Pixel Art skills, check it out:
http://www.pixeljoint.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=11299

Here some hints to start up: :)

1. If you want to have the Titan in MC Style you need to change the perspective.
    Most of your sprites have another perspective...compare some Minish Cap Sprites.
    (Horns are correct, you mixed up two perspectives)

2. The horns, from which sprite did you took them?
    It is easily to see what you did and what not. In the tutorial it is explained how to do correct outlines.
    Do not outline the whole picture with black, think from where the light comes!

3. Over-Anti-Aliasing --> Teeths, Toes
    All parts needs to look harmonic for the viewer.

4. Titan Head needs some shadows, it looks like a 2D object in a 3D pretended world using shadows.
    The whole sprite needs a perspective adjustment as said (You have got to "stretch" your sprite inward).

Okay, that will be sufficient for now, I will steal your sprites now good bye.

Show content
Psych! Improve your skills and I will have that feeling to steal your sprites ;)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 03:47:01 pm by Rayo »
This is one of many tales Hylian lore speaks of...

Click here to check out my Deviantart!
  • Zelda Time Walker
« Reply #64 on: June 14, 2013, 04:51:05 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
Started mapping the overworld, I made the village where Link lives and where you will start off. More soon.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 04:54:55 pm by Malefor »
« Reply #65 on: June 17, 2013, 05:54:01 am »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
I have one small suggestion for when/if you fix up the Titan and make a new animation for it: When it's walking, when the right leg goes down, make the left arm go down (as opposed to the right arm), and when the left leg goes down, make the right arm go down. It will look more natural that way because that's the way walking animations work. For any walking animation, it's a good idea to do this, otherwise it just won't look right.

The horns, from which sprite did you took them? It is easily to see what you did and what not.

I have to agree on this. The horns and the gem (and possibly the golden ring?) do not appear to be yours, but the rest looks like your work.

If you're going to mix sprite parts together, you will need to be sure to modify whatever sprite parts you take to fit your personal style. The entire sprite should be consistent in style and shading, with a light source and with a perspective in mind. And, of course, every sprite that is used together in a game needs to fit together as well. These things need to be thought out and decided beforehand, or you will end up having to go back and do a ton more work, revising your sprites.

That link that Rayo gave is VERY good, btw. Just take a little time, check out what it says, and then try out what you learn.

I know you've got it in you, Malefor. Spriting greatness! The goddess monkey of fortunate orange peels has told me in a vague dream filled with marshmallows and random explosions! It's a sure deal! Just work up to it! You can do it! I would love to see what you come up without using any other sprites or parts of sprites.

It's true that some things do come easier to some people than others. I know this all too well with the 3d modeling that I've been doing. It's taken me a very long time to learn, and it has been a bit disheartening at times, BUT, I've been learning from every mistake, and I'm finally becoming happy with what I'm making, and I'm able to work faster now.

TL;DR - Hard work does pay off!
  • My Music
« Reply #66 on: June 17, 2013, 08:12:23 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
Spent some time and finally edited the titan , but you have to wait until tomorrow to see it.  XD

arceusrules

Update stalker
« Reply #67 on: June 17, 2013, 11:39:53 pm »
  • You can find me on Deviantart to! :D
That goddess monkey of fortunate orange peels sounds like a true badass XD
I joined for the sake of an engine i saw on the forum, it got me quite excited to see it in use! I had found this forum some while before that, but it is only now that i see the pure awesomeness of it! XD

I cant wait to see some fanmade zelda games, nevertheless support the ones who program them :D I sure can cheer people up!

My profile picture is Tonae, a character from my fanfic. She is a sheikah, who are teamed up with Link against her will to restore the balance of time. She is named after my aunts username in Guildwars 2. They have a guild called Hellfire bunnies.

Heres my Deviantart: http://arceusrules98.deviantart.com/

Wiki page:http://wiki.zfgc.com/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Time_Collapse
TITAN ARKANUS
« Reply #68 on: June 18, 2013, 03:24:14 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
Here it is, I don´t know, the head seems quite out of place dont you think?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 52 queries.