Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Member  (Read 3247 times)

« on: March 12, 2013, 05:20:28 pm »
Hey, guys! I'm new here- I just signed up today. My friend Lorentz said this is a great site to post virtual artwork and stuff. My name's Henry.

I've been working/fiddling with my 3D sculpting program called Blender. This is what I came up with yesterday. I'm still working on it.

Let me know what you think!
Thanks

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 05:27:48 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
Hey!! Welcome to our community! I don't know much about 3D modeling but there are some talented users on here who do. I just wanted to tell you though that these look fantastic. Can't wait to see more from you!
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 05:28:00 pm »
  • Personal Saucier
Glad to have you aboard the forums, Hejedude! You have a lot of talent with art. I hope you have a pleasant time here at zfgc forums :)
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 06:09:59 pm »
@Starsforsaken101: Ahh, thanks so much for the warm welcome and compliment! I shall post updates daily if I can!
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 06:11:05 pm »
So... I added an arm..? Lol it looks.... eh.
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 06:42:12 pm »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
Hey there Hejedude/Henry, welcome to ZFGC! I also do a bit of 3D modeling, except I don't do anything high poly and I've only fiddled with sculpting tools, so I suck pretty hard at that. I've been working on low poly models for use in games, but I only started modeling about 5 months ago and for 2 of those months I was recovering from a work-related accident, so I've only got about 3 months of modeling experience.

Anyway, your model looks like an alien WIP, just as it should. I expect trying to make organic models can be pretty hard to get right, and I think you've done a fine job so far. Do you have any plans to use it in an animation or something? Or is it just for practice or fun?
  • My Music
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2013, 08:27:16 pm »
@Frozen(chinese symbol?): Hi, there! Thanks for the welcome! That's cool that you do 3D modeling too. What program do you use? Oh, my. What happened, if I may ask? I hope you're alright. I'm basically just practicing. Perhaps in the future I may use a model I create in a horror game or something. I'm trying to learn how to use Unreal Development Kit. Ever heard of it?

Thanks so much! I honestly think the alien so far looks like crap.
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2013, 09:52:58 pm »
  • It's the grineer
FrozenFire is the right term, but we call him Frozen (for what I know)  XD

Welcome to the comunity, hope you find yourself comfortable and share your friendship with us.

About the thing of the alien, that's a nice model, honestly. Good job!
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2013, 10:05:34 pm »
@hawthorneblaze: Thanks!!
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2013, 12:09:09 am »
  • It's the grineer
Call me Blaze  :D I gotta change my name back again  XD
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2013, 12:32:42 am »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
Hoo hah!  Welcome, we need us some 3D people here!

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2013, 01:10:49 am »
@MG-Zero: Haha thanks for the welcome, Zero! :)
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2013, 06:54:33 am »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
@Frozen(chinese symbol?): Hi, there! Thanks for the welcome! That's cool that you do 3D modeling too. What program do you use? Oh, my. What happened, if I may ask? I hope you're alright. I'm basically just practicing. Perhaps in the future I may use a model I create in a horror game or something. I'm trying to learn how to use Unreal Development Kit. Ever heard of it?

Thanks so much! I honestly think the alien so far looks like crap.

I've dabbled in Blender, and I've also used Anim8or, but the main program that I'm using is made specifically for a game creation tool called Game Maker. The modeling program is simply called "Model Creator v5.0", and it's extremely simplistic. I use it because it does all I need for the 3D indie game I'm working on. If I ever feel the need to get a more advanced program, I will switch to Blender.

And I already made a topic in the "community speak" section about my accident. I'm too lazy to search for it to give a link, and I'm pretty tired of telling the story, to be honest. If you are really curious, you can probably find it. Short version is that I burnt my feet with oil, and it really sucked, but I'm practically back to normal now.

I've most certainly heard of the UDK! That's very cool, and I hope you are able to learn how to use it without too much of a headache.

As far as the alien looking like crap: What's that one saying? You are your own worst critic, or something. Just never let that feeling bring you down, but use it to motivate yourself to get more skillful and to work at it until you can meet your standards. But be sure that your standards are reasonable, and within a practical reach. Otherwise you'll never consider your project to be complete (I'm probably just talking to myself here, tight butthole). And even failures are progress, because you ALWAYS gain experience, meaning there are no "total" failures. So there you have a little advice from someone who probably has less experience than you do, lol. Take what you will from it. I look forward to seeing more of your work and how you progress! Ever since I started modeling, this stuff really excites me, so I'm glad to see another modeler around!
  • My Music

Crim

Super Special Awesome
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2013, 08:24:11 pm »
  • I'm Pro!
Yo! Welcome dude, and cool 3d stuff.
  • Crim is Pro!
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2013, 03:06:38 am »
@FrozenFire: Dude, thanks so much for the inspiration. I have self-confidence issues and yeah, I can be extremely critical of myself. I never liked art as a kid because I was always SO obsessed with making the art PERFECT and I would get EXTREMELY frustrated when I couldn't, haha. All in all, I love art. I really love art. I just wish I was as good as some of these people I see on the internet who make unimaginable sculptures and stuff.

Sorry to hear abut your feet! I'm glad you're doing better.

So far, UDK has be baffled to the point of backing out, haha. I'm still going to try playing with it here and then because after all, that's how I felt when I first started Blender.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 67 queries.