Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 52   Go Down

Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: The Shadowgazer is dead - long live The Shadowgazer!  (Read 386312 times)

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
Re: The Legend of Zelda: The Shadowgazer
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2006, 05:42:58 am »
These ones are too good for mock-ups IMO
  • Phoenix Heart

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2006, 05:54:38 am »
  • .越//
everything looks good man. Is that epona a rip from minish cap or is it custom? And what program are you making this with?

there is not such a epona in a zelda game, when then this could be "maybe" an bigger size version of the tmc epona...

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2006, 01:24:28 pm »
Wow, looking really sharp! I like it. Good luck with it ^_^
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2006, 03:37:21 pm »
Looks interesting. Mockups defintiely are easy on the eyes. What are you using to develop this?
They're not mock-ups, that's the game running in the two rooms I've built. That you assumed they must be mock-ups I'll take as a compliment... I think...  :P

Is that epona a rip from minish cap or is it custom? And what program are you making this with?
It's a 100% custom sprite. I've completed all the animations for walking and galloping left and right, but there's just a static sprite for going up and down at either speed at the moment. Anyone who's every tried seriously to sprite a horse will tell you what a chore animating it can be...!
And I'm using Game Maker 6.1 (registered.)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 03:40:51 pm by King Mob »

dylan623

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2006, 10:26:31 pm »
The reason it's amazing is because it's in MC-style.
Off topic: Can I have your sprites?
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2006, 04:33:47 pm »
Since you asked so nicely - no.  ;D
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2006, 04:52:49 pm »
Oh my f*cking f*cking f*cking f*cking f*cking f*cking f*cking f*cking f*cking f*cking f*cking f*cking f*cking f*cking f*cking f*cking f*cking f*cking f*cking f*cking f*cking f*cking f*cking f*cking god! That's amazing!

I somehow manage with fading vision,
to say the same thing, as that's how I feel.

Then I fall into my dead faint,
in dreams to reel and reel.

Yes, I wrote that poem right now for this amazing looking game :). Can't wait to play it!

[EDIT]
Looks interesting. Mockups defintiely are easy on the eyes. What are you using to develop this?
They're not mock-ups, that's the game running in the two rooms I've built. That you assumed they must be mock-ups I'll take as a compliment... I think...  :P

He probably assumed they were mockups because this game is in the Early Production & Ideas board.

[EDIT2]
I like the logo in your sig. May I ask where you managed to get the font in which you wrote "The Shadowgazer" in? It's called "American Unical"? I can't find it anywhere :(.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 05:01:35 pm by cb43569 »
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2006, 05:23:26 pm »
  • Credits to BaB
This game kicks ass! I'm looking forward to a demo or trailer! That epona is really great, and the story is nice too. Keep it up!

dylan623

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2006, 06:27:13 pm »
Since you asked so nicely - no.  ;D
Ok, I'll just steal them from screenshots and demos. ;D
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2006, 05:17:35 pm »
I like the logo in your sig. May I ask where you managed to get the font in which you wrote "The Shadowgazer" in? It's called "American Unical"? I can't find it anywhere :(.
I don't know about "American Unical" but there's a freeware version knocking about called Celtic. Want me to email it to you at the address in your profile?
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2006, 06:21:19 pm »
Wow, this game looks awesome!  Ypu're really good at MC spriting, keep it up!  I can't wait for a demo or something :D

BTW: Could you PM me the link for the font as well?

dylan623

« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2006, 06:23:49 pm »
Wow, this game looks awesome!  Ypu're really good at MC spriting, keep it up!  I can't wait for a demo or something :D

BTW: Could you PM me the link for the font as well?
Me neither, for the sprites ;D
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2006, 06:26:14 pm »
Ahh, nevermind about the font.  I found something on Google.

Here's American Unicial:
http://www.gis.net/~dansmith/fonts/celtic/american.zip

And Celtic:
http://www.gis.net/~dansmith/fonts/celtic/celtic.zip

They're both basically the same, just different names.
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2006, 11:09:49 am »
Okay, I finally finished the demo. Get it here.

It's just a one room technical demo, but save the stuff I've taken out, it's a pretty complete demonstration of the engine.
Controls are:

Direction keys plus
X = sword
S = shield
Z = context-sensitive action
A = assigned item
Enter = for the purposes of this demo toggles between the two available assignable items

Any questions, comments, technical issues, bug reports etc. would be most welcome.

Cheers
« Last Edit: September 02, 2006, 10:23:11 am by King Mob »

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
Re: The Legend of Zelda: The Shadowgazer (15/6/2...
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2006, 12:08:21 pm »
YOUR AMAZING! THAT'S ALL I CAN SAY!
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2006, 12:26:55 pm »
Really nice engine you have there nicely coded but I really hoped you could ride on Epona in the demo.  :'(
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2006, 12:34:15 pm »
Really nice engine you have there nicely coded but I really hoped you could ride on Epona in the demo.  :'(
Sorry, but even though that part of the engine is complete I won't be including it in any demo because a) it's one of the things that is most unique anout this fangame and I want it saved for release, b) people have already announced their intention to steal my sprites so I'm limiting what I make available, that includes the horse I'm afraid, and c) I said a while back I hadn't finished the up/down animations - and that's still the case!
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2006, 12:41:22 pm »
Ah I see well if somebody steals your sprites here you can do something about it. But believe me they will steal it anyway if I was you I would have the sprites jpg files. Because when they try to rip your sprites then they will have it really hard. You simply can't just secure your sprites because we live in a !@#$% up world where everybody has to steal. Well I really wish you good luck I didn't see such proffesional Zelda fangame in ages. And please don't become one off them.
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2006, 01:02:24 pm »
But believe me they will steal it anyway if I was you I would have the sprites jpg files. Because when they try to rip your sprites then they will have it really hard.
I don't really care about people 'stealing' my sprites, but - for the record - I'd rather not see them used in anything else until my project is finished and has been out some time.
And I know I can't do anything about someone ripping sprites from screenshots, but if you take the example of the horse, I don't see what use 2 animation frames out of 68 is to anyone... So I just won't be showing any more than that.

dylan623

« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2006, 06:22:56 pm »
But believe me they will steal it anyway if I was you I would have the sprites jpg files. Because when they try to rip your sprites then they will have it really hard.
I don't really care about people 'stealing' my sprites, but - for the record - I'd rather not see them used in anything else until my project is finished and has been out some time.
And I know I can't do anything about someone ripping sprites from screenshots, but if you take the example of the horse, I don't see what use 2 animation frames out of 68 is to anyone... So I just won't be showing any more than that.
Could I PLEASE have some of the sprites ripped from MC (like the bombs, moving trees, and the effect that appears when the boomerang hits something)?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 52   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.216 seconds with 78 queries.