Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hooked up my Wii  (Read 4043 times)

Hooked up my Wii
« on: October 07, 2012, 02:48:58 am »
  • Lionfish App dev
It's updating now, haven't touched it in ages.
:o
  • Lionfish Apps
Re: Hooked up my Wii
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 03:11:05 am »
cool

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 01:36:04 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev
I don't have anything I want to play for it though. Might have to buy Skyward Sword
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 06:02:58 pm »
I ripped out the internet connection. !@#$% blue light kept popping up randomly >_>

Zhello

N.A.D.I.
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 06:16:03 pm »
  • L'homme avec beaucoup de noms.
lol that reminds me. My wii I think my brothers and attempted to homebrew it, very confusing but we managed to do it. The bad thing though.... It can't play wii games(GC game work tho), they cry about it when they bought Skyward Sword and it didnt work, now I have to revert everything back lol.

Well all I can say if you own a wii and try this do not do it unless you know what your doing lol.
The IT Guy
Intermediate Coder
Linux is a wonderful thing
~Linkwolf48/Gumstone1080~

The Legend of Zelda - New Beginnings

http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=34986.0
1.6 Demo -
https://www.dropbox.com/s/56km0iadaras56g/LoZNB%20Game%20Folder.rar?dl=0

Side Projects:

Dragon Diary - Cybernetic Threat
Story: http://wiki.zfgc.com/Cybernetic_Threat

Aero88
ZFGC is like the Hotel California.  You can come in but you can never leave!

devianart: http://linkwolf48.deviantart.com/
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 11:10:23 pm »
lol that reminds me. My wii I think my brothers and attempted to homebrew it, very confusing but we managed to do it. The bad thing though.... It can't play wii games(GC game work tho), they cry about it when they bought Skyward Sword and it didnt work, now I have to revert everything back lol.

Well all I can say if you own a wii and try this do not do it unless you know what your doing lol.

Not sure how its even possible for it to not play Wii games O_o.

Did you try playing Wii games off a HDD? I used ModMii to mod our Wii and it works great, especially with our flash drive

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2012, 12:21:35 am »
  • Lionfish App dev

I modded my ex girlfriend's Wii a few years ago. It was a 4-hour-long nightmare, but when it was said and done we were able to burn Wii .isos to blank DVDs and play them, so that was cool. Not worth the trouble of doing it to mine.
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2012, 12:24:47 am »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
I don't have anything I want to play for it though. Might have to buy Skyward Sword

With me, it's the other way around. I even have the special gold edition Skyward Sword, but no Wii to play it on (my roommate moved and he owned the Wii). I only played about 30 mins of it.
  • My Music

Zhello

N.A.D.I.
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2012, 12:35:30 am »
  • L'homme avec beaucoup de noms.

Did you try playing Wii games off a HDD? I used ModMii to mod our Wii and it works great, especially with our flash drive

Thanks I'll see what I can do, but I don't know what they did for it not to play wii games lol.
The IT Guy
Intermediate Coder
Linux is a wonderful thing
~Linkwolf48/Gumstone1080~

The Legend of Zelda - New Beginnings

http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=34986.0
1.6 Demo -
https://www.dropbox.com/s/56km0iadaras56g/LoZNB%20Game%20Folder.rar?dl=0

Side Projects:

Dragon Diary - Cybernetic Threat
Story: http://wiki.zfgc.com/Cybernetic_Threat

Aero88
ZFGC is like the Hotel California.  You can come in but you can never leave!

devianart: http://linkwolf48.deviantart.com/
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2012, 12:46:13 am »

I modded my ex girlfriend's Wii a few years ago. It was a 4-hour-long nightmare, but when it was said and done we were able to burn Wii .isos to blank DVDs and play them, so that was cool. Not worth the trouble of doing it to mine.

Ours took like a half hour, just following the ModMii instructions, then i was able to just play them off our 16 GB flash drive.

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2012, 12:47:01 am »

Thanks I'll see what I can do, but I don't know what they did for it not to play wii games lol.

No problem, you might want to ask on GBAtemp.net if you plan on trying to fix your modded wii and such. They will most likely be able to help you better then just trying to do it yourself

Crim

Super Special Awesome
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2012, 06:40:23 pm »
  • I'm Pro!
was it tough to hook up? man, plugging in those cords always gets me.
  • Crim is Pro!
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2012, 02:00:48 am »
  • Lionfish App dev
Yeah, there's all the different colored component cables, and in the dark behind my TV it was really tough to get it right. Tough stuff man
  • Lionfish Apps

thestig

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2012, 02:26:52 am »
Yeah, there's all the different colored component cables, and in the dark behind my TV it was really tough to get it right. Tough stuff man
Crim's color blind AFAIK, so that would be actually a tough thing for him to do.
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2012, 12:42:01 am »
  • Lionfish App dev
Seriously though, Component cables have 2 freakin red cords. What were they thinking?
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2012, 01:03:19 am »
I dunno, we don't use them over here. Our equivalent is AV cables (red, white, yellow) which are essentially the same thing as component, or HDMI.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2012, 01:09:10 am »
  • 笑い男
I dunno, we don't use them over here. Our equivalent is AV cables (red, white, yellow) which are essentially the same thing as component, or HDMI.
That's composite. Everyone has that also. Component cables offer a better picture and have one cable per colour (RGB) plus the white and red for left and right sound. I'm pretty sure you can get them.

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2012, 01:10:20 am »
  • It's the grineer

From where are you?
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2012, 01:50:31 am »
That's composite. Everyone has that also. Component cables offer a better picture and have one cable per colour (RGB) plus the white and red for left and right sound. I'm pretty sure you can get them.
Ah okay, I didn't really know the difference cause I've never used the other. Don't think we ever had a TV or DVD player with component input.

From where are you?
Australia, so we use PAL, but I don't think there's much difference now that we've switched to digital stations.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.

Crim

Super Special Awesome
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2012, 06:21:19 pm »
  • I'm Pro!
i use smellovision now.. kinda sucks. might go back to 4d tv.
  • Crim is Pro!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 79 queries.

anything