Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: The Project Zelda Engine (aka Zelda Starter Kit)! [with Screenshots & video!]  (Read 116794 times)

Re: The Project Zelda Engine (aka Zelda Starter ...
« Reply #100 on: January 23, 2013, 06:11:46 pm »
Hehe thank you all for your kind words! xD
Create, Share and Play your own Zelda 2D games with the Updated Project Zelda Engine!
The official website here: projectzeldaengine.freeforums.net
Download it here: www.rpgrevolution.com
Download it here: www.rmrk.net
Download it here: www.rmxpunlimited.net
Download it here: www.creationasylum.net
Download it here: www.zfgc.com

arceusrules

Update stalker
« Reply #101 on: January 25, 2013, 10:44:04 am »
  • You can find me on Deviantart to! :D
I do know that you are low on programmers, but still, all of you are putting a lot of effort in this :) Please tell them we really appreciate their work as well :D
I joined for the sake of an engine i saw on the forum, it got me quite excited to see it in use! I had found this forum some while before that, but it is only now that i see the pure awesomeness of it! XD

I cant wait to see some fanmade zelda games, nevertheless support the ones who program them :D I sure can cheer people up!

My profile picture is Tonae, a character from my fanfic. She is a sheikah, who are teamed up with Link against her will to restore the balance of time. She is named after my aunts username in Guildwars 2. They have a guild called Hellfire bunnies.

Heres my Deviantart: http://arceusrules98.deviantart.com/

Wiki page:http://wiki.zfgc.com/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Time_Collapse
« Reply #102 on: February 02, 2013, 01:23:48 pm »
This week's news are focused on the improvements our team has done to the Map Slide script.

Map Slide is the feature we see in the following Legend of Zelda titles:
A Link to the Past, Link's Awakening, Oracle of Ages, Oracle of Seasons and Minish Cap titles.

As "map slide", we call the map-scrolling function that triggers every time Link travels from one room to another and camera moves with him.

The map slide requires the rooms to be of fixed sizes and of same tilesets, much like as in the picture bellow:

Our Team not only added the Map Slide to the Project Zelda Engine, but we also worked on it and we improved its functions by expanding its limitations, so it can connect rooms of both fixed sizes and different sizes, and of different tilesets!

This allows the people enjoy more flexibility at making their dungeons using the Project Zelda Engine.

What do you think about this new feature? We could love to hear your opinion!
Create, Share and Play your own Zelda 2D games with the Updated Project Zelda Engine!

arceusrules

Update stalker
« Reply #103 on: February 02, 2013, 02:38:08 pm »
Awesome ^^ Then i dont have to redesign my water temple :)
I joined for the sake of an engine i saw on the forum, it got me quite excited to see it in use! I had found this forum some while before that, but it is only now that i see the pure awesomeness of it! XD

I cant wait to see some fanmade zelda games, nevertheless support the ones who program them :D I sure can cheer people up!

My profile picture is Tonae, a character from my fanfic. She is a sheikah, who are teamed up with Link against her will to restore the balance of time. She is named after my aunts username in Guildwars 2. They have a guild called Hellfire bunnies.

« Reply #104 on: February 03, 2013, 12:25:14 am »
Awesome ^^ Then i dont have to redesign my water temple :)

Hehe yeah it saves lots of time and troubles. I didn't liked how restricted the classic LTTP Map Slide was, regarding the room sizes.
« Reply #105 on: February 04, 2013, 12:25:50 am »
  • It's just Max.
Hey Silent Resident and other Project Zelda programmers! I don't use PZE myself, but I do work with RMXP, and I have a question.

So far I've just made water and lava and holes impassible because when I had a system where the hero could fall into stuff and drown, NPCs and enemies could just wander over holes like they had magic levitating skills. How do you guys handle this, if I might ask?

I presume holes have to be passable so that the hero can walk onto them to fall into them, but how do you then keep enemies from walking on water, etc.?

SuperSonic54

The lonely game maker
« Reply #106 on: February 04, 2013, 02:43:06 am »
Are you planning to make this for RMVX and VX ace? Because My Xp version is wacked up :'(
The past,present,future...what's to really believe...
« Reply #107 on: February 04, 2013, 08:20:04 pm »
Hey Silent Resident and other Project Zelda programmers! I don't use PZE myself, but I do work with RMXP, and I have a question.

So far I've just made water and lava and holes impassible because when I had a system where the hero could fall into stuff and drown, NPCs and enemies could just wander over holes like they had magic levitating skills. How do you guys handle this, if I might ask?

I presume holes have to be passable so that the hero can walk onto them to fall into them, but how do you then keep enemies from walking on water, etc.?
hehe, I am not the expert here who can answer those questions. I will ask Baffou, the teammate who has implemented/done this lava/water stuff to the PZE.

Are you planning to make this for RMVX and VX ace? Because My Xp version is wacked up :'(
I am not a fan of RMVX and VXace and we are already exhausted from our work on RPG Maker XP. Its possible that we will retire and leave the RPG Maker community once the PZE 4.0 is finished and is released to the public. But there is an way to get XP if you are still interested. I send you a mail with the instructions.

arceusrules

Update stalker
« Reply #108 on: February 04, 2013, 09:50:58 pm »
Wait, is this engine and rpg maker in general compatible with windows vista?

« Reply #109 on: February 05, 2013, 03:41:42 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Speaking from experience, you can use XP with vista, you just often have to put up a fight with the system :p

arceusrules

Update stalker
« Reply #110 on: February 05, 2013, 08:56:31 pm »
Use xp with vista? I know you can run bothy simulatneously but i have no idea how to do that. I think i need windows XP or 7 on a disc. I have downloaded Windows 7 but i dont know what to do next

« Reply #111 on: February 06, 2013, 06:36:11 am »
  • It's just Max.
Haha, I meant RPG Maker XP!

I've never had any problems running RPG maker xp on windows 7, but it always gave me problems with vista. Could just be that I've gotten smarter, though :s

thestig

« Reply #112 on: February 06, 2013, 10:06:23 am »
Could just be that I've gotten smarter, though :s
Max, did your trip to mushroom mountain train you black magic?!
« Reply #113 on: February 06, 2013, 01:04:01 pm »
I have been watching this for some time. This may be well on its way for use to anyone who wants to create a Legend of Zelda mythos.
Games that I support:

Forums that I am a member of:
« Reply #114 on: February 06, 2013, 05:31:21 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Could just be that I've gotten smarter, though :s
Max, did your trip to mushroom mountain train you black magic?!

Nah, Mushroom Mountain was about wizardry training. Black magic was a weekend seminar I took in Illinois.
« Reply #115 on: February 08, 2013, 03:17:58 am »
This engine is AMAZING, simply put! I also have an idea you guys should think about adding. :)

Alternate forms/Adult Link!
I think this could expand gameplay a lot, by restricting items while in a certain mode or form. Like Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time, of course! And even Twilight Princess, with the different abilities Link gained while being a wolf.

I also ran into some bad lagging problems. My laptop is a pretty great one, so I'm pretty shocked this program had a lot of lag when transitioning areas and simply walking. The program goes into (Not Responding) mode every time the area changes. Hopefully it's not just me?

arceusrules

Update stalker
« Reply #116 on: February 08, 2013, 04:41:19 pm »
Yes, indeed they are planning that. Look up their website. :)

WolfPupLink

Wolf Pup Link
« Reply #117 on: February 08, 2013, 05:14:05 pm »
  • An aspiring designer and writer.
This looks absolutely superb! Paint me blue and call me Navi but this has over 75% of my interest right now! I would love to hear more about it ASAP!

thestig

« Reply #118 on: February 08, 2013, 05:57:20 pm »
This looks absolutely superb! Paint me blue and call me Navi but this has over 75% of my interest right now! I would love to hear more about it ASAP!
Ugh, Steve can you please disable the !@#$% glow bbcode so people can't abuse it like this?

Seriously just use a font that's readable D:

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #119 on: February 08, 2013, 07:00:14 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
Ugh, Steve can you please disable the !@#$% glow bbcode so people can't abuse it like this?

Seriously just use a font that's readable D:

Or you could simply send Steve a message rather than post off-topic :P. (<3 I'm sorry I have to be an admin).
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 78 queries.