Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Poll

What do u rate demo 5?

1 star
- 10 (35.7%)
2 star
- 3 (10.7%)
3 star
- 7 (25%)
4 star
- 2 (7.1%)
5 star
- 6 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Zelda 3D, Rise of Evil(EDIT: Demo Five released)  (Read 11512 times)

brucem91

Zelda 3D, Rise of Evil(EDIT: Demo Five released)
« on: August 18, 2006, 01:01:45 am »
EDIT, friday, November 17, 2006 7:40 PM EST(scroll to bottom of this first post for demo five)
Okay. I did not start this game, but GMC Reloaded user Darkfox 404 did. I am just helping him with some stuff. I talked with him over AIM, and he gave me permission to post it.
Controls->
arrow keys=move
main menu-enter, but expect 10-20 seconds waiting time

Screenies-

The demos
Version 0.1
This demo has walking in a 3d enviroment /\
Version 0.2
This demo has walking, some npcs, some collisions, and some more backgrounds./\
Version 0.3
This demo features everything above, plus some 3d models and a intro \screen, I think. Because of the 3d models, extract the zip to play, and expect some game frezze's because the models are loading. This is known.
What is to come

Hello, been a while. This is not a pointless bump, I have demo five ready. Credit the real methusalah for main menu

Download at
http://www.savefile.com/files/266781

Controls:
Main menu, 'x' and  'z'
Overworld
up, down, left, right arrows for movement
'z' for sword
'x' for bombs
'a' for reading signs/text progression

« Last Edit: November 18, 2006, 12:40:35 am by brucem91 »
Re: Zelda 3D, Rise of Evil
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2006, 01:48:03 am »
  • =/
Its good but nothing I havn't seen before.

For anyone wondering, this is not an edit of the other zelda 3d/2d engine. I've seen this before the other one.

brucem91

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2006, 01:56:37 am »
No, this isnt an edit at all of any engines you have seen before, unless you saw this game on the Game Maker Community. When I announced this on the chat room, they all thought I copied Wilds Engine. I didnt though. This game was started a month before the exe only was released on this forum. However, I didnt start this engine. A guy i know over AIM from california started this enigne, then I went onto his team. He got bored of it, and let me keep the engine. Now I added a storyline and am making it a game.(The story line isnt in anything above yet). Thanks. These demos are somewhat old, I have another place(Lake Hylia from Oot) in production now, which is the first place visited in this game. Also, their is a main island in this game, the one that is in all the demos in this thread. I need a good name for it.

Hikij

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2006, 02:02:07 am »
Maybe the guy on GMC is really Wild, and he let you on his team. When he quit, he gave you his GM6, and left. Maybe he started again on another engine later, when he thought of some things he could do.
There is gotta be something up, because you know, 3D engines are usually unique.

brucem91

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2006, 02:05:47 am »
Not really. The guy on GMC who let me on his team only quit about a week or two ago. Besides, I compared the two engines, and the style is way different. Plus, he couldnt get a text engine for his game, but wild could.

Hikij

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2006, 02:44:14 am »
The game is made with Game Maker. Don't go nuts on him, d3d is very limited.

brucem91

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2006, 02:57:48 am »
True, but i saw over on gmc a game where there is Link, the camera follows him like in OoT, and Link looks and moves like the one in OoT.

shadow_caliber

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2006, 06:39:12 am »
Actually weasels arguments have nothing to do with Game Makers capabilities just the things he suggest would actually make it a lot faster and likely easier in Game Maker then what he's doing now

Well on to the game: I like that style a lot =P though the bushes need fixing it'll be neat to see some sort of storyline develop on this once good luck with this.

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2006, 07:06:04 am »
I'm going to test this game and give you my honest opinion.

Right my honest opinion

Score- 7/10. I gave you this on a basis that it is the starting block of your game.

Here are a few pointers

1-We need buttons! This helps!

2-Signs, Rocks,NPCs,Etc need to have transparency on their background. If you want me to show you what I mean, send me a image of a NPC and I'll show you.

3-Link has no animation in his walk. Consider this.

4-Menu takes too long. Consider this as well

Apart from tis, I would give a 10/10.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2006, 07:13:38 am by Laigonaz »
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2006, 07:39:48 am »
I give it a 11/10 why do you say? because first GB style is used which always score higher and in 3d. I know this project from GMC its exactly what I wanted to make a long time ago. Can't wait for new demo's.
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2006, 07:53:16 am »
  • :3
i realy like it good job
  • daniel-kun

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2006, 08:02:43 am »
GGB style really goes well with it but Link has no walking animation. You can make the NPCs and other stuff have transparent backgrounds. A hud will make life easier to play. The menu does take too long. Apart from that 10/10 to 11/10. It's very good.
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2006, 09:33:12 am »
This looks good! I havnt been to the GMC in a while, maybe I should start going back because better games seem to be coming out. I like the 3d use of GB style more than I thought  :D.
Good luck, hopefully you dont grow bored.

brucem91

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2006, 12:29:39 pm »
Thanks Everyone. I didnt have demo 4.0 up, so thats why you didnt see the follwoing
Link walking animation is fixed when he walks(thanks to i wanna say ThatGamesGuy of GMC)
I have a sword engine
I have a bomb system I made
Npcs, I added a few of those.

However, I had alot of trouble with the text engine. At first, I used the text engine I  used on all my 2d games, which is like the one wild used. I didnt know how to get it to work in 3d. So, I saw wilds example, and he had a working 3d talk engine. I imported all the code for the text, and it still didnt work.

Thanks for noticing Hyrule Boy. The one on the gmc is really far back in the wip section, and it didnt have a storyline. I picked up on the game, the original author got bored, so yahh mee, i didnt have to start the engine, just finish a lot of stuff.

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2006, 12:31:15 pm »
Your welcome. I can see this game going very far. You have some very good skills. I ,like it.
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2006, 05:46:14 am »
Did you import the "get_letter" one too?
Also, make sure you have this in the main "dialog_box" script.
"d3d_set_projection_ortho(0,0,yourwidth,yourheight,0);"

Lastly, to call it use this in the npc
Code: [Select]
dialog_box(argument0,argument1,argument2,argument3)
//argument0 = the text
//argument1 = whether or not to draw the box at the end
//argument2 = whether or not to initiate the text
//argument3 = whether or not to draw the text box
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2006, 03:55:17 pm »
This looks good :)

But I don't think you should mix 3d models with 2d sprites, looks contrastive.

brucem91

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2006, 09:04:25 pm »
Unless I also release a version in 3d like in Oot, MM, or WW, the only 3d models are going to be the grass. Also, a few days ago, I almost quit the game, cause when I went to play it, nothing worked. But now, I figured the problem, and the game is up again. Thanks for the help Wild8900, you and the person who made the text engine are going into the credits. When the game is finished, their is going to be a few different versions:
Mp3 version>high-speed internet
Midi version>better for dial-up connections
I may make it 2d as well, and i I do, it would be lttp graphics

PaXx

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2006, 05:20:59 pm »
Very good idea, keep this up! :)

brucem91

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2006, 08:42:39 pm »
Thanks PaXx. The next demo(no projected release yet) will inlcude Lake Hylia like in OoT. The next demo will not just be a test room, it will actually have the storyline with it as well. Lake Hylia is almost complete grahpic wise. Most Likely you will talk with Keapora Gaebora before you go to the next place. However, I ran into a problem. I set Links walking speed to 2.25 to speed him up on the room you played. However, that room plays at about 16 fps. Lake hylia plays at 30 fps(29--30 actually). So, in Lake Hylia, Link appears to move faster. Does anyone know how to fix it. I use GameMaker version6.1 registered.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 80 queries.

anything