Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Everything's going to change now, isn't it Harry?  (Read 11131 times)

Everything's going to change now, isn't it Harry...
« on: May 04, 2007, 02:37:35 pm »
  • [sic]

Part of ZFGC's appeal has always been the SPAM, the silliness, the less-than-serious bigotry. We're a forum that, as a community, really accomplishes pretty much nothing and all this anti-spam is basically just making us not only accomplish nothing, but do nothing either. It's a commonly accepted fact that most of the projects here are crap, most of the graphics here are crap.. in fact, almost everything here is pretty much worthless, besides a few rare "gems".  Because of this, and the lack of excitement once had with OOT2D, OOL, etc., ZFGC is more a community-based forum than ever and jocular spammers make up a core part of the community we have here. Obviously, sometimes they have caused problems where problems would not otherwise arise, but on the whole, they do not harm the community, they just give visitors another reason to come back - to have a good laugh.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 05:10:11 pm by Kame »
Re: Everything's going to change now, isn't it H...
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 02:44:04 pm »
  • ..Goodbye..
That is the smartest thing I have ever heard. :O
Helios did it.
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 07:02:44 pm »
Posting pictures of dead babies, posting things in incorrect topics, posting things of such nature is NOT ZFGC's norm. I don't care what you think, its not acceptable.

I agree, ZFGC has a history of silliness, and spam, I'm not here to remove it, I'm here to stop this place from turning into 4chan. We're not 4chan, we're a development web forum focused around Zelda Fan Game development. Part of a community's ideals is to be together, have togetherness, have eliteness, we have that. What needs to stop is the retardedness. I'm saying it plain and blunt, you guys have been entirely out of hand and flat out retarded for the last few weeks, thats what needs to stop.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 07:24:43 pm »
YES. THANKYOU ANDREW.
I was beginning to wonder if this spam in topics was ALWAYS ZFGC...

Dascu

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2007, 07:28:58 pm »
I say we ban Kame. He's clearly trying to justify his own spamming.
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2007, 07:42:01 pm »
  • [sic]
He's clearly trying to justify his own spamming.
Oh, absolutely.
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2007, 07:48:26 pm »
I was expecting a bit more of a reply to what I said. Are you finished? Satisfied with my reply? Or do you have more to say from your point of view?
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2007, 07:51:19 pm »
  • [sic]
Well.. you said you're not here to remove the SPAM and the silliness.. then you said to stop spamming and being retarded.

EDIT: See, like Bboy's post.. you deleted it? Maybe he did, I don't know. But if a mod did, was it really necessary? It was silly, but not spammy or off-topic.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 07:52:50 pm by Piratenkampf! »
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2007, 07:58:50 pm »
Posting pictures of dead babies, posting things in incorrect topics, posting things of such nature is NOT ZFGC's norm. I don't care what you think, its not acceptable.

I agree, ZFGC has a history of silliness, and spam, I'm not here to remove it, I'm here to stop this place from turning into 4chan. We're not 4chan, we're a development web forum focused around Zelda Fan Game development. Part of a community's ideals is to be together, have togetherness, have eliteness, we have that. What needs to stop is the retardedness. I'm saying it plain and blunt, you guys have been entirely out of hand and flat out retarded for the last few weeks, thats what needs to stop.

We're not 4chan since that's based around hentai >.>

What do you mean Zfgc has been flat out retarded for the last few weeks? Could you give examples if you don't mind please?

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2007, 08:02:30 pm »
  • [sic]

We're not 4chan since that's based around hentai >.>

What do you mean Zfgc has been flat out retarded for the last few weeks? Could you give examples if you don't mind please?
He's most likely referring to "dyed my haarrrr" and the whole AoDC=gm112's favorite motm thing. or the childish wars and rather large amount of image macros posted.
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2007, 08:04:42 pm »
Everyone's been douches lately. No one takes anything said seriously anymore.
I don't think I want to be in this kind of environment.
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2007, 08:55:59 pm »
or.. the dead babies, or the other topics that have no relevance to life in general. We're not an image board, we're a web forum. AND yes someone did *post* pictures of dead babies.

Also, deleting who's post?
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2007, 08:58:10 pm »
Someone posted pictures of dead babies?

Holy crap wtf. That's a tad overboard.

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2007, 08:59:34 pm »
  • [sic]
or.. the dead babies, or the other topics that have no relevance to life in general. We're not an image board, we're a web forum. AND yes someone did *post* pictures of dead babies.

Also, deleting who's post?
Bboy94 posted "That's beautiful, man :'D" after Zora's comment. Maybe he deleted it himself.

Anyway, Andrew, you seem to not really know what you want on this issue, except that we not be "retarded". Which is inescapable. After all, this is ZFGC.
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2007, 09:07:09 pm »
ZFGC worked in the past with what you were saying because back then people worked harder than they did now.  The forum had diversions that seemed great because of their polarity with what we really worked on.  For instance, we had games and resources that people put work into and others commented on, and then there were topics that did not add to that purpose but relieved the stress of the place.  However, back then, that is not all that we were, so saying that is what we should be now is overlooking a lot. 

How much of a loser do you have to be to go to an internet forum of only spammy topics or at least like going there?
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2007, 09:12:08 pm »
If only you knew of some of the !@#$% we have had to deal with recently (Yeh, its true even dead babies), most of it is mod'ed before you guys even know about it so you don't really have a leg to stand on.

I could argue an in-depth opposition to your arguments but its really not worth it. Most of the members have made up their own unchangable opinions on the staff even if they were made with only half the facts.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 09:13:55 pm by Infinitus »

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2007, 09:15:54 pm »
  • b e p i s
You guys need to learn something.

Joke topics = not spam.
Meme references = for the most part, not spam.
Smartass replies = not spam.
I LIKE PIE! LOL! = spam.

Let's not get all Gestapo here, boys.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2007, 09:18:09 pm »
  • [sic]
ZFGC worked in the past with what you were saying because back then people worked harder than they did now.  The forum had diversions that seemed great because of their polarity with what we really worked on.  For instance, we had games and resources that people put work into and others commented on, and then there were topics that did not add to that purpose but relieved the stress of the place.  However, back then, that is not all that we were, so saying that is what we should be now is overlooking a lot. 

How much of a loser do you have to be to go to an internet forum of only spammy topics or at least like going there?
Actually, I think it just seemed that way because we had more members and there was a lot more excitement.

And, yeah, I know, Infy, I didn't see the dead babies thing.. (which i am incredibly curious about) but I saw a lot of it.
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2007, 09:19:44 pm »

Joke topics = not spam.
I LIKE PIE! LOL! = spam.

We are aware of that and generally give lieniency to those topics. 99% are left open its only the  1% of retarded topics that we are forced to lock because of the minority of members behaviour. Hell I even left open some of the more offensive joke topics (like the Hyrule_Boy one) but members winge about that to, you guys seem to winge about everything however we do it.

Also the dead baby was in a joke topic that we left open, is that not spam? Should we not have locked it? (Hellwe didn't even do that, we just removed the image and warned the member).

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2007, 09:22:22 pm »
  • [sic]

Joke topics = not spam.
I LIKE PIE! LOL! = spam.

We are aware of that and generally give lieniency to those topics. 99% are left open its only the  1% of retarded topics that we are forced to lock because of the minority of members behaviour. Hell I even left open some of the more offensive joke topics (like the Hyrule_Boy one) but members winge about that to, you guys seem to winge about everything however we do it.

Also the dead baby was in a joke topic that we left open, is that not spam? Should we not have locked it? (Hellwe didn't even do that, we just removed the image and warned the member).
Isn't that just offensive material?

And what about image macros? ;d
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 74 queries.