Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Everything's going to change now, isn't it Harry?  (Read 11132 times)

Re: Everything's going to change now, isn't it H...
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2007, 09:25:02 pm »
You guys need to learn something.

Joke topics = not spam.
Meme references = for the most part, not spam.
Smartass replies = not spam.
I LIKE PIE! LOL! = spam.

Let's not get all Gestapo here, boys.
We are aware of that and generally give lieniency to those topics. 99% are left open its only the  1% of retarded topics that we are forced to lock because of the minority of members behaviour. Hell I even left open some of the more offensive joke topics (like the Hyrule_Boy one) but members winge about that to, you guys seem to winge about everything however we do it.

Also the dead baby was in a joke topic that we left open, is that not spam? Should we not have locked it? (Hellwe didn't even do that, we just removed the image and warned the member).
Isn't that just offensive material?
Yes I was just refering to Knivu's comment that joke topics are not spam, which I can tell you they certainly were in that case.

And what about image macros? ;d
That all good and fine, its just when people go overboard with them.
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2007, 09:25:48 pm »
ZFGC worked in the past with what you were saying because back then people worked harder than they did now.  The forum had diversions that seemed great because of their polarity with what we really worked on.  For instance, we had games and resources that people put work into and others commented on, and then there were topics that did not add to that purpose but relieved the stress of the place.  However, back then, that is not all that we were, so saying that is what we should be now is overlooking a lot. 

How much of a loser do you have to be to go to an internet forum of only spammy topics or at least like going there?
Actually, I think it just seemed that way because we had more members and there was a lot more excitement.

And, yeah, I know, Infy, I didn't see the dead babies thing.. (which i am incredibly curious about) but I saw a lot of it.
Yeah, because we had more members working on more fangames or at least being a part of them by replying to them.  As the number of fangame makers went down, all of those commenters to their topics ran out of things to do, but could not leave because the community was still important to them.  And here we are now.

We had a good balance back then, and the only way we would allow more spammy topics or whatever now is if there was more fangame development.
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2007, 09:27:06 pm »
  • [sic]

Joke topics = not spam.
I LIKE PIE! LOL! = spam.

We are aware of that and generally give lieniency to those topics. 99% are left open its only the  1% of retarded topics that we are forced to lock because of the minority of members behaviour. Hell I even left open some of the more offensive joke topics (like the Hyrule_Boy one) but members winge about that to, you guys seem to winge about everything however we do it.

Also the dead baby was in a joke topic that we left open, is that not spam? Should we not have locked it? (Hellwe didn't even do that, we just removed the image and warned the member).
Isn't that just offensive material?
Yes I was just refering to Knivu's comment that joke topics are not spam, which I can tell you they certainly were in that case.

And what about image macros? ;d
That all good and fine, its just when people go overboard with them.
Well, in this case, this is all good. I mean, nothing besides this had been happening lately, except for the "dyed my harrr" topic, which was doomed to begin with, it's just been happening more than usual.

And 4Sword, that isn't fair. At all.
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2007, 09:29:04 pm »
How so?  If want what was an integral part of our past, then include the other parts into your formula for what we need.  If this forum were more spammy, then eventually it would get boring, and unless you have a short memory span, that gets boring.
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2007, 09:30:12 pm »
I mean, nothing besides this had been happening lately
Thats what you think ;). Again if you could see the staff boards your view would probably be different.
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2007, 09:30:52 pm »
If only you knew of some of the !@#$% we have had to deal with recently (Yeh, its true even dead babies), most of it is mod'ed before you guys even know about it so you don't really have a leg to stand on.

I could argue an in-depth opposition to your arguments but its really not worth it. Most of the members have made up their own unchangable opinions on the staff even if they were made with only half the facts.

Erm, i wasn't doubting andrew, i was just wondering what you guys could think of as retarded and stuff. I don't think anyone here has any unchangeable opinions abiout the staff anymore.

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2007, 09:31:49 pm »
  • [sic]
How so?  If want what was an integral part of our past, then include the other parts into your formula for what we need.  If this forum were more spammy, then eventually it would get boring, and unless you have a short memory span, that gets boring.
I do. =P
But that has nothing to do with anything. The point is, it's not fair to the members to say "If you want to spam, make more fangames!"

I mean, nothing besides this had been happening lately
Thats what you think ;). Again if you could see the staff boards your view would probably be different.
enlighten me. erm, copypaste, i mean.
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2007, 09:31:50 pm »
I think you guys aren't fully understanding me. Its not an issue of me not understanding you, remember I used to fight for ZFGC rights under previous administrators, I'd start the big ol' debates that DJ would have the urges to ban me for, trust me I know where you're coming from.

The main issue is we've lost our purpose, we're half dead in the middle of development of the website, and no one is really developing any need games anymore. We have a few cool contests going on, we have some neat topics/fads that have taken over, but there is nothing, there is no purpose. Why doesn't anyone develop games anymore, or at least finish them. It should be a goal! (Kudo's to the people who have over the last few weeks).

My main goal here is not to gut everyone and take away your abilities to be silly, its just.. a few users are taking it too far, they're intentionally doing !@#$% thats over the top. Is it to test the administration? See how far they can push us? Because they don't care if they're banned? I don't really know, but if you don't want to be here, please don't post here.

There is a lot of life left in the community. The silliness should continue, the amusing meme's should continue too, its just there are a few people who take things a bit over the top as of late, which results in the locking of certain topics.

Everyone on ZFGC should come to have fun, to enjoy themselves, develop games, learn about game development, learn more about Zelda and each other as a community. Our goal is not to grow and become a 'better more welcoming place', people come and go as they please, but we should be able to sustain ourselves, and function without complications like this one here.

I think what I said I should have elaborated on more, and I still think you guys have been retarded lately, don't take offense to it, embrace it.

Those of you who know me, know I'm silly too, you know I shout "PENIS" or "!@#$%" or "!@#$% OR GTFO" at random in the chatroom, you know I'm like that. I'm just saying we need to cut back on the.. thing that is killing our community, which is  dead baby posting, driving topics entirely off topic, and posting !@#$% in the wrong area, to gain attention or try to get banned by annoying the moderation staff. We're all here to have fun, if I wasn't ZFGC wouldn't be running anymore and I would have flipped the switch long ago.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2007, 09:34:39 pm »
  • [sic]
It's not killing the community, it's just becoming more the focus. To be honest, the fangame scene is very boring right now, nothing's happening. Z3 will likely kick some life into it again, but until then, peoplea re staying quiet and being secretive, and so, to fill the time, the members have some fun.

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2007, 09:36:40 pm »
  • b e p i s

Joke topics = not spam.
I LIKE PIE! LOL! = spam.

Yeah, for the most part you guys are alright. But reading Andrew's post made me write that, with no serious offense meant. We will never become 4chan. We don't have to worry about it. 4chan is a different forum with its own history, rules, and traditions, and we will not become like it.

But a lot of the topics that turn into silliness I don't see a problem with, like "dyed my harrrr." The discussion was done, and it evolved into something else. It was just the natural progression of the conversation. It should have been moved to off-topic rather than being locked.

I, and I'm sure many others here, are not on a vendetta against the mods, nor do we really disapprove of their work. Remember, I was one of you guys once.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2007, 09:39:41 pm »
  • [sic]
..exactly. Spamming and stupidity is part of ZFGC. Although I'm really curious to know what it is that you've cleaned up, because you make it sound like Satan (or possibly .TakaM) himself has been loose on the forums.
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2007, 09:42:04 pm »
Like I said before, it is not wrong to have diversions.  However, the only way diversions work is if they exist at the same time as what they are diverting from.  So, do not look at z3 as the savior of this place and that we should spam to pass the time.  That only keeps the two separate.
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2007, 09:42:26 pm »
..exactly. Spamming and stupidity is part of ZFGC. Although I'm really curious to know what it is that you've cleaned up, because you make it sound like Satan (or possibly .TakaM) himself has been loose on the forums.
I over dramatacise, but still some of the !@#$% we have had to deal with is pretty awfull. Not to mention the vendettas (Despite what you say Knivu, some people here really do have them) against staff members, you should see my inbox, full of people complaining about my decisions and those of other staff members >.>.

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2007, 09:43:58 pm »
  • b e p i s
I over dramatacise, but still some of the !@#$% we have had to deal with is pretty awfull. Not to mention the vendettas (Despite what you say Knivu, some people here really do have them) against staff members, you should see my inbox, full of people complaining about my decisions and those of other staff members >.>.

Well, this is the intertubes, and they are serious business.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2007, 09:44:06 pm »
  • [sic]
Like I said before, it is not wrong to have diversions.  However, the only way diversions work is if they exist at the same time as what they are diverting from.  So, do not look at z3 as the savior of this place and that we should spam to pass the time.  That only keeps the two separate.
I'm not saying that, I'm just saying that that's what's happening.

Hire more mods. :P
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2007, 09:46:42 pm »
They hired Limey as a mod.

I'm sure if they really needed more then they would hire more then one.

« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2007, 09:53:39 pm »
Glad everyone read my post.

The focus of ZFGC should be game development, other wise whats our purpose? To sustain ourselves as a community we have to act as a community, which is what you're saying our focus is. If we have no focus, and we just have the community part of ZFGC, why am I paying for it every month? Where is the enjoyment and the productivity for it? Why don't we make a new site, Random Stuff Can be Discussed Here with No Focus at All (rscdhf.com!). You see my point?

I realize its dry right now, but no one is diving in, no one is bringing creativity, no one is stepping up to the plate to try something new. (Well there are a few people, I don't want to sound insulting, OoL, and a few other games that have just been finished). The point is we're missing our key element.

As for being like 4chan, its the little !@#$%, the trolling, that worries me, and ruins it for everyone else. Remember in school when one person would do something and everyone would get punished for it (aka zfgc.org being advertised in a silly pointless annoying way to 'revolt' against 'zfgc.com' -- removing all advertisements from the website?) That kind of thing.. Thats what annoys me, not the silliness, not the stupidity, not the retardation, being an asshat is what does it for me.

We're all here to have fun, we should have fun, make games, talk about life, talk about girlfriends/boyfriends, school, family, random memes. Its just when the line gets crossed things like this happen, and we all get pissed at each other. I also sometimes have a tendency to not fully explain things the first time around.

How about we make new rules. Rule #1 - Don't be an ass hat. Rule #2 Have fun. Rule #3 Enjoy Fan Games (These rules wont actually be applied, they'd just be ideal.).

(Hiring mod's on ZFGC is like getting a permit to build a building. Everyone has an opinion on a person, they have to be nominated, they can't just be hired, or else everyone gets pissed off (at me), and they have a majority 'vote' of 'acceptance'. Limey was a mod in the past, pushing him through was easy, and I had no complaints on 'we don't need any more mods!'. In my opinion we can never have enough mods.).  PS Mods: I love you, don't take my rant the wrong way, and your order of operations will remain the same, :p
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 09:56:49 pm by Andrew »
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2007, 09:54:42 pm »
  • Formerly P_C_G
Well i know that i dont post much but i agree with the mods the forums (for me) have gotten incredibly boring which is one of the reasons I dont post as often. Back in the day i would get on zfgc and be excited, but now its full of random !@#$% all i have to look forward to is the zfgc style and a couple of community speak topics.
Edit: I love that c/r/a/p is censored it makes me sound like a hard ass when my post says "random !@#$%" lol
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 10:00:35 pm by P_C_G »
I am not new i just poke my head in from time to time
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2007, 09:59:56 pm »
Glad everyone read my post.

The focus of ZFGC should be game development, other wise whats our purpose? To sustain ourselves as a community we have to act as a community, which is what you're saying our focus is. If we have no focus, and we just have the community part of ZFGC, why am I paying for it every month? Where is the enjoyment and the productivity for it? Why don't we make a new site, Random Stuff Can be Discussed Here with No Focus at All (rscdhf.com!). You see my point?

I realize its dry right now, but no one is diving in, no one is bringing creativity, no one is stepping up to the plate to try something new. (Well there are a few people, I don't want to sound insulting, OoL, and a few other games that have just been finished). The point is we're missing our key element.

As for being like 4chan, its the little !@#$%, the trolling, that worries me, and ruins it for everyone else. Remember in school when one person would do something and everyone would get punished for it (aka zfgc.org being advertised in a silly pointless annoying way to 'revolt' against 'zfgc.com' -- removing all advertisements from the website?) That kind of thing.. Thats what annoys me, not the silliness, not the stupidity, not the retardation, being an asshat is what does it for me.

We're all here to have fun, we should have fun, make games, talk about life, talk about girlfriends/boyfriends, school, family, random memes. Its just when the line gets crossed things like this happen, and we all get pissed at each other. I also sometimes have a tendency to not fully explain things the first time around.

How about we make new rules. Rule #1 - Don't be an ass hat. Rule #2 Have fun. Rule #3 Enjoy Fan Games (These rules wont actually be applied, they'd just be ideal.).

(Hiring mod's on ZFGC is like getting a permit to build a building. Everyone has an opinion on a person, they have to be nominated, they can't just be hired, or else everyone gets pissed off (at me), and they have a majority 'vote' of 'acceptance'. Limey was a mod in the past, pushing him through was easy, and I had no complaints on 'we don't need any more mods!'. In my opinion we can never have enough mods.).  PS Mods: I love you, don't take my rant the wrong way, and your order of operations will remain the same, :p

Ahh i see. That makes a lot more sense.

Thank you for clarifying.

« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2007, 10:00:11 pm »
  • [sic]
In that case.. I don't think we have anything to worry about.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 74 queries.