Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Haven't we been over this?  (Read 9690 times)

Haven't we been over this?
« on: April 12, 2008, 02:08:41 am »
  • I murder your toys as well
Post Count.
In the spam forum. Why doesn't it count?

Post Count is not a respect meter. Look at Hyrule_Boy, he's got 5000+ posts and he's hardly respected (sorry buddy).

I want to know how many posts I've made in TOTAL, god damnit. I don't give seven northward shits whether they were helpful or had thought put into them.

Last time I brought this up, everybody agreed with me, and we changed it.. Yet now, it's back like it was before.

This user is on indefinite hiatus.
  • Facebook - Jeremy Elliott

ali

Re: Haven't we been over this?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 02:11:28 am »
I agree with you, I mean it's post count it shouldn't matter where the posts are being made
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 02:14:58 am »
I agree with you, I mean it's post count it shouldn't matter where the posts are being made

Exactly. It's "POST COUNT", not "Constructive Post Count"

EDIT: Below me, 4Sword is typing a wall o' text about why this ridiculous thing continues.
EDIT 2: No, not quite a wall.. But more of a labyrinth of grammatical wizardry, to try to confuse me into agreeing. You lose.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 02:22:04 am by Lunar »

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2008, 02:19:28 am »
The way the current system is set up is that according to the community rules and regulations a post must be elaborated on and have some reasonable content.  We want to encourage better posting, and as such, posts with none of those aforementioned qualifications will be counted as such.  I like to think of a post count like a library.  Rather than count the number of books in the library, the content of each of the books should determine if it really qualifies as being a book.  In the same way, a post is not really a post if it has no content.  We allow these "books" to be "shelved", just not "chronicled" - this is a compromise really.
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2008, 02:21:08 am »
In the same way, a post is not really a post if it has no content.
!@#$%.

This one line destroys your entire ridiculous argument.

When I click "Post", it's a post. Whether it's one letter or a thousand.

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2008, 02:22:55 am »
I actually have to click "Reply", what theme are you using?

ali

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2008, 02:24:25 am »
Stop being an !@#$% >_>
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2008, 02:24:35 am »

I use quick reply, typically.

Three buttons.. "Post" "Preview" "Spell Check".

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2008, 02:25:44 am »
Stupid posts should never get rewarded.
So give me you're code and add mine:
Code: 4296-2644-3642

Sorry guys.  I just don't have the time anymore for the CP.  Working two jobs and just having a couple hours to play my Wii and continue learning programming just is not leaving me free time to focus on the CP.  I feel that it's my obligation to step aside as Level Director.  It's just a time issue.  Since I am also a global mod that also takes some of my focus from the CP.  So, it's nothing against anybody or what not, I'm just out of time anymore it seems.  Sorry again.
wtf, i remember posts that used to have content explaining reasons rather than ways to get rises out of users with a youtube video and no reason as to why!

How to post maturely:
epic intolerance, I caught aids from the stupidity in your post

why not issue everyone 5 opinion tokens for each year, if they voice their opinion without presenting a token- they can be legally murdered
Make sure every post you make is mature like these two (and there's many more). You just can't beat ZFGC's friendliness and maturity!
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2008, 02:26:38 am »

Post Count isn't a reward, god damn..

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2008, 02:27:53 am »

Coming from the user who requested I change his post count to '1337'. I find it hard to believe post counts don't 'matter'.

Since spam is a HIDDEN board, posts are not counted, since they cannot be seen by all. -- Posts are also not counted in staff/administrative boards. If they were I'd have about 1500 more posts than I do now.

Then again I may be entirely wrong, as I was informed earlier 'didn't you leave, or something?'.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2008, 02:29:54 am »

If it wasn't important you wouldn't be bitching about it. If it is important than stupid posts shouldn't increment it.

Sorry guys.  I just don't have the time anymore for the CP.  Working two jobs and just having a couple hours to play my Wii and continue learning programming just is not leaving me free time to focus on the CP.  I feel that it's my obligation to step aside as Level Director.  It's just a time issue.  Since I am also a global mod that also takes some of my focus from the CP.  So, it's nothing against anybody or what not, I'm just out of time anymore it seems.  Sorry again.
wtf, i remember posts that used to have content explaining reasons rather than ways to get rises out of users with a youtube video and no reason as to why!

How to post maturely:

why not issue everyone 5 opinion tokens for each year, if they voice their opinion without presenting a token- they can be legally murdered
Make sure every post you make is mature like these two (and there's many more). You just can't beat ZFGC's friendliness and maturity!

ali

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2008, 02:33:05 am »

If it wasn't important you wouldn't be bitching about it. If it is important than stupid posts shouldn't increment it.
Stop riding the staffs asses

Coming from the user who requested I change his post count to '1337'. I find it hard to believe post counts don't 'matter'.
That was for fun, and I didn't say the posts don't matter I said it shouldn't matter where they are being made.
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2008, 02:34:02 am »

Since spam is a HIDDEN board, posts are not counted, since they cannot be seen by all. -- Posts are also not counted in staff/administrative boards. If they were I'd have about 1500 more posts than I do now.

At least one reasonable person.. That makes at least partial sense. Although, I don't see why they still shouldn't count. I don't care if other people see my post count, I just personally would like to know how many I've made.

Also, I came back a couple days ago. :P Feel free to ban me again in a month or too, just to keep things moving nicely.

... You obviously haven't even read my reasoning behind this.

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2008, 02:37:51 am »
If this really was directed to me I don't know what you're talking about at all.

How to post maturely:

ali

« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2008, 02:41:15 am »
If this really was directed to me I don't know what you're talking about at all.
That should explain a lot, if you came into this topic to argue you should probably leave as it is not your choice it is an admins. This topic is to convince them if you don't want spam posts counted then make another topic.
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2008, 02:42:04 am »
  • Super Hero Time!

It was clearly obvious that it was directed towards you. There is nobody else in here riding the staff's asses.

Anyways, brb posting.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2008, 02:42:36 am »

At least one reasonable person.. That makes at least partial sense. Although, I don't see why they still shouldn't count. I don't care if other people see my post count, I just personally would like to know how many I've made.

Also, I came back a couple days ago. :P Feel free to ban me again in a month or too, just to keep things moving nicely.

... You obviously haven't even read my reasoning behind this.

Meh I resigned anyway.

Just trying to clear up the logic we used. -- I'll make a post in the mod boards about it to at least see some discussion stimulated. You have valid points though. However Ali has none, since he was just trying to get me to change his to say 1337 *glares*.

We've got no reason to ban you anyway. I don't have intentions of it, but I can't speak for all.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100

ali

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2008, 02:44:22 am »
YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO THE "leet" THING >_>!!
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2008, 02:45:15 am »
Thanks Andrew, glad to see somebody still has some sense around here. :)

You said you resigned? It still says you're admin to me.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 74 queries.