Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Haven't we been over this?  (Read 9688 times)

Re: Haven't we been over this?
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2008, 02:48:07 am »
  • ๏̯͡๏﴿
Stupid posts should never get rewarded.

Post Count isn't a reward, god damn..
Sora who honestle cares they aren't rewards like Lunar says posts should be added even on spam, as like Lunar i'd like to know how many i've made.
Re: Haven't we been over this? (NO POSTING!)
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2008, 02:48:22 am »
Stop riding the staffs asses
If this really was directed to me I don't know what you're talking about at all.
If it wasn't important you wouldn't be bitching about it. If it is important than stupid posts shouldn't increment it.
That should explain a lot, if you came into this topic to argue you should probably leave as it is not your choice it is an admins. This topic is to convince them if you don't want spam posts counted then make another topic.
Oh, forgive me. I didn't notice I hacked into a staff only board where I had no right to post. I'll quietly leave now since I am not allowed to discuss this in a topic that was made for discussion.

I don't see admin or mod on your title, so don't go telling me where I can and can't post. also, by your logic than you shouldn't be riding the staff's asses about making them count, should you?
So give me you're code and add mine:
Code: 4296-2644-3642

Sorry guys.  I just don't have the time anymore for the CP.  Working two jobs and just having a couple hours to play my Wii and continue learning programming just is not leaving me free time to focus on the CP.  I feel that it's my obligation to step aside as Level Director.  It's just a time issue.  Since I am also a global mod that also takes some of my focus from the CP.  So, it's nothing against anybody or what not, I'm just out of time anymore it seems.  Sorry again.
wtf, i remember posts that used to have content explaining reasons rather than ways to get rises out of users with a youtube video and no reason as to why!

How to post maturely:
epic intolerance, I caught aids from the stupidity in your post

why not issue everyone 5 opinion tokens for each year, if they voice their opinion without presenting a token- they can be legally murdered
Make sure every post you make is mature like these two (and there's many more). You just can't beat ZFGC's friendliness and maturity!
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2008, 02:49:36 am »
Too many members are obsessed with post counts and stuff for that to happen and not be abused.  However, I agree that it might be nice to see how many total posts you've made, (post counts are pointless as far as I'm concerned, but I suppose I'd be curious to see how many I've made altogether). 

Maybe a separate post count that includes all posts accessible only from the "User Stats" part of our own profiles.  That way members wouldn't start making useless post outside of the Spam forum, but we'd still be able to see our total post count without others being able to, (thus eliminating the problem of including posts from the Spam! board...maybe?).

It honestly seems like a lot of trouble for something so insignificant, (maybe it'd be easy, I don't know as I have no experience with site development), but I'm going to assume it's probably possible to do. I guess I don't really care either way, but I'm assuming there are more important things to work on.  Meh, I dunno, those are just my thoughts.
You rich !@#$%. I wish I could afford AIDs.
Payback's a !@#$% :P BTW Mamoruanime was here
  • [my deviantART gallery]
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2008, 02:50:44 am »
  • I murder your toys as well
Of course it's useless, it's ENTIRELY useless. But if it's going to be used, it should be used right.

This user is on indefinite hiatus.
  • Facebook - Jeremy Elliott

ali

Re: Haven't we been over this? (NO POSTING!)
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2008, 02:51:37 am »
If this really was directed to me I don't know what you're talking about at all.
If it wasn't important you wouldn't be bitching about it. If it is important than stupid posts shouldn't increment it.
That should explain a lot, if you came into this topic to argue you should probably leave as it is not your choice it is an admins. This topic is to convince them if you don't want spam posts counted then make another topic.
Oh, forgive me. I didn't notice I hacked into a staff only board where I had no right to post. I'll quietly leave now since I am not allowed to discuss this in a topic that was made for discussion.

I don't see admin or mod on your title, so don't go telling me where I can and can't post. also, by your logic than you shouldn't be riding the staff's asses about making them count, should you?
Apology Accepted
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2008, 02:52:20 am »

Apology Accepted

I lol'd. Poor Sora.  8)

« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2008, 02:59:35 am »
Oh, something else I forgot to mention.  If spam was posted in a board other than Spam, the idealistic response by moderation would be its deletion due to it not conforming to the community rules.  This process would be best described for the post count as being incremented by one and then decreased by one resulting in zero.  Technically, a post count by your definition is how many times you posted, but how come deleting a post removes from that count?  In my opinion, since in Spam the posts are allowed to not be deleted as they are given a place to exist and since if they were not there your post count would not be incremented by posting them, not incrementing the post count is acceptable due to the visibility of their existence.
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2008, 03:00:40 am »
Oh, something else I forgot to mention.  If spam was posted in a board other than Spam, the idealistic response by moderation would be its deletion due to it not conforming to the community rules.  This would process would be best described for the post count as being incremented by one and then decreased by one resulting in zero.  Technically, a post count by your definition is how many times you posted, but how come deleting a post removes from that count?  In my opinion, since in Spam the posts are allowed to not be deleted as they are given a place to exist and since if they were not there your post count would not be incremented by posting them, not incrementing the post count is acceptable due to the visibility of their existence.

Oh please, how you even managed to find that mangled logic is beyond me.

I've got a nice metaphor in the works for what you just said, give me a bit to refine it.

« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2008, 03:03:37 am »
If you make a post and it is deleted, should your post count be decreased by one?  You still technically posted.  I think my logic is fine.  I want to know why you think it is mangled.
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2008, 03:08:21 am »
If you make a post and it is deleted, should your post count be decreased by one?  You still technically posted.  I think my logic is fine.  I want to know why you think it is mangled.
Yeah, your post makes since. His are the ones that always have WTF logic in them. I say we just delete post counts all together. People should just see the name and avatar.

Sorry guys.  I just don't have the time anymore for the CP.  Working two jobs and just having a couple hours to play my Wii and continue learning programming just is not leaving me free time to focus on the CP.  I feel that it's my obligation to step aside as Level Director.  It's just a time issue.  Since I am also a global mod that also takes some of my focus from the CP.  So, it's nothing against anybody or what not, I'm just out of time anymore it seems.  Sorry again.
wtf, i remember posts that used to have content explaining reasons rather than ways to get rises out of users with a youtube video and no reason as to why!

How to post maturely:

why not issue everyone 5 opinion tokens for each year, if they voice their opinion without presenting a token- they can be legally murdered
Make sure every post you make is mature like these two (and there's many more). You just can't beat ZFGC's friendliness and maturity!
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2008, 03:11:14 am »
Fine, I'll refute your petty argument.

You're saying that if a post in Spam was made anywhere else, it would be deleted and post count would drop. That makes sense.

But if I posted a topic about StarCraft II in community speak, and whether by accident or purpose it was deleted instead of moved to the Gaming forum, and the post count was dropped, it would be the exact same issue.

Posting a spam topic in Community Speak, which was moved to Spam would be fine, and the post could should could there because that is the ONLY PURPOSE of that forum.

Just like the gaming board's ONLY PURPOSE is to contain topics on the subject of gaming.

Would you agree with this statement?
Quote from: Not 4Sword
Oh, something else I forgot to mention.  If gaming was posted in a board other than gaming, the idealistic response by moderation would be its deletion due to it not conforming to the community rules.  This would process would be best described for the post count as being incremented by one and then decreased by one resulting in zero.  Technically, a post count by your definition is how many times you posted, but how come deleting a post removes from that count?  In my opinion, since in gaming the posts are allowed to not be deleted as they are given a place to exist and since if they were not there your post count would not be incremented by posting them, not incrementing the post count is acceptable due to the visibility of their existence.

I rest my !@#$% case.

« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2008, 03:18:45 am »
  • w00t
Let's make it simple.  At ZFGC, our "post count" actually means "useful post count" but the text was never changed.  It's just the way we do things, and it's probably not going to change.  Sorry Lunar.
What do you mean I need a life?  =P  Hm... Lives... Isn't that something that you get in Super Mario Bros?  You know, those green mushrooms?  That's a life, right?

My one and only fangame, Link Maze, may be viewed at http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.0
  • Link Maze - Zelda mini fangame
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2008, 03:20:14 am »
You could always make your own forums and do whatever you want with the post count.

How to post maturely:

« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2008, 03:22:12 am »
Let's make it simple.  At ZFGC, our "post count" actually means "useful post count" but the text was never changed.  It's just the way we do things, and it's probably not going to change.  Sorry Lunar.

:(

« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2008, 03:31:28 am »
  • Super Hero Time!
You could always make your own forums and do whatever you want with the post count.

You could always get off the staff's nuts and think for yourself and have free will.

You could start off by ignoring this post, although that would make this post worthless wouldn't it?

So would that be SPAM?
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.

ali

« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2008, 03:31:45 am »
Why don't you do that and tell me how it works out
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2008, 03:34:15 am »
Before I continue with this post I'd like to clarify that I'm not taking sides here because, as I said before, I honestly don't care one way or the other. This topic seems kind of pointless at this point, basically everything that's needs to be covered has been said for both sides of the argument already, and it is now more or less a pissing contest.  As far as I'm concerned it should be locked and be moved to the Staff board at this point to prevent further squabbling.

Having said that, I must point out that many of my posts within the Spam! board are coherent, on topic, informative, and well thought out -- I've even started topic within Spam! that by all means belong in the regular boards, (just for the hell of it I guess).  Anyway, my point is that not all posts within that board could be classified as being useless.  Granted, the overwhelming majority of the posts are useless and many of those that are in fact useful are there due to the board being used in ways it was not intended for, (for instance, the serious topics that I've posted there), but still my point remains.

Again, I'm not taking sides as I don't really care, I just wanted to make a point I guess.
You rich !@#$%. I wish I could afford AIDs.
Payback's a !@#$% :P BTW Mamoruanime was here
  • [my deviantART gallery]
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2008, 03:35:30 am »

You could always get off the staff's nuts and think for yourself and have free will.

XD!! you make me laugh, I am not taking side on this but basically because he agree with a mod he doesn't have free will? haha.
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2008, 03:36:58 am »
  • Super Hero Time!

XD!! you make me laugh, I am not taking side on this but basically because he agree with a mod he doesn't have free will? haha.

Maybe I should have worded that differently, I'll admit that, but you get my point.

And I'm glad I amuse you.

Edit:

You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little !@#$% up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to fuckin' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?

Had to do that ;D I love you Kren.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2008, 03:40:01 am »
Why don't you do that and tell me how it works out
http://sora.phppoll.org/Forums/index.php

How to post maturely:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 90 queries.

anything