Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mods need more power...  (Read 2323 times)

Mods need more power...
« on: June 24, 2006, 08:07:59 pm »
I think the mods need more power.

My reasoning is, everytime I ask a mod to do something, or tell them about a problem, they tell me they don't have the power to do that and re-direct me telling me to PM Alex2539 about it.

Ok, but when ever I do that, I get no reply back from Alex, and nothing gets done about the issue.

I think all the mods can be trusted enough to be given a little more power... >_> ZFGC needs this.
Re: Mods need more power...
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2006, 08:14:32 pm »
What "power"s?
  • Google Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2006, 08:16:34 pm »
Could you give some examples (at least one) of one of these isntances? We have a fair amount of power as it is, so I kinda wanna know what exactly the problem was that couldn't be solved by a mod.
We may be human. But we're still animals.
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2006, 08:21:49 pm »
Well I dont need more "power" I just like the FOUR Admins we have to be a little more active.
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2006, 08:59:36 pm »
  • Huzzowee!
First off, you only PM'ed me late last night. You can't expect instant responses. Now, since you've made this public, I'll respond in a public manner:

What do you mean by "Mods need more power?". In that message you COMPLAINED about the mods' power. You whined about their ability to post in locked topics by saying "Sol was allowed to get his opinion in after the lock, why the !@#$% can't I?". If anything that sounds to me like an attack on their power. So really, what is it that you want? I get the feeling that all you want is my attention.

Now then, as to why Sol can post his opinion and you can't - long story short, because he's a mod. Moderators were chosen because they were deemed as being responsible enough to carry their responsibility. Yeah, I know they slip every now and then, but they're human. Right now they seem to be carrying their responsibility well. As moderators, they are granted certain privileges which they use to try and keep the forum in order. If they occasionally use them personally, then if it's appropriate there's no real harm. Take that post Sol made. The topic was locked, correct? Now, a topic is generally locked in order to cease further posting, is it not? Like if a moderator believes that it will break out into a flame war or if it's just spam outside the Spam board, they will lock it. In the case of the topic you were complaining about, AoDC locked it because he saw it as being a bad topic which would incite flaming. It was not, as you claimed, for personal reasons. I agree with AoDC. The information presented, be it valid or not, was obviously written by either the topic creator himself or some other incredible source. There was no real debate about the topic, just some people getting angry about ignorance and a flame war was bound to start up. AoDC saw that, posessing the good judgement we assumed he had when we appointed him as moderator, and locked the topic. Sol was typing (just as you said you were) while it was being locked. He posted his after the lock because he is able to do that, whereas you could not post yours. This obviously made it angry that Sol seemingly "abused" his power. But now, let's look back at why the moderators were chosen: for their maturity, responsibility and judgment, correct? Now let's look at why the topic was locked: immature posts would have caused an undesirable flame war. Now then, if the topic was locked due to immaturity, then why should someone, whose position is somewhat proof of their trustworthiness and maturity, be penalized for responding in a mature and orderly way. If the topic had been long locked and gravedug, or if the response  had been just as bad as the rest in the topic then yeah, action would have been taken. But it wasn't. He wound up making a post better than any other in that thread. All in all, Sol used his extra privileges in a totally reasonable way.

Now then, if we want to get unreasonable we can start with the second thread that you started. First and foremost, you are not allowed to post about a locked topic. If you have a problem, bring it up privately with the Mod who locked it. You should have talked to AoDC about the lock. And although you did do the right thing by complaining to me about Sol's actions, you completely lowered yourself in the creation of this and your previous topic, not to mention your constant cursing which does nothing but help demonstrate your lack of maturity and disability speak in a reasonable tone. Your impatience and immaturity are fine examples as to the opposite of how a member should take up problems.

And finally, in your PM, you asked where it was that you insulted a moderator. Let's see...
OMG U NAZI LAWL
You first disguise an insult as a joke. And yes, I consider anyone being called a Nazi as insulting.
You are un-educated on the subject and yet still state your opinion. I understand because most of you are 10 year olds who still think the world is perfect and wouldn't know the half of the millions of government scandals.
You then question their knowledge and lower them to 10 year-old status.
Sorry if I offended anyone, but you were acting ignorant, I'm just prooving that.
Finally, you bluntly call them ignorant.

If you have a problem with a mod's action, you bring it up with that mod. If you have a problem with a mod himself, you bring it up with me. If you have a problem with me, you tell me. Don't go out making trouble with topics and flaming posts.

This topic is hereby locked.
"They say 'Don't sweat the little things!', but in the end, the little things are all that matter..."
--Alex2539
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 45 queries.