Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Unfriendly Rules  (Read 7416 times)

Unfriendly Rules
« on: October 21, 2006, 12:51:54 am »
  • Issac_Amisov
You know how somebody says their leaving for good, only to come back 30 seconds later? Well, I think I'll stop that right about NOW.

Starting today, anyone who makes a topic stating that they're leaving for "good", their account will be frozen for 60 (SIXTY) days. After that, I really don't care if you come back or not. This is to stop "attention get" from happening 24/7. Unless your post says something like "Leaving for a week because of vacation" or something like that, prepare for freezing.

My moderators have complete authority when it comes to freezing your accounts, so don't think it won't happen because I'm not on. Have fun and stay breezy, don't get hit by any buses and don't take candy from strangers.

Whats that about? Why should someones account be frozen for 60 days just because they decide to leave. We should always be friendly with people, and if they decide to come back they should be welcome with open arms

I don't understand why this rule has been put in place, and I think its stupid. I have support from a few people.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2006, 12:55:19 am by Issac_Amisov »
Re: Unfriendly Rules
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2006, 12:55:49 am »
  • I murder your toys as well
I second this notion.

This user is on indefinite hiatus.
  • Facebook - Jeremy Elliott
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2006, 12:59:22 am »
You are right in that, since people might say, "I am leaving for some time because of house problems i don't know when i will return" since he will be inactive for a undeterminated time, how will people know that he was back before 60 days? I do say that the rule should be like this "If you leave for good AND return in less than 60 days your account will be frozen for those 60 days" Eventhough I say that this rule was good, after thinking I realized that it is stupid.
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2006, 01:00:36 am »
I third this notion, ZFGC is becoming waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to strict, relax, just don't read the topics if they bother you.
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2006, 01:01:26 am »
  • =/
 Instead of totally throwing out the rule, we could always optomize it. I agree that people should be able to leave and come back after a while but I don't agree on them coming back a day later.

Optomizing it from 60 days to let us say 2 weeks would be a good compromise.
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2006, 01:01:55 am »
That would add up to 120 days, Kren. Thats a long time to be banned, for such a miniscule offense.

aab

^ Evolved from a Hobbit
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2006, 01:10:21 am »
60 days is a long time.
What with people like Possum coming and going, would there be exceptions for him and his lovelable + colourfull yoyo-impersonations?

Once again, 60 days is a long time.
This rule is aimed at threatening a type of user, but negatively affects users outwith that set.
Not good.

Most rules do in some way, compromise in this way, but this one is worse than the one at school that says you have to stay in for all 3 hours of an exam you finish in 32 minutes; It's unreasonable to anticipatable and even common cases.

Why not warn about, ban on instance of returning for a 5 day period if someone leaves and comes back a week later in an attention grabbing way?
Use and judge as a team and as a community, to the best of your ability, wether such actions are done for one reason or another.
Talk, MSN, pm's.

Its harder.
It takes longer.
It involves thinking.

But its Better for everyone.

I ♥ Sol
.... I ♥ Sol ? wtf how long has that been there? >_> *rrrrrrrrar*
  • MySpace
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2006, 01:11:23 am »
I agree with you 100%, aab.

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2006, 01:12:19 am »
Possum hasn't come back what are you talking about?
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2006, 01:12:49 am »
I second this notion.
which notion?
and it sounds like a good rule to me, if you really planned on leaving for good- no harm is done, but if you said you were leaving only to gain attention it saves us all the headaches

I mean, if youre not sure you want to leave forever, dont say 'forever' and you avoid getting frozen :-\
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2006, 01:14:31 am »
  • Issac_Amisov
Instead of totally throwing out the rule, we could always optomize it. I agree that people should be able to leave and come back after a while but I don't agree on them coming back a day later.

Optomizing it from 60 days to let us say 2 weeks would be a good compromise.
I think 2 weeks would work better than 2 MONTHS

But still, I think too have much of a restriction is very unfriendly, saying "You can't come back until this time, We won't allow it" Doesn't really want people to come back if they left, and we're wondering if they would be welcomed again in coming back.

I agree with you 100%, aab.
Same.
I second this notion.
which notion?
and it sounds like a good rule to me, if you really planned on leaving for good- no harm is done, but if you said you were leaving only to gain attention it saves us all the headaches

I mean, if youre not sure you want to leave forever, dont say 'forever' and you avoid getting frozen :-\
Come on. You can't handle a couple people coming and going? Just ignore the topics if your bothered by them.
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2006, 01:18:51 am »
why ignore them when this rule prevents it from happening?
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2006, 01:19:13 am »
Well, there Is a really easy way to not get the 60 days freeze, just dont post about you leaving, that is what possum should do. Apart from that, i am sure this rule will only affect from 0 to 25% of people in ZFGC which might be accepted after telling a mod some good reasons why they left and returned in less than 60 days.
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2006, 01:21:16 am »
  • Issac_Amisov
Meh. I think it's a stupid rule and should be lessened to two weeks or removed... >__>

I have support from quite a few people.
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2006, 01:21:58 am »
i think you guys are forgetting you have to say something like
"Im sick of this place, Im never coming back again"
freezing this person for 60 days is no loss
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2006, 01:23:04 am »
  • Issac_Amisov
What's the point of freezing them, if there not coming back. You just proved to yourself that the rule is useless.

I win. kthnxbai^_^!
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2006, 01:25:09 am »
What's the point of freezing them, if there not coming back. You just proved to yourself that the rule is useless.

I win. kthnxbai^_^!
But some people return with another name, so it is useful, and that is just a prevention is not affecting you Issac_Amisov.
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2006, 01:26:03 am »

I win. kthnxbai^_^!
-____________________________________-;
no, infact Ive already said this but I guess I shouldve expected I'd need to repeat myself considering thats all youve done.
if they truely arent coming back then there is no loss
but if they intended on coming back after a few days of people begging them we saved ourselves from these annoying drama queens for 60 days

aab

^ Evolved from a Hobbit
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2006, 01:41:04 am »
What i have said, is that such people would be banned for their general behavouir.
I've already explained the shortcomings of this quick fix, lazy rule.

Possum hasn't come back what are you talking about?
Proof by counter example hmm?
Hypothesis?

Well, there Is a really easy way to not get the 60 days freeze, just dont post about you leaving, that is what possum should do. Apart from that, i am sure this rule will only affect from 0 to 25% of people in ZFGC which might be accepted after telling a mod some good reasons why they left and returned in less than 60 days.
If someone is leaving for legitemate reasons they should be allowed such a topic, and under circumstance could be back sooner than expected.
'good' users shouldnt have to be questioned, held up and threatened by mods and the system. 'Bad' users should.

I win. kthnxbai^_^!
But some people return with another name, so it is useful, and that is just a prevention is not affecting you Issac_Amisov.
There are systems designed to prevent this, and they work for the most part.

Consider people with serious issues in their life, or people with social concerns, depression, deaths, or people who've had bad influence from one member or two, or maybe ones enough and it causes them to think everyones against them because of the strengths of their emotions.

Not everyone sit's and screen's what they post, and hell, it can be bad to do so anyway - Am i me? Do i not fix up my language, read sources of information, correct spelling (well, i dont), and spend longer writing something than i could really respond in real life through my mouth?

In a difficult state, some intelligent, or ethical or caring or influencial or just plan NICE member might just indirectly spill some REAL EMOTION, and do they have to come begging back, be interviewed and questioned, prohibited, punished?

Or do they get, a second chance, from a community who give a damn !! ?

And then theres the other possibility... "I've been banned.. rejected.. they really didn't like me ..."

Just think...

« Last Edit: October 21, 2006, 01:43:44 am by aab »

I ♥ Sol
.... I ♥ Sol ? wtf how long has that been there? >_> *rrrrrrrrar*
  • MySpace
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2006, 01:46:23 am »
if you have a legitimate reason for leaving youre most likely not planning on leaving forever.

99% of all 'permanently leaving' topics are because of small stupid drama issues that we'd be better off without
eg:
Im leaving because Im dying in 80 days
Im leaving because my cult told me to
Im leaving because everyone managed to hate me after 16 posts
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 74 queries.

anything