Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Unfriendly Rules  (Read 7414 times)

Re: Unfriendly Rules
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2006, 02:50:47 am »
Well, 2 months is a tad harse. Maybe a few weeks so they dont' come back after two days and go "lawl i'm back, wut i miss"

It's good to see you may be more into forum management vash. Good luck on your GED scores. Good thing you didn't keep putting it off like i kept doing.

« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2006, 02:53:13 am »
  • Issac_Amisov
Well, 2 months is a tad harse. Maybe a few weeks so they dont' come back after two days and go "lawl i'm back, wut i miss"
I 100% agree with that. I think it should be shortened to that, just to control the people going "Hehe. back for teh 907845 time!"
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2006, 02:53:37 am »

It's good to see you may be more into forum management vash. Good luck on your GED scores. Good thing you didn't keep putting it off like i kept doing.
How about a month?! It is not a few but neither alot.
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2006, 02:55:07 am »

How about a month?! It is not a few but neither alot.

A month is also a good option. atleast it's not for half a year.

« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2006, 02:57:29 am »
  • Issac_Amisov
What about 2 weeks? I think thats long enough :S
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2006, 02:59:17 am »
What about 2 weeks? I think thats long enough :S

What about 3 weeks. That's only a week longer then 2 weeks.

And 4 weeks is only 2 weeks longer then the 2 week suggestion.

« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2006, 03:00:27 am »
  • Issac_Amisov
Fine. 3 weeks. thats a good compromise.

Admins, and mods? What do you think of 3 weeks instead of 2 months?
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2006, 03:07:39 am »
So you are telling me that a person who says that they are going to leave forever should be allowed to return in two weeks, three weeks, or a month?  Two months sounds harsh because harsh is what it is supposed to be.  It is a strong deterrent of an overused and abused publicity stunt that needed to be stopped.  This rule only applies to people who say they are going to leave forever, so if you are not going to, do not worry about it.  Honestly, the only argument that you guys are giving to change the rule is that some people who say they are going to leave forever want to come back, and we should let them come back sooner.
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2006, 03:09:13 am »
  • Issac_Amisov
Well, what if someone changes their mind... >__> Then their not allowed to come back? That seems awfully cold to me.
« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2006, 03:18:43 am »
What are you talking about?  Of course they can come back, they just have to wait a while.  If they did not want to wait, then they should have thought about what they posted.  It does not seem fair, but it is and it is also better for the community.
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2006, 03:19:56 am »
  • Issac_Amisov
Thats why they should wait for about 3 weeks because 2 months is just too long.
« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2006, 03:23:36 am »
I would say that leaving this place would be a big decision, and as such should be considered a big deal.  What the rule says is that if you are going to say you are leaving forever, then you should be able to at least be away from this place for two months.  Three weeks would just be too short.  What would be really unfair is if perma-bans were enstilled.
« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2006, 03:26:21 am »
  • Issac_Amisov
I would say that leaving this place would be a big decision, and as such should be considered a big deal.  What the rule says is that if you are going to say you are leaving forever, then you should be able to at least be away from this place for two months.  Three weeks would just be too short.  What would be really unfair is if perma-bans were enstilled.
CIRCLE PIT!!!
On the other hand... I'm been thinking and 2 months is actually I really long time. It seems like quite a while since the summer (which is 2 months ago) And wow, if I was gone off zfgc that entire time, just because I made a bad choice? Wow I would be pissed at them. And I probably would'int think of coming back, if they won't let me come back... >___>

Say possum decides that preacher guy was an idiot, then he can't come back? How fair is that for him?
« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2006, 03:27:11 am »
It'll teach members to be more mature, leaving shouldn't be taken so lightly IMO
Half of you are addicted to this place anyway, consider it helping you getting off your addiction >_>
« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2006, 03:29:25 am »
  • Issac_Amisov
It'll teach members to be more mature, leaving shouldn't be taken so lightly IMO
Half of you are addicted to this place anyway, consider it helping you getting off your addiction >_>
True, but... I am thinking in the case of possum, I mean... what if I get hypnotized or something and I have to post a leaving topic then my account freezes or my brother posts one, then that would truly suck.
« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2006, 03:32:41 am »
You have to remember that saying you are going to leave forever does not ban you from chat.  You could also PM an admin to see if your sentence could be reduced a bit if you truly deserved it (I would assume that a week or two could be knocked off of your sentence, which is about 1/8 to 1/4 of your time). 

Also, by the time Possum comes back, two months will have probably gone by; that is if he comes back.  Time is not as slow as you "feel" it is.
« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2006, 03:34:05 am »
You have to remember that saying you are going to leave forever does not ban you from chat.  You could also PM an admin to see if your sentence could be reduced a bit if you truly deserved it (I would assume that a week or two could be knocked off of your sentence, which is about 1/8 to 1/4 of your time). 

Also, by the time Possum comes back, two months will have probably gone by; that is if he comes back.  Time is not as slow as you "feel" it is.

Sadly thats right

2 months have gone by like nothing

hell, so have years

« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2006, 03:36:56 am »
  • Issac_Amisov

Hmm... you could use chat, if you were planning on returning and had a good reason. I guess thats a fair compromise.
« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2006, 07:27:59 am »
We could just ban the people who make a huge deal out of it, along with the people who flame that person.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 07:30:14 am by Andrew »
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2006, 10:37:19 am »
  • hungry..
So you are telling me that a person who says that they are going to leave forever should be allowed to return in two weeks, three weeks, or a month?  Two months sounds harsh because harsh is what it is supposed to be.  It is a strong deterrent of an overused and abused publicity stunt that needed to be stopped.  This rule only applies to people who say they are going to leave forever, so if you are not going to, do not worry about it.  Honestly, the only argument that you guys are giving to change the rule is that some people who say they are going to leave forever want to come back, and we should let them come back sooner.
Completely agree.

If you're scared of not coming back for 60 days, dont fricken make a goodbye topic, just get on and "leave" ... if you know you're serious about leaving, you can post a topic and be gone for atleast 60 days. If you know or think you're coming back, dont even bother with the goodbye topic. THAT is what this rule is for. You can leave without a topic explaining why, now this rule is in place, it should stop people posting the 'goodbye - im back in a few days' topics, and actually thinking about their actions before taking them.
  • My Blog
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 77 queries.

anything