Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unfriendly Rules  (Read 7415 times)

rhalifax

Pixelated Tree
Re: Unfriendly Rules
« Reply #60 on: October 23, 2006, 03:11:04 pm »
  • I'm here for the Bacon
How about instead of 3 weeks or 2 months we do it like this, we take note that a person said they left and put them on a 2 week freeze then if they return and do it again just because they feel like it, it should be increased depending on the admins and mods feelings towards it, then email them explaining to them why their account was frozen and how long before they return. If they by then keep doing it, then keep increasing, that way it will stop spamming.
Pixelated Tree. | I make crappy Youtube videos now.
XBL- aaronshatonyou | PSN- cpt ehren | Steam- cptehren
  • Pixelated Tree
« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2006, 03:38:51 pm »
All that does is enforce a reactionary policy instead of a preventative one.  The best way to stop the problem is to effectively stop it before the first time it may arise. 
« Reply #62 on: October 23, 2006, 09:27:15 pm »
  • Issac_Amisov
How about instead of 3 weeks or 2 months we do it like this, we take note that a person said they left and put them on a 2 week freeze then if they return and do it again just because they feel like it, it should be increased depending on the admins and mods feelings towards it, then email them explaining to them why their account was frozen and how long before they return. If they by then keep doing it, then keep increasing, that way it will stop spamming.
I believe that would work the best. What do you people think?
« Reply #63 on: October 23, 2006, 10:30:49 pm »
The idea is not good.  People who say they are going to leave forever just to gain attention need to be sternly stopped.  This stern approach makes it so people will not try again unless they just want to be banned.  Saying that you can come back after two weeks is a weak first action for the staff to take.  Users who leave like that would gain a freeze tolerance if you will understand that. 

The idea is to do something big once rather than small more.  If you are going to say you are going to leave forever, expect to be gone forever.  And yes I said "forever" because for some reason you people are treating two months as that; it is not that long of time.  The point of two months is that any attention that the leaving member tried to get will not be there if they come back.

rhalifax

Pixelated Tree
« Reply #64 on: October 23, 2006, 10:48:18 pm »
  • I'm here for the Bacon
The idea is not good.  People who say they are going to leave forever just to gain attention need to be sternly stopped.  This stern approach makes it so people will not try again unless they just want to be banned.  Saying that you can come back after two weeks is a weak first action for the staff to take.  Users who leave like that would gain a freeze tolerance if you will understand that. 

The idea is to do something big once rather than small more.  If you are going to say you are going to leave forever, expect to be gone forever.  And yes I said "forever" because for some reason you people are treating two months as that; it is not that long of time.  The point of two months is that any attention that the leaving member tried to get will not be there if they come back.

well if you guys believe that it's such a big problem then ok, why don't you just ban the people who do it all the time. I've only noticed a few people leave but I did notice a few that left because no one liked them, Ummm maybe they should post more than 20 posts??? oh well whatever Im not leaving so I'm not going to get into a big mess over it.
  • Pixelated Tree
« Reply #65 on: October 23, 2006, 10:59:02 pm »
Well, it is not so much a big problem as it is the best solution to a possible problem.  The point of the rule is to stop the people who would even try to do it multiple times.  The community is better off if these people who leave like that do not try to do it more than once.  In other words, instead of banning the people who do it all the time, we set it so they will not even try. 

rhalifax

Pixelated Tree
« Reply #66 on: October 23, 2006, 11:05:33 pm »
  • I'm here for the Bacon
I guess that's reasonable, after looking over the hello/goodbye topic I realized how many people abuse that section just to say they were going to be gone for a day or so, that's basically like every night a person makes a topic going to bed or something. I think that there should be a Vacation Notice Topic that is Stickied to the Hello/Goodbye section, so people don't have to go and make a whole new topic just to say they are going to be gone for a week or two.
  • Pixelated Tree
« Reply #67 on: October 23, 2006, 11:23:40 pm »
Leaving is not a big issue at all, the big issue is the flame war that follows, along with the people who do it for spammy pointless intentions. Thats what I see the issue as being. Sure people come back in a few days (that in itself is included with the 'spammyness' of the board).

A lot of things need reworked, and now that Hal is back we'll discuss these things.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
« Reply #68 on: October 24, 2006, 12:06:45 am »
  • Issac_Amisov
Thank god hal is back!

Now things can be done.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 52 queries.

anything