Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Submission] Thief Techniques Concept Animations  (Read 4850 times)

[Submission] Thief Techniques Concept Animations
« on: May 17, 2012, 09:58:33 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Let's get the party started :p

I believe the specific thief techniques are Running up a wall, ledge dangling, jumping, wall climbing, evading a guard, and vaulting over small fences.

I also believe that comments and constructive criticism are welcome here, because that'll definitely help inspire each other more, which is the point of concept art! Ideas!

DaSpirit

The Quiet
Re: [Submission] Thief Techniques Concept Animat...
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 10:10:52 pm »
  • The Mad Programmer.
Wow looks great. You should add a show under Link, it would make things easier to follow, especially since it's 2D.
I support:
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 02:44:28 am »
I have no idea what this is for but it looks great! Excellent job. :)
Are those wooden crates your own sprites or official art form whatever game theyre taken from?
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 04:06:48 am »
These are looking great so far! Only animation that looks too static for me is the wall sidling one, maybe make his legs swing side to side a little?
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 01:16:31 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
Wow looks great. You should add a show under Link, it would make things easier to follow, especially since it's 2D.

Yea, a shadow would definitely be useful for the climbing techniques so the player can see where they'll land should they drop.

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 01:48:24 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Agreed, with everyone.

In future animations, I'll add both a shadow and leg swinging in the hanging animation. At this point, it'd be real hard to go back and add those in, I don't actually even know if I can edit a GIF file frame by frame :p

Once I get a little more tiles done, I'll make another animation.
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2012, 02:59:48 pm »
Alright sounds good!  I'm going to leave this open for more criticism before marking it approved or anything.

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2012, 05:02:55 pm »
  • It's just Max.
I personally think we should wait as long as possible before approving things, so that way, if you have an idea for an NPC, and I have an idea for an NPC that serves the same function, the approvers can have options, to pick the best. Competition is a good thing :D

Also, if we're going to approve concept art... Doesn't that make it official art? That, or we'd approve all the concept art and use it as... Concepts. For doing the official art, final designs of things.
I dunno, in my head, there's still sme room for us to develop these boards a little.

thestig

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2012, 06:08:21 pm »
I personally think we should wait as long as possible before approving things, so that way, if you have an idea for an NPC, and I have an idea for an NPC that serves the same function, the approvers can have options, to pick the best. Competition is a good thing :D
A per-post poll system would totally be nice for this. That being said, how exactly will "approvals" work?

Also, if we're going to approve concept art... Doesn't that make it official art? That, or we'd approve all the concept art and use it as... Concepts. For doing the official art, final designs of things.
I dunno, in my head, there's still sme room for us to develop these boards a little.
To be honest I'd have to object to this. Concept art is concept art, nothing more, nothing less... or unless we were going to adopt that design as official art then that would be different no? (again, as I noted in the pm I'm kinda half-awake so my brain might be pooping atm D:D:) It just doesn't seem right to have to approve any concept art or unless it's literally going to go in the design.

okiergokisdjf I don't know! I just don't knooooowww

EDIT: One more thing! Are we going to have standards for tools and such? Like editors? Or no?
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2012, 06:14:47 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Haha, that's basically what I was saying! That by definition "concept art" should all be used to conceptualize, so unless we're going to use it as official art, then it should all be accepted :p

Get some rest, dude.
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2012, 08:27:23 pm »
Well, I like the animations and my critisim is mostly what is said before. However I have some questions left. You are using crates, mailboxes and fences in the actions. Will every mailbox, crate and fence be used that way or not.

- If not how will the player be able to differentiate visually between the able and the not able versions? Something to consider with your art here.
- If so what crates, mailboxes and fences will you be using as obstacles that the player cannot move on?
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2012, 08:30:19 pm »
Jon and Max, I'll answer your stuff via pm.

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2012, 10:08:07 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Well, I like the animations and my critisim is mostly what is said before. However I have some questions left. You are using crates, mailboxes and fences in the actions. Will every mailbox, crate and fence be used that way or not.

- If not how will the player be able to differentiate visually between the able and the not able versions? Something to consider with your art here.
- If so what crates, mailboxes and fences will you be using as obstacles that the player cannot move on?
Good question! I dunno!

Seeing as this is just concept art, I was mostly just throwing stuff out there :P
But in the game, yes, we'll definitely need to visually distinguish the different things Link can climb. I think boxes are a for sure thing, every box that looks like that, he can climb. The mailbox, I just threw it in because I wanted something other than boxes. But honestly, I don't think it'd be at all difficult to strategically position every mailbox so that it's available for use this way.

The fences though, I think we'll need special jumpable fences.

For sure, everything that is interactable-with will be noted when you get the ability to interact with it. There's a tutorial type sequence at the beginning of the game explaining how to jump and climb, and then when Link learns new thief techniques, they'll be explained when he learns them.
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2012, 11:51:11 am »
  • It's the grineer
So, Link will be able to jump a bit right? I mean, you make it jump, or jumps like in OoT and MM, when you get close to a place to jump jumps?
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2012, 03:18:04 pm »
  • It's just Max.
As we have it now, jumping is more like OOT or MM, where the action button, in the right context, will say jump when that's an option for you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 66 queries.