Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword  (Read 9152 times)

Sinkin

Team Dekunutz
Re: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2010, 11:16:50 am »
  • Idk
I think the screenshots on the website look a lot nicer than the trailer. I wonder if the trailer is just poor quality or if the screenshots have been improved upon. Either way, the screenshots definitely have a nicer feel.

Youtube does always have bad quality no matter if you are watching in HD. So I guess that the quality of the images are real. They said that this game was going to have better graphics than TP.

EDIT: Here is a video I found on youtube that shows you a bit more of Skyward Sword in action. And as you guys can see, there is no problem at all with the new MotionPlus controller.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xrm5KnyD4ks

EDIT 2: Here are some more videos of the demo:

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hSS_drcfmM&annotation_id=annotation_879790&feature=iv

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlpzk3IZvig&annotation_id=annotation_363264&feature=iv

Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGbJelgsJF4&annotation_id=annotation_204043&feature=iv
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 01:19:52 pm by SinkinDevil »
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2010, 05:30:12 pm »
Well im guessing this game will show us the creation of the master sword or somethin and this link could be a new one not tp link; plus maybe ganon will come back.
Well, I would not make such a bold guess. I think it is an awful idea. Not to mention that it also involves a timeline and there is not a one unifying timeline in the Zelda games.

Zhello

N.A.D.I.
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2010, 05:31:33 pm »
  • L'homme avec beaucoup de noms.
Well im guessing this game will show us the creation of the master sword or somethin and this link could be a new one not tp link; plus maybe ganon will come back.
Oh god please shut up.

lol that wat i read  on the other site.xD 8)
The IT Guy
Intermediate Coder
Linux is a wonderful thing
~Linkwolf48/Gumstone1080~

The Legend of Zelda - New Beginnings

http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=34986.0
1.6 Demo -
https://www.dropbox.com/s/56km0iadaras56g/LoZNB%20Game%20Folder.rar?dl=0

Side Projects:

Dragon Diary - Cybernetic Threat
Story: http://wiki.zfgc.com/Cybernetic_Threat

Aero88
ZFGC is like the Hotel California.  You can come in but you can never leave!

devianart: http://linkwolf48.deviantart.com/
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2010, 05:39:16 pm »
What other site, if you have a source to your guess please share.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2010, 08:25:44 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
I think the screenshots on the website look a lot nicer than the trailer. I wonder if the trailer is just poor quality or if the screenshots have been improved upon. Either way, the screenshots definitely have a nicer feel.

D: oh snap I've gotta watch the trailer

I've only seen screens; I thought it looked nice :(
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2010, 08:40:19 pm »
Check here for a behind the scenes roundtable summary: http://e3.nintendo.com/wii/game/?g=zelda

It features a live demo that did not really bugged out.

Bludleef

Forum Dragon
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2010, 06:45:30 pm »
  • Everybody's Gotta Eat.
Looks pretty cool.  I think the feature of pointing the wii remote down as if reaching in your pocket and turning it to select the various items is interesting. It gives it more of a feel like you are reaching into a bag of holding or something for the item.

SOME LINKS
 -> Bludsoft Productions
  • Bludsoft
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2010, 08:06:35 pm »
Yeah, the Master Sword thing is definitely confirmed, I'll scrounge up the source shortly.

As for the timeline, the opinion of the timeline fans is that NoA (who released that statement about there being no timeline) don't know what they're talking about. NoJ and the developers still actively support continuity of some kind, even if they themselves don't know or care what it is.

Edit: http://wii.ign.com/articles/109/1098500p1.html

Quote from: Miyamoto
That mysterious figure in last year's art is the Skyward Sword. People suspected this to be the Master Sword…but spoiler alert, the Skyward Sword becomes the Master Sword. (laughs).
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 08:18:01 pm by Nabeshin »

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2010, 06:46:05 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Yeah, the Master Sword thing is definitely confirmed, I'll scrounge up the source shortly.

As for the timeline, the opinion of the timeline fans is that NoA (who released that statement about there being no timeline) don't know what they're talking about. NoJ and the developers still actively support continuity of some kind, even if they themselves don't know or care what it is.

Edit: http://wii.ign.com/articles/109/1098500p1.html

Quote from: Miyamoto
That mysterious figure in last year's art is the Skyward Sword. People suspected this to be the Master Sword…but spoiler alert, the Skyward Sword becomes the Master Sword. (laughs).

I don't ever count IGN as a source, especially after all of their previous E3 blunders.

Also, it's not entirely uncommon for a sword to "change into another sword" in the Zelda series D:

Even further, that has absolutely nothing to do with continuity in the series. Timeline fans are stupid <_<;;
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 07:04:39 am by Mamoruアニメ »

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2010, 06:59:18 am »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
Then let's continue to consider this a rumor.

Also, LttP is probably the best example of the sword-turns-into-another-sword, considering that the Master Sword becomes the Tempered Sword, which becomes the Golden Sword...

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios

Dark-Hylian

Silence
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2010, 07:00:54 am »
Personally (and i'm popping in a little late here) I think the game itself "looks" really good as of now. The controls and everything looks fluid, but...

1. The graphics aren't that great, imo. I never much liked the WW style, but it looks like they mishmashed TP and WW graphics. The dark areas aren't dark, and the bright areas are... painful.

2. The game and the controls and their "Ease of Use and the big obnoxious HuD, they look like something you might see in Mario Party Wiix29!!

3. The plot ilooks stale. Practically a TP/OOT/LTTP mixandmashup. Floating cities. Check. Seperate "light" and "evil" worlds. Check. Transportation through both by "Master Sword". Check.

All in all, it looks relatively fun, and no doubt I'll get it. However, in my opinion, Zelda's real time ended with Majora's Mask. WW was kiddy fun, TP was "not zelda like" fun, and MC was altogether too short, (who the hell thought up a multiplayer zelda game for the gameboy!?!?!) and I'm not even going to comment on the two DS games.

Like people have said, trailer to complete project improvements are assured. I think it looks like a fun game, but not whatsoever zelda like in comparison to anything before it.

Yeah yeah, insert yelling mob here about how it's too early to make any judgements.
  • Dawning Hour
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2010, 07:02:55 am »
I think it looks like dump.

Am i the only one who liked how Twilight Princess looked?
Hello, mom?

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2010, 07:06:34 am »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
Minish Cap wasn't multiplayer, Dark-Hylian...

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2010, 07:14:08 am »
Well, in all fairness I will keep an open mind about the Skyward Sword turning into the Master Sword. But I also recognize that what they gave is still vague about it. They never really explained what the Skyward Sword is. And "turn into" can be read like "reforged by a blacksmith" or "the sword gets thrusted into a pedestal in the end. The pedestal that we know as the Master Sword pedestal".

Dark Hylian: What is the definition of "Zelda-like" to you. Because in my opinion Skyward Sword appears to be really Zelda-like. With the graphics I think they finally nailed the look as it was set by ALttP and OOT. From the same source that Nabeshin gave, it was said that the HUD with Wiimote on it was only for the E3 to make things clear.

But I really want to know what makes a Zelda game "Zelda-like".

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2010, 07:43:19 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
With the graphics I think they finally nailed the look as it was set by ALttP and OOT.

This is probably the truest quote about the graphics :P

Seriously, WW was nice looking and all, but it only made the world true to the legacy of LTTP. The NPC's weren't even close to decent. This is definitely an improvement on what they had started with.

Also, Dark-Hylian-

Zelda doesn't need to break the patterns that make it "zelda". That's like taking exploration out of Metroid, or removing platforming from Mario. It would ruin it.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 07:45:28 am by Mamoruアニメ »

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2010, 09:16:11 am »
  • Colbydude was here.
People still calling this WW style shading? WW used hard cell shading... This uses a shading ramp... Also, it appears to be using shaders on the world geometry to emulate brush strokes to emphasize a painterly approach to the style... I think it's absolutely gorgeous!
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art

Sinkin

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2010, 09:27:10 am »
  • Idk
People still calling this WW style shading? WW used hard cell shading... This uses a shading ramp... Also, it appears to be using shaders on the world geometry to emulate brush strokes to emphasize a painterly approach to the style... I think it's absolutely gorgeous!

Ditto
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2010, 09:30:29 am »
  • I choose you, Zorua!
To all you haters: you are complaining now but you know you'll be the first to buy Skyward Sword as soon as it hits retail XD
My name is Pitt

Antidote

>.>
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2010, 06:58:48 am »
  • In all seriousness who's serious?
I'm not a fan of the WW style, however that is not what I thought of when I saw the video. I immediately had flash backs of when i was 7 years old playing LTTP for the first time. I sent chills down my spine. Sure some things look corny, but that's part the series' charm.

EDIT:
Also why do people dislike TP so much? I thought it was more fun to play than WW considering I got so freaking bored with WW within minutes while I can sit and play TP for hours without getting bored.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 07:00:32 am by Antidote »
  • Axiomatic Data Laboratories
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2010, 08:22:39 am »
I think people dislike TP for the similar reasons as you dislike WW. I like the both of them. I can spend hours playing all the Zelda games released by Nintendo. Yes that includes the DS games also. I think every game in the Zelda series is still better than 90% of the other games out there. And that is why I am really certain I'll end up buying Skyward Sword also.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.226 seconds with 110 queries.