Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20   Go Down

Author Topic: Link's Awakening Remastered (Master Topic)  (Read 63532 times)

Jeod

Team Dekunutz, Doubleteam
Re: [WIP] Koholint LttP Style, Holodrum MC Style
« Reply #160 on: March 01, 2009, 05:32:05 pm »
Nice, but are those all the ones Niek used?
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

Zelda GBC+ Engine for Multimedia Fusion 2
  • Doubleteam Project Page
« Reply #161 on: March 01, 2009, 05:58:08 pm »
Yeah.

Jeod

« Reply #162 on: March 01, 2009, 06:09:00 pm »
Thanks then, those'll be useful!
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

« Reply #163 on: March 01, 2009, 06:12:13 pm »
No problems. If you need other tiles, just ask.
« Reply #164 on: March 01, 2009, 08:36:24 pm »
hmm aren't you planning on doing OoA maps =o?!?! this looks awesome, I like Holodrum in MC more than Koholint in lttp :P! since MC looks happier than LTTP, but still good job! I want to see the completed version :D!
« Reply #165 on: March 01, 2009, 09:30:12 pm »
Nice, but are those all the ones Niek used?

For the sea shore coast yes, but they are not all my custom made tiles. The pond and phonebooth aren't in them for example, which you might want to reuse too.

Jeod

« Reply #166 on: March 01, 2009, 09:35:33 pm »
I already have them though, Niek. As for the style difference, LttP works well with Link's Awakening since the plot had a sad mood to it. Seasons has a plot structure that works best with MC, and Ages should follow suit from Seasons.

« Reply #167 on: March 01, 2009, 09:52:09 pm »
Oh I've looked a bit further ahead and I think we will be required to make some more custom tiles. But that is a bridge to cross later.

Jeod

« Reply #168 on: March 01, 2009, 09:55:32 pm »
Indeed. I'm thinking of splitting the overworld into sections based on the message you got after each dungeon.

1) Beach
2) Swamp
3) Desert
4) River
5) Forest
6) Castle
7) Shrine
8) East Mountain
9) West Mountain
10) Graveyard
11) Lake
12) Prarie

« Reply #169 on: March 02, 2009, 12:12:57 am »
I already have them though, Niek. As for the style difference, LttP works well with Link's Awakening since the plot had a sad mood to it. Seasons has a plot structure that works best with MC, and Ages should follow suit from Seasons.
hmm how is LA sad mood theme? the only sad part is the ending and it is not that sad >_>, hmm actually, the whole place is a dream :P so it should be happy except the dungeons of course since the bosses are nightmares.. hmm I can't argue with OoS since I have never played it.
« Reply #170 on: March 02, 2009, 02:50:33 am »
Some things to consider editing:

1) The entrance to the woods, the trees above the door is oddly aligned on the darker and lighter greens.
2) The cliffs near the dreamshrine and the large 2 door house can be jumped off of.
3) The cliff near the well can be jumped off of on the SE side of the top.
4) Wasn't the crane game shop MUCH closer to the wall there? I remember only one row of plants that you cut through to get to the house on it's right side, it was really close to the wall on that screen.
  • RPG Empire

Jeod

« Reply #171 on: March 02, 2009, 03:32:06 am »
Faldomar, thanks for the comments. I actually want the cliff below the Dream Shrine to be jumpable this time. The crane game error doesn't matter, though if it really bothers you I can fix it. The cliff near the well can also be jumped off of because I wanted it that way. The only real error you stated would be the trees.

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #172 on: March 02, 2009, 05:25:39 am »
  • Silly cat!
Just fixed up our small tree problem, nothing drastic...

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f238/Hero_of_Fire17/Fan%20Games/holodrum.png

Darklight, I'm not sure what you're using to tile, but just use this map to pick tiles from and implement as well as the tileset you're working on... there's a lot of colour things that need to be kept consistent, so.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 05:29:42 am by Hoffy »

Hoffy.
« Reply #173 on: March 02, 2009, 05:59:19 am »
Alrighty, I'm curious to see what you can do with the Crane Game area to make it more matching to the GBC game. :D
  • RPG Empire
« Reply #174 on: March 02, 2009, 06:02:59 am »

Darklight, I'm not sure what you're using to tile, but just use this map to pick tiles from and implement as well as the tileset you're working on... there's a lot of colour things that need to be kept consistent, so.
I'm using the tileset that I posted a bit back :P. I'm aware it's got some issues with colour and stuff, I'll go through this image and find the differences.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #175 on: March 02, 2009, 08:54:30 am »

I'm using the tileset that I posted a bit back :P. I'm aware it's got some issues with colour and stuff, I'll go through this image and find the differences.
I've been attempting to map the graveyard area, I spent the last few days ripping all the necessary tiles and such, since I figured it would be better for me to pick an isolated area.  However, I've come across a slight problem, the gravestones from mc compared to the ones from OoS use 3x3 compared to 1x1 and so you can't fit as many gravestones within the same area.  So I was thinking either I could reduce the amount of gravestones or create custom gravestones that take up the same area as the ones from OoS.  I can't remember exactly if the gravestones were involved in any puzzles or not..

Also, I've made custom tiles for the mushroom looking rocks if anyone needs them.  The only tiles for that area I don't have yet are the serpent statues(?) which I'll need to do myself.

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #176 on: March 02, 2009, 09:09:57 am »
  • Silly cat!

I've been attempting to map the graveyard area, I spent the last few days ripping all the necessary tiles and such, since I figured it would be better for me to pick an isolated area.  However, I've come across a slight problem, the gravestones from mc compared to the ones from OoS use 3x3 compared to 1x1 and so you can't fit as many gravestones within the same area.  So I was thinking either I could reduce the amount of gravestones or create custom gravestones that take up the same area as the ones from OoS.  I can't remember exactly if the gravestones were involved in any puzzles or not..

Also, I've made custom tiles for the mushroom looking rocks if anyone needs them.  The only tiles for that area I don't have yet are the serpent statues(?) which I'll need to do myself.
Alright, that's great. Post the maps when you're done (or whenever), that'd be good :). Those mushroom rocks will be necessary later down the track, and we also kind of need burnable bushes... which I didn't include on that first area I did on the map there.

As to the gravestones, they don't seem to have any inherent purpose, just when you touch them ghosts come out. Which is weird, because gravestones usually do something. So, don't worry about the smaller ones, just use the bigger ones, it's cool.

Glad to have you on board :).

Hoffy.
« Reply #177 on: March 02, 2009, 11:11:34 am »
Great to have you windy, can't wait to see your graveyard :D.
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/5152/holodrum.png
Also, I sprited a gnarled root dungeon enterance, not too bad considering I'm not much of a spriter. It is a bit fat compared to the original though, might have to change that doorway size. The perspective is probably a little off too.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #178 on: March 02, 2009, 11:27:41 am »
  • Silly cat!
Also, I sprited a gnarled root dungeon enterance, not too bad considering I'm not much of a spriter. It is a bit fat compared to the original though, might have to change that doorway size. The perspective is probably a little off too.
Hrm, it's not bad. It's a bit off. I was actually thinking we use one of those big trees from the MC graveyard, and just shove a door on. Could work?

You also demolished my fence there :P.

Hoffy.
« Reply #179 on: March 02, 2009, 01:18:41 pm »
Hrm, it's not bad. It's a bit off. I was actually thinking we use one of those big trees from the MC graveyard, and just shove a door on. Could work?

You also demolished my fence there :P.
I don't think that would work imo, as the trees in the graveyard, too many differences, you could probably use it as a base, but youd have to increase its size as the size of the dungeon should be proportionately bigger than a normal tree.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.39 seconds with 74 queries.

anything