Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Playstation Tres  (Read 2721 times)

Playstation Tres
« on: March 20, 2007, 06:13:08 pm »
  • odens knop
As I work at an electronics store I got to set up a booth today.  It was a PS3 one and I had time to play it a litte before I went home.  I played Motorstorm and I must say it was pretty sweet.  I played some F1 too but it sucked donkeyballs.  Pretty quiet piece of machinery.

Anyways back to Motorstorm!  It was a demo of the game so you can only play 1 level with only a few vehicles.  I played as 1 truck and 2 motorbikes, then I had to leave.  The steering was good with the analog stick, but with the tilt function it was pretty worthless...really...  I prefer the ExciteTruck steering over that any day.  The graphics on the other hand where crazy!  The only thing I can complain about are some jagged edges and some ugly grass.  The cars broke way to easily, and they exploded when you use the turbo too much...  ::) 

For a conclusion I would say wait for some more reasons to buy this console.  Motorstorm doesn't count as a reason, I'm afraid it doesn't cut it...  Wait for MGS4, then buy it, kthx?
|LEUS HERTAN MINAT|
Re: Playstation Tres
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 07:21:58 pm »
Is the tilt control as bad as it is on NFS on the Wii? When i played motorstorm i only used the analog controls.

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 07:37:42 pm »
  • Your expression has changed too
How'd you get a job at an electronic store at 14?
Ghoster Poster
  • I have a Twitter if you're into that kinda thing
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2007, 07:53:08 pm »
All that! For only 599 euros!
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2007, 08:02:40 pm »
  • odens knop
Is the tilt control as bad as it is on NFS on the Wii? When i played motorstorm i only used the analog controls.

Haven't played it.  But probably, yes, since it was really sensitive and when you turn it alot (more than 6 degrees that is) it stops turning, so that's a drag if you're used to the ExciteTruck controls.  The gas is on the R2 button aswell, that was sorta !@#$% up.  The X button is for boost... :-X  Also the R2 and L2 buttons are so disgusting, they feel like touching the inside of a cows belly covered in phegm and mukus...  :-X  They're pretty much wannabe the Xbox 360's RT and LT, cept they just feel wrong when you press them.

How'd you get a job at an electronic store at 14?

There's some work-practising thing you do with school in Sweden (I'm sure you do it at other places too), and it's just like working except you don't get paid.  I chose to work at a specific store and I got a job there.  I am a temporary employee pretty much.
|LEUS HERTAN MINAT|
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2007, 08:10:29 pm »
  • odens knop
Sorry for the double-post, but here's a little update.  Today the PS3 launched in Europe, and at the store we had 26 units in total.  By the end of the day we had 22! XD  Our store is a pretty busy one, and NOBODY waited outside the store when we opened.   :)  PS3 phail'd/10.
|LEUS HERTAN MINAT|

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2007, 09:57:59 pm »
  • Silly cat!
Sorry for the double-post, but here's a little update.  Today the PS3 launched in Europe, and at the store we had 26 units in total.  By the end of the day we had 22! XD  Our store is a pretty busy one, and NOBODY waited outside the store when we opened.   :)  PS3 phail'd/10.
The PS3 came out in Australia today... I can tell you it's not going to get that reaction... Everyone going insane for PS3 :X.

Hoffy.

A Storm in the Desert

Eternal Triangle
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2007, 03:39:09 am »
  • Wear the Deku Sprout Smile :]
The PS3 came out in Australia today... I can tell you it's not going to get that reaction... Everyone going insane for PS3 :X.

Nobody I know XD
Surely you can do it!
Believe in your strengths...Believe...

-Happy Mask Salesman

Antidote

>.>
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2007, 04:13:43 am »
  • In all seriousness who's serious?
PS3 < Wii.
'Nuff said

Then again I'm a ninty Fanboy
  • Axiomatic Data Laboratories
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2007, 04:17:03 am »
  • :D
PS3 < Wii.
'Nuff said

Seriously?  What good games does the Wii even have?

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2007, 04:37:46 am »
  • Silly cat!
PS3 < Wii.
'Nuff said

Seriously?  What good games does the Wii even have?
For the love of sweet mother of Jesus, don't start this !@#$%...

Hoffy.

Antidote

>.>
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2007, 04:47:49 am »
  • In all seriousness who's serious?
Who cares that fact of the matter is IMO the Wii is better if you want to banter about this Limey go find someone who cares
  • Axiomatic Data Laboratories
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2007, 06:08:09 am »
  • :D
Who cares that fact of the matter is IMO the Wii is better if you want to banter about this Limey go find someone who cares

Then don't state your opinions as facts then.  Now you say "IMO", but If you say X > Y, that is a statement of fact, not opinion. 
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2007, 07:28:52 am »
man...

did everyone miss it?
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2007, 08:43:21 am »
I can confirm Australian PS3 sales were the lowest for any console in history ^_^. The launches were empty.
the a o d c
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2007, 10:12:10 am »
  • odens knop
My friends, we're reliving the Gizmondo launch.  :)  If When Sony dies, Metal Gear Solid better star popping up on Microsoft- and/or Nintendoconsoles.

Anyways, Limey, there aren't many good games on Wii right now, but there are way more than on the PS3.  PS3 has Motorstorm and Virtua Fighter 5. Wii has Zelda TP, ExciteTruck, SSX Blur, Wii Sports, Kur....something it's a puzzle game.
|LEUS HERTAN MINAT|

Dascu

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2007, 12:56:27 pm »
There was apparently pretty big hype on this here in Europe. Let's wait until we get some sales figures though.
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2007, 01:18:50 pm »
  • odens knop
True, but I wouldn't expect too much...  Since we sold 6/26 units, and we're a busy store, I'd assume that's probably round average of how many where sold.  3/13th's of shipped units?  Naw I dunno, some stores prolly sold more... :P

Are there any good games coming up any time soon?  Motostorm seems to be the killer app (lol) and Virtua Fighter 5 seems ok, but the rest aren't worth wiping your ass with!
|LEUS HERTAN MINAT|

Devy

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2007, 02:14:35 pm »
im planning to get a wii and ps3
wii for all the fun
ps3 for the final fantasy < gottta love those :P
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2007, 02:25:50 pm »
  • I put this here for the sake of that one thread
There was apparently pretty big hype on this here in Europe. Let's wait until we get some sales figures though.
Lol. I was in Stockholm yesterday (Capital of Sweden, n00bs) And went to a game store. Guess what I saw?
6 PS3's just standing there, and the worlds smallest little rack with PS3 games. Another fun thing is that the PS3's were standing next to/on top of a TV advertising the Wii..

I </3 Sol
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.228 seconds with 78 queries.