Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Demo Play"  (Read 2043 times)

Jeod

Team Dekunutz, Doubleteam
"Demo Play"
« on: June 18, 2009, 02:04:12 am »
http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/plugged-in/innovative-nintendo-game-help-system-to-debut-this-year/1326709

I don't own a Wii so I won't be able to test it out, but I for one am mostly against it. A lot of websites get their business by writing walkthroughs and guides. I would be totally against it if the feature automatically came on after oh, and hour of wandering around in the same place. It's a nice push, but I'd rather not be spoon fed.
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

Zelda GBC+ Engine for Multimedia Fusion 2
  • Doubleteam Project Page

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
Re: "Demo Play"
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 03:08:14 am »
  • www.mouffers.com
Yeah, I also disagree with this. At first, I thought, "Hey cool! A help system that's like, directly on the TV!" until I read how it automatically takes over gameplay for you....I think that's totally beyond cheating :S.
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 03:14:57 am »
  • I had to sew my face back on with string cheese
It says it's optional, so I don't see the big deal.  Some people suck at games,  I'm for it.
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 03:48:02 am »
hmm how the hell will this work in an rpg? will it give you auto-exp or fight for you? sounds dumb but yeah some people suck at gaming..
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 06:31:05 am »
Maybe nintendo will make a hard game for once if they can get around the fact that some people wouldn't be able to complete it because it's too hard.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2009, 07:01:37 am »
I don't think I will ever be using that option, but I can think of reasons to use. For example, when someone wants to try out a game, I always had to explain it to them first. I always say but RTFM, but that is to hard for many and I end up explaining anyway. With the demoplay that explaining would help, because you have visual aid.

But it is crap if you let it take over, because the game is to f***ing hard.Because I would have just as easily watched a movie. And the same I think counts for developers. If players play the game by simply using demoplay, then they could have just as well could have made a movie.
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2009, 02:44:34 pm »
  • I had to sew my face back on with string cheese
Well, it doesn't say anything about how long it takes over the game.  So I would assume that it's just a very short amount of time, just to show the answer to a puzzle or how to get out of an area.  I doubt it would be playing itself for very long.
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2009, 03:56:06 pm »
I have to wonder how this will work for more advanced games, plus it'll probably be limiting as it is, what if the trouble I'm having isn't even related to the main goal at hand, like getting a particular collectable item.

Kafke

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2009, 09:00:13 pm »
:( Bad Idea, don't let the game play for you. That's just stupid. Instead, maybe have an arrow or something, to point newbies in the right direction. Or have a controller in the top left/right showing what buttons to press. But taking control from the player is the WORST thing you can do. It removes the 'Game' aspect from it. Hell, even an onscreen walkthrough would be better.
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2009, 04:48:28 am »
The Wii is such a JOKE! Are you serious? Don't get me wrong, I check a walkthrough every once and while but really? What's next? Video games that are just movies?

"Watch your favorite games play by themselves! Just like playing minus the experience! Now you can talk with all your friends about the newest "Legend of Zelda: Jump Around like an !@#$%" with a six detachable weapon arsenal for the Wiimote and "Mario Goes to Space, Underwater, the Mall and Cooks Food!" with all the necessities you'll need such as a spatula, credit card and snorkel attachment made of really cheap plastic! In stores this fall!"

This is horrible. And you know Microsoft and Sony are going to jump on it as soon as they realize it's sucessful for the "casual gamer."

Ridiculous.
  • My Photostream
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2009, 05:11:52 am »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
Yeah, I also disagree with this. At first, I thought, "Hey cool! A help system that's like, directly on the TV!" until I read how it automatically takes over gameplay for you....I think that's totally beyond cheating :S.

Where..did it ever say it takes over automatically for you?  Seriously guys, if you're against it, just don't turn the feature on.

Seriously, every gamer in existence is going off about how Nintendo's games are too easy because they target the casual gamer.  Don't you all realize that this allows developers to focus on difficult gameplay for hardcore players and yet still target the casual players?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 05:40:57 am by MG-Zero »

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2009, 05:30:52 am »

Where..did it ever say it takes over for you?  Seriously guys, if you're against it, just don't turn the feature on.
"If a player gets stuck, they'll have the option to pause play and allow the game to take over and play itself through any rough patches. Once they're out of the woods, players can hop back in and continue playing."

Seriously, every gamer in existence is going off about how Nintendo's games are too easy because they target the casual gamer.  Don't you all realize that this allows developers to focus on difficult gameplay for hardcore players and yet still target the casual players?

There are only a handful of Wii games that have somewhat difficult gameplay. Nintendo's new campaign caters only to those who don't play videogames. Ever since the Wii's release, that's been their goal. What makes you think their thinking about gamers now?  :-\
  • My Photostream
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2009, 05:40:41 am »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
Quote from: MG-Zero on Today at 01:11:52 AM
Quote from: Starforsaken101 on June 17, 2009, 11:08:14 PM

Where..did it ever say it takes over for you?  Seriously guys, if you're against it, just don't turn the feature on.
"If a player gets stuck, they'll have the option to pause play and allow the game to take over and play itself through any rough patches. Once they're out of the woods, players can hop back in and continue playing."

The keyword there is option.  Sorry, I forget the word, "automatically" in my post, heheh.

There are only a handful of Wii games that have somewhat difficult gameplay. Nintendo's new campaign caters only to those who don't play videogames. Ever since the Wii's release, that's been their goal. What makes you think their thinking about gamers now?

Well, I agree with you there.  Obviously, the option is there though.

i love big weenies and i cannot lie

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2009, 04:47:28 pm »
  • The Mike
Hmm... I had a feeling they were gonna go through with this when I first heard about it but I never thought it'd be this soon.

• Zelda Eternity
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.196 seconds with 65 queries.