Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Shadow of Liimina  (Read 66453 times)

thestig

Re: Mythos: Shadow Of Liimina
« Reply #100 on: January 23, 2013, 10:36:24 am »
Ah !@#$% dude -- I feel you on the economic hardships. I wish you the best of luck and keep your head up. Please. Its the only way. ;p

Are you going custom now or is this still a fan game?

Kienamaru

The Idea Man
« Reply #101 on: January 23, 2013, 04:00:45 pm »
  • I can think of many things for anything.
It's custom now but it'll resemble a Zelda game in appearance and playstyle. But it won't be one. It'll be more action than puzzle.
Need someone to grammar check your game? Message me.

Team Project:
Mythos: Shadow of Liimina- http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=39897.0
SoL Sprite Thread: http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=39913.0

Linkxp500

Intellectual Pseudo-Swordsman
« Reply #102 on: January 28, 2013, 02:45:02 pm »
  • Courage gives me the strength to fight fear.
I know you asked me to get up here and share my thoughts, but I see more gloom than ideas...

Off-topic: I know it's hard for you, even before the lack of income, to visit friends half an hour away, so I can only hope you can stand your friend's parents long enough to get your work back and spend some time hanging out and just talking about random crap.  It doesn't always have to involve a TV.  You could wrestle, take a dip in the pool, or something outside the confines of a nicotine-filled house.

Back On-topic: Because of my lack of knowledge about the core elements and plot of the game, I won't try to help out with the title.  Only you really have an idea of what it's all about.

As for how Malefor got 13 temples instead of 7... He was considering both SoL and The Severing Blade as a single adventure.

I don't understand why we would need 2 different enchanted swords for these games.  Is the Hero going to wield both at some point?  Is one destroyed or rendered useless, requiring the need for the enchanted sword?

It seems kinda useless to end one journey with a powerful sword that will not be used again once you obtain another necessary weapon for the task at hand.  Maybe the Severing Blade is a key or a tool not made to defeat monsters, otherwise Shadow Calibur is just gonna gather dust on the shelf of your home.
The only thing I hate about the name Link is that when you Google the character Link you end up clicking a link to a link that usually doesn't mention someone named Link.

Humans are never perfect.  They make mistakes that teach them what to do differently.  Humans also possess the ability to repeat those mistakes.  That's why humans are never perfect.

"Do, or do not... there is no try." - Yoda, from Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

"Who's the more foolish?  The fool, or the fool who follows him?" - Old Ben Kenobi, from Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope

Kienamaru

The Idea Man
« Reply #103 on: February 05, 2013, 04:57:33 am »
Updated the OP with a hook I suppose. It's supposed to grab your attention before you know anything about the game. Any opinions?

Also, removed all of my double posts by merging them.

Shadow Calibur will be used in creating the portal back to Mynale from Liimina. Dark Vitin will obviously stay behind. After being certain he will draw the shadow caliber from the pedestal to seal it. (or so he thought)

When Vitin reaches Mynale he'll have access to his tunic perhaps but no other weapons as they were all technically made of shadow. As was Liimina. He will retain his attacks however, aside of darkness abilities.

Well here goes something. Gonna start trying to work on Key Dialogue. For the main story events first. Then for important side quests. I'm good with english so that won't be the problem, the problem I have will be making the characters have personalities that seem realistic and life-like.

Although I don't yet know what style I'll be going for with the Inventory Screen I do know how I want the things positioned. Which would be hard to explain so I'll just say a bit about it.

The 4 pages will be...

Items
Equipment
Quest
Map

Also, I am thinking about potentially adding in one more type of Gauntlet. And technically the Frost and Blaze gauntlets will be the same item, but just with new powers (like the bow and different arrows) This would be more or less for Inventory neatness. I'm thinking it'll allow Vitin to lift heavier things without the help of Dark Vitin. But if it's REALLY heavy then he'd need the glove and Dark Vitin. So basically, it'll multiply his carrying strength by... 3 times at max.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 02:32:17 pm by Kienamaru »

Team Project:

Kienamaru

The Idea Man
« Reply #104 on: February 08, 2013, 12:01:21 am »
Dammit... So I'm still writing dialogue but because I evidently deleted my npc dialogue without ever realizing it.. A few parts are gonna have to be revised when I can get my notebook back...

Finished the main dialogue of Cloudvale and it took me somewhere I didn't intend to go. I ended up making up a history of the entire place... So look forward to that either tonight or tomorrow night I'll be posting up the history of it. I think it'll be pretty pleasing to read and maybe someone can make it a little better.

Inspired me to make history for other places as well.

Concept art of the Final Boss

Sorry, I realize the second image is HUGE... I have no idea why.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 03:04:34 am by Kienamaru »

Team Project:

Linkxp500

« Reply #105 on: February 09, 2013, 05:06:13 pm »
Backstory?  Ooh, yes, I'll enjoy reading lore. :)

Also, I love how the second concept art isn't very conceptual in places. Balls for hands will hopefully not be in the final artwork.
The only thing I hate about the name Link is that when you Google the character Link you end up clicking a link to a link that usually doesn't mention someone named Link.

Humans are never perfect.  They make mistakes that teach them what to do differently.  Humans also possess the ability to repeat those mistakes.  That's why humans are never perfect.

"Do, or do not... there is no try." - Yoda, from Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

"Who's the more foolish?  The fool, or the fool who follows him?" - Old Ben Kenobi, from Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope

Kienamaru

The Idea Man
« Reply #106 on: February 11, 2013, 11:45:13 am »
Great news everyone! While I haven't gotten my notebooks back I have something that'll help me just as much. I'm borrowing my friend's laptop! This means I'll be able to update more frequently, add pictures, and if someone could tell me of a good program even get into designing my towns.

I organized the OP for the last time. Everything is SO MUCH EASIER to find now.

Added some dialogue and some history. Adding it to the OP and also leaving it here. Also, changed the name from Southern Swamp to Jidan Swamp.

History of Cloudvale
Show content
Long ago in ancient times, the humans and elves waged a terrible war on the land now known as Liimina. This war lasted for decades upon decades and there was no end in sight. Tension between elves and humans was not without reason however. There was a deadly plague being contracted by humans that the elves were immune to, known as the Elfin Plague. The humans didn't know it, but this disease was not caused by the elves, and it continued to ravage the land for nearly a century. The war waged on and the humans began to attack all elves on sight. Seeing no way to end the conflict for as long as elvenkind existed; a powerful elven woman by the name of Skylis Ernea created a powerful magic spell that would ensure the life of the elven people.

Skylis called a meeting among elven officials that would see al of elvenkind retreat to Earthvale. It took days, and in this time she appointed a renowned elven warrior as her emissary. This warrior was also an inventor of great skill, who had created a multitude of weapons and gadgets for the war. One invention in particular caught Skylis' attention, it allowed the user to move quickly across various types of terrain. This invention was known as the Dragon Vice, and with knowledge of this item, Skylis assigned her emissary the task of returning to land every few years to observe the humans. She delayed no longer in casting her spell; raising the entire region of the earth up into the sky, hundreds of feet higher than any weapon could ever fire. The spell was eternally effective, but in turn it cost her own life. In the end, she saved the lives of many in exchange for her own.

The emissary lived his life devoted to serving Skylis. Decades passed, new rulers came and went, and the humans who were hostile towards the elves eventually died out. When peace had returned to Liimina, Earthvale was renamed Cloudvale in Skylis' honor. Skylis' emissary opened a hidden route from Cloudvale to Liimina, that would only be accessible to the few who knew of it's secret.

Cloudvale Key NPC Dialogue
Show content
(This game features choices in conversation which affect responses, they will be labelled A, B, etc.)
At Cloudvale entrance
Dynamis: Welcome to Cloudvale. If you've made your way here, then I'll bet you're looking for something in particular. I'm sure you can learn anything you need to know at the chapel on the far side of town. Enjoy your time here.

Inside the Chapel of Skylis
Vorten: Greetings child, what brings you to our chapel at this hour?

A- Vitin: I'm looking for a way to reach areas that normally can't be reached. I was told you might be able to help me.
A- Vorten: Child, what you seek is an old treasure used by the emissary of Skylis. This artifact is protected boy our guardian. If you would seek it, head to the Nimbus Chapel. The Guardian will test your worth. Farewell child, may the clouds forever guide your way.

B- Vitin: I was just exploring actually.
B- Vorten: Well do be careful child, and watch your footing. Skyvale has many dangerous and unexpected drops.

C- Vitin: Uh... what is this place?
C- Vorten: This is the Chepel of Skylis, our Deity since the ancient times. If you wish to know more, please don't hesitate to ask our scribe Apherada.

D- Vitin: Nothing really, I'll be going now.
D- Voten: In that case, farewell child. May the clouds forever guide your way.

Apherada: Hello child. Do you wish to know the history of Cloudvale? I've been a scribe here since my childhood and I'll happily answer any questions you may have.

A- Vitin: Tell me the history of Cloudvale.
A- Apherada: (see history)

B- Vitin: Who was Skylis?
B- Apherada: Skylis is our Deity. Although she was in reality, just an exceptionally magical elf. She taught magic to the ancestors of many of the great elven mages today. Without her help, none of us would be capable of casting magical spells.

C- Vitin: Tell me about Skylis' emissary.
C- Apherada: Skylis'' emissary was a famous warrior and inventor named Keimo Surisys. He invented magical shields, clothing, and many more items you can only find in Cloudvale. However, most of his inventions have ceased to function over the centuries. It is said, that he created a magical suit of clothing as light as nightwear and as durable as armor that is capable of fitting itself to anyone who dons it.

D- Vitin: What makes the region float?
D- Apherada: The region is held up by a permanent levitation spell cast by our Deity Skylis.

E- Vitin: Who are you? Tell me about yourself.
E- Apherada: I'm the scribe here. I was born and raised in Cloudvale and I'll likely live here for all of my life. I enjoy my job and could never dream of doing anything else.

Insamel  (Part 1) key NPC Dialogue
Show content

Entering Insamel
Atlas: Hail adventurer! What brings you to Insamel?

A- Vitin: Ever heard of the Dead Sands?
A- Atlas: The Dead Sands? Everyone in Insamel knows of the Dead Sands, though you won't hear mention of it often. It's a region known as the Majana Wastes, and it is THE most dangerous place in the world. You've no doubt noticed the animal skeletons all around Tumari. Well those are nothing compared to what you'll find once you enter Majana territory. If you still wanna go, I'd advise stopping at the general store to get some supplies. Tell them Atlas sent you, I'm sure you'll get a discount. Godspeed Adventurer.

B- Vitin: Just exploring.
B- Atlas:  I understand, but it is quite dangerous in both Tumari and Majana. So do yourself a favor and be careful. You might even consider purchasing a map at the general store.

C- Vitin: My feet. A boat. My feet some more.
C- Atlas: Ahahahahahahahahaha! A literal are we? Well that was a fine laugh. Ahem, so why have you come here?

D- Vitin: I'm not sure, anything cool here?
D- Atlas: Well that depends what you're looking for. You can check around the town, I'm sure someone could use a hand. There's also a general store that sells all manner of things, and an inn to rest if you're weary. There are a few buildings where you could go to get a nice view of the desert if that appeals to you.

At General Store
Maya: Welcome! Can I help you find anything?

A- Vitin: Just browsing.
A- Maya: Well take all the time you need.

B- Vitin: Atlas sent me.
B- Maya: Oh did he? In that case you can get any two items you need for half off. One time only of course.

Insamel (Part 2) key NPC dialogue
Show content
In Insamel
Duse: You're trying to get inside the towers of Insamel? They were made and watched over by the Kuzunoh family. They live in the house closest to the oasis.

Inside Kuzunoh house
Vitin: I heard you have the key to the door of the Towers of Insamel?

Mari: Yes, it's true that I have the key to the tower. I've kept it here for years. Can I ask what you're hoping to gain from going there?

A- Vitin: I'm seeking the Demon of the Twin Towers.
A- Maya: You must mean Raidou... either you're stronger than you look, or you've not heard the tales. I suppose it doesn't really matter. Here's the key, please... be careful. Go prepared.

B- Vitin: I'm seeking adventure.
B- Maya: Adventure? That certainly explains your being out this far. I can give you the key but I wouldn't dare going inside were I you. There's a fine line between bravery and foolishness after all.

C- Vitin: It's... personal, and hard to explain.
C- Maya: A personal goal? Sounds like a journey of spiritual growth to me... I can see this key is of importance to you. I don't need it anymore, just be careful. I'd hate to be responsible for your death.

D- Vitin: I just like collecting keys and junk.
D- Maya: Well the key of Insamel is hardly junk. You have no idea what you're asking for do you? Do you truly have no reason for wanting to gain entry to the tower? I can see you're armed.

(Optional, activates hidden quest)
Efrain: You're going to challenge the Demon of the Towers? Promise me that you won't fail. We've been regarded as fiends for longer than I've been alive. Ever since my great great grandfather became mad and obsessed with power. It's hard to sleep at night knowing that a person can be so powerful that he becomes immortal. I've guided many a warrior to that tower; in groups even, but none have ever come back. It would be a great relief on my family and my conscience if someone could finally lay his soul to rest. If you can do this for me, I'll reward you.

A- Vitin: I promise.
B- Vitin: I'll do my best. I'll return here when I've done it.
C- Vitin: Sure, I was gonna do that anyway. 
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 02:38:08 pm by Kienamaru »

Team Project:
« Reply #107 on: February 11, 2013, 02:54:09 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
Dammit... So I'm still writing dialogue but because I evidently deleted my npc dialogue without ever realizing it.. A few parts are gonna have to be revised when I can get my notebook back...

Finished the main dialogue of Cloudvale and it took me somewhere I didn't intend to go. I ended up making up a history of the entire place... So look forward to that either tonight or tomorrow night I'll be posting up the history of it. I think it'll be pretty pleasing to read and maybe someone can make it a little better.

Inspired me to make history for other places as well.

Concept art of the Final Boss

Sorry, I realize the second image is HUGE... I have no idea why.

Don´t worry, sprite is on the way XD XD (I wil do it ;))

Antidote

>.>
« Reply #108 on: February 12, 2013, 01:29:53 am »
  • In all seriousness who's serious?
It's because of the resolution on the camera you used ;P
  • Axiomatic Data Laboratories

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #109 on: February 12, 2013, 01:32:42 am »
  • www.mouffers.com
I like the Final Boss art so far, except it lacks some detail. Probably not important details though, I think you got those down. Do you have any lore of him anywhere?
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART

Kienamaru

The Idea Man
« Reply #110 on: February 12, 2013, 06:18:21 am »
It's because of the resolution on the camera you used ;P
I didn't draw that or take the pic. Wasn't even my design, I let him design the boss.

I like the Final Boss art so far, except it lacks some detail. Probably not important details though, I think you got those down. Do you have any lore of him anywhere?

Not exactly but I can think of some. Had a somewhat lengthy description planned about his existence.

Expect to see some background on the boss Spex Ett Trettio Hundra soon.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 05:12:06 am by Kienamaru »

Team Project:
« Reply #111 on: February 13, 2013, 01:13:19 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
HERE IT IS.

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #112 on: February 13, 2013, 03:14:05 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
I'd just like to make a quick suggestion here..

Malefor, I don't feel it's wise to sprite right away. The concepts for things are still under construction. For instance, Kienamaru approached me a while back to make concepts eventually. I'm waiting until he has his design down before going into this since it's not 100% done. Spriting is generally the last step.

This is merely a suggestion, because if I were to jump onto the concepts, I would make some small changes to the final boss. This would mean you'd have to sprite all over again.

Kienamaru

The Idea Man
« Reply #113 on: February 13, 2013, 11:09:19 pm »
Spex Ett Trettio Hundra (the Final Boss)
Show content
Not much is known about the Arc Angel other than that his existence dates back to before there was civilization. It is written in books and tomes from the days of old that it is a being of chaos who sleeps eternally, awakened only by the forming of the True Shadow Blade. Though its silhouette appears human from a distance, It stands over 10 feet tall. It wears a dark green hooded cloak covering the entire body and has orb like feet allowing for very quick movements. It wields a blade that levitates over an orb like hand on one arm, and a gun and shield on the other. No one has seen it active, but legend has it that the world will become a more dangerous place when such an event occurs.
The Arc Angel serves as the guardian to the Rift of Mynale and any who seek to travel between worlds must confront it first.

(To the reader, one arm is actually a hand while the other is an orb. The orb hand allows for more precise cuts along an infinite number of directions. Beneath the cloak is actually a glowing core which is its weakness as it powers it. However, the cloak must first be destroyed before attacking at the core can be done. At most this boss will have 2 stages, before and after the cloak is destroyed. The term Arc actually refers to the mechanical aspect of the boss.)

Got some more stuff done. I bet everyone was eager to hear the story behind the Demon of Insamel... Well I have it done and will type it up  ASAP
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 09:39:37 am by Kienamaru »

Team Project:
« Reply #114 on: February 15, 2013, 09:24:46 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
Spex Ett Trettio Hundra (the Final Boss)
Show content
Not much is known about the Arc Angel other than that his existence dates back to before there was civilization. It is written in books and tomes from the days of old that it is a being of chaos who sleeps eternally, awakened only by the forming of the True Shadow Blade. Though its silhouette appears human from a distance, It stands over 10 feet tall. It wears a dark green hooded cloak covering the entire body and has orb like feet allowing for very quick movements. It wields a blade that levitates over an orb like hand on one arm, and a gun and shield on the other. No one has seen it active, but legend has it that the world will become a more dangerous place when such an event occurs.
The Arc Angel serves as the guardian to the Rift of Mynale and any who seek to travel between worlds must confront it first.

(To the reader, one arm is actually a hand while the other is an orb. The orb hand allows for more precise cuts  - -along an infinite number of directions. Beneath the cloak is actually a glowing core which is its weakness as it powers it. However, the cloak must first be destroyed before attacking at the core can be done. At most this boss will have 2 stages, before and after the cloak is destroyed. The term Arc actually refers to the mechanical aspect of the boss.)

Got some more stuff done. I bet everyone was eager to hear the story behind the Demon of Insamel... Well I have it done and will type it up  ASAP

I like the concept of the boss, I guess i'll have to wait for the artwork so i can sprite him. I took things too fast. 

Linkxp500

« Reply #115 on: February 18, 2013, 05:22:15 pm »
Finally pulled myself back to take a look at updates to this idea/project-yet-to-be, and I gotta say, the lore alone has me captivated and urges me to learn more.

Let's just make sure the gameplay won't deter that appeal.

« Reply #116 on: February 18, 2013, 05:32:30 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
I'm a bit curious on the sprite style, you guys'll be using, I checked the OP, and it said minish cap style, as since this is no longer a zelda fangame being planned, my suggestion is for you guys to develope your own sprite style, when the time comes for you guys to start spriting the graphics of the game. So, once you get out all the copyrighted zelda stuffs(eg the sprite style, and some other things)Then you wouldn't be bound by copyright laws, and you guys might be able to turn this into an indie game how ever you want(wether it be for profit, just because, experience, all ot the above, etc)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 05:35:22 pm by Kami »

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #117 on: February 18, 2013, 06:40:51 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
Actually, I full on agree with Kami on this one. We can pretty much do anything with Shadow of Liimina.

I have the same kind of feel about the concept art. I understand that if I were to continue doing concept art, that you want the look to continue to have the same kind of "Windwaker"-esque feel from the old concepts...but I just feel like this is a knock off of Zelda concepts. I'd probably feel more comfortable going with my own style of artwork than continue trying to rip off Windwaker's.

Kienamaru

The Idea Man
« Reply #118 on: February 19, 2013, 12:35:39 am »
I added some more Lore, the story of the Demon of Insamel and the Rise of the Majana.

I was sort of thinking about a different art style.. something more anime inspired... Have you ever heard of Across Age? I didn't know it but they made an HD version of it...

I'd really like if we could have an art style like this. I like the look and how much variety you can have. The anime styled character drawings could really bring to life the Key NPC's. but... it might be a lot of work for the artist...
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 12:51:15 am by Kienamaru »

Team Project:

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #119 on: February 19, 2013, 01:05:13 am »
  • www.mouffers.com
I can get away with something anime-styled but not to that calibre. I'm good but I'm not THAT good. http://starforsaken101.deviantart.com <- please refer to my deviantART if you want to see (my Tumblr works as well but I've been doing a lot of chibis lately).

This is my style:

Show content

I will understand if you no longer want my help with concept art.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 77 queries.