Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Recruiting for ZFGC Smash Bros.  (Read 15480 times)

Recruiting for ZFGC Smash Bros.
« on: August 11, 2007, 12:58:20 am »
View this topic at ZFGC.

And this topic at RGF.

I will need:

Up to 20 spriters:
1-
2-Beavercanoe
3-Deku_stick
4-(Chaotic_Death)
5-(dehvknull)
6-(TheRealDragonboy)
7-(Pyzelda) * items and explosions
8-Bustertheheroic * back-up spriter
9-
10-
11-
12-
13-
14-
15-
16-
17-
18-
19-
20-
OBS: Spriters will make 2D 32x64 animations (this is the standard size, but others are possible) for the characters, and things as items, explosions, etc..

Up to 10 background drawers:
1-
2-Tabby
3-(TheRealDragonboy)
4-Beavercanoe
5-
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-
They'll draw the backgrounds for the levels, design title screens and menus.

Up to 8 level designers:
1-uma
2-Chaotic_Death
3-sirkildar / Vandavil
4-Knivu
5-Soapie(cb43569)
6-
7-
8-
OBS: Feel free to design whatever you want. I want the levels to be very creative. I intend to make 30~40 levels available in the game. You don't need to draw the levels (this will be done by the background drawers), so don't worry about if the levels are hard to draw or to program, just focus on the level being original.

Up to 10 composers.
1-
2-(theforeshadower) * helping with MP3 convertions
3-(uma)
4-*Dayjo left*
5-*blue_chu_jelly left.*
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-
OBS: Some of the tracks will depend on the character or the level.

Up to 7 people to deal with .wav files (record sounds for characters' voices and sound effects):
1-cb43569
2-Colbydude
3-Drewdelz
4-uma
5-Tabby
6-Q.K. * sound quality and announcer
7-
OBS: I will try to ask the members that have playable characters in the game if they could record their own voice, but some of them won't have human voices for them, and others might not be able to record it.

EDIT: Programmers:
1-sjegtp
2-
OBS: I'm using C++ with SDL. I think I'm able to code it all myself, but I might need help.

Up to 5 beta-testers:
1-Ryan
2-Colbydude
3-
4-
5-

Up to 3 people to help with choosing the characters' moves:
1-TheRealDragonboy
2-Colbydude
3-

Up to 3 Concept Artists:
1-TheRealDragonboy
2-
3-

PS:I'd like to state one thing that a few people didn't notice... People who are working in the game aren't necessarily in the character list. Not even I am. The character list in independent of who are making the game.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 05:22:41 pm by sjegtp »
Re: Recruiting for ZFGC Smash Bros.
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 01:07:00 am »
Aww dang no programming positions available (yet). I could probably help with the voice recordings and sound effects somehow...
  • https://colbydude.com
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2007, 01:38:11 am »
Have an option to pick from multiple announcers, maybe 3?
And I'll do the voice work and be one of 'em. :P haha

And one of the 3 should be a female member.
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2007, 06:00:37 am »
Well, for now I cou start handing you innovative and/or revolutionary ideas. Or,  later on at leased, I could manage the team if it gets big enough for that... You know, things like that.
And I might be able to help with graphics.

uma

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2007, 06:16:15 am »
  • Ghosts can have Aliens too you know.
I could be a level designer and do soundeffects...

Level design will be fun! *Evil grin*
Ghosts of Aliens
Entire project progress: About 20%

My FurAffinity!
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/umathefurry/
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2007, 06:40:46 am »
  • I need something new to put here...
I'll do level design!
,;Sk;,
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2007, 06:49:43 am »
I'll help with level design too, if there's room n__n
I would help with spriting too but with school starting soon I won't have any time.
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2007, 01:02:12 pm »
  • :3
I can help with the spriting..
  • daniel-kun
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2007, 01:16:01 pm »
I'll help with level design too, if there's room n__n
I would help with spriting too but with school starting soon I won't have any time.
I put you in the spriting too. I put many positions because I know that everyone is busy with school or college or work, so it's okay if you can only help a little.

Maybe I should add more programmer positions, but the problem is that I consider sharing code something quite difficult... I'd rather use the programming board.

I could be a level designer and do soundeffects...

Level design will be fun! *Evil grin*
Would you like to make some MP3s too? There are so few composers in ZFGC, and I don't know if Dayjo or Q.K. or Scooternew would be able to help... Or maybe I could use videogame music, but I'd like to have someone to deal with the music for me.
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2007, 06:58:20 pm »
I'll do sound effects and level design. Um, wait though, as for level design: am I drawing a level, or just tiling one from premade tiles from the spriters? Because I can tile and design, but not sprite the level <_<;

Oh, and sound effects; I own at them. Um. Kinda.

uma

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2007, 08:51:56 pm »
  • Ghosts can have Aliens too you know.
I could contribute a few tracks... But I can't be the main composer!
Ghosts of Aliens
Entire project progress: About 20%

My FurAffinity!
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/umathefurry/
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2007, 08:58:00 pm »
I could contribute a few tracks... But I can't be the main composer!
Same here...I would also like to join level design...
I can get and search for good game music....I also modify .mid and then convert into mp3...
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2007, 09:23:06 pm »
I might sprite myself, but ONLY if this game is released under the GPL.

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2007, 01:03:57 am »
  • hungry..
Not entirely sure that'd be possible seeing as it's already copying names and ideas from Nintendo... not sure what the GPL says about things like that.... Also, what would be the point in releasing it under the GPL?
  • My Blog
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2007, 01:25:35 am »
  • IBV
Not entirely sure that'd be possible seeing as it's already copying names and ideas from Nintendo... not sure what the GPL says about things like that.... Also, what would be the point in releasing it under the GPL?
You are making the mistake of mixing up trademarks with copyright. The code can still be under the GPL as long as you are the copyright owner (i.e. you wrote the code, or got the copyrights transfered to you). And I'm not really sure how we would use names and ideas from Nintendo anyway. Except the Z in ZFGC and possibly member names.

The point in releasing it under the GPL has already been discussed in the other thread on the ideas board.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 01:28:17 am by Venus »
My signature is empty.

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2007, 01:37:27 am »
  • b e p i s
I might design a level or two, but don't count on me being able to sprite, I have no spriting ability whatsoever. I have to see what my college schedule is like later next week when I move in before I make a full commitment.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2007, 02:56:56 am »
I'll do sound effects and level design. Um, wait though, as for level design: am I drawing a level, or just tiling one from premade tiles from the spriters? Because I can tile and design, but not sprite the level <_<;
No, as I've said, don't worry about making the sprites or the backgrounds: In this case level editing would be the ideas for each level such as how many floors, moving platforms, or things like the barrels of a D.K. stage. You only need to design something that would match with the stage's respective character. Don't worry about drawing the floor or the backgrounds, leave that to the spriters.

It'll be GPL... I think :P. In fact I mean it'll be free and I'll release the source. I don't think that would be stealing from Nintendo; first because this is not copyrighted, second because we won't take anything from Nintendo, most sprites and music would be custom... Some sprites and music would be inevitably copied or very similar (for instance, for Hyrule_boy we would probably use Link custom sprites with Zelda music), are some names (as well as the game title) are related to Nintendo, but as this is not copyrighted, I don't think there is much problem.
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2007, 09:21:10 am »
You are making the mistake of mixing up trademarks with copyright. The code can still be under the GPL as long as you are the copyright owner (i.e. you wrote the code, or got the copyrights transfered to you). And I'm not really sure how we would use names and ideas from Nintendo anyway. Except the Z in ZFGC and possibly member names.

The point in releasing it under the GPL has already been discussed in the other thread on the ideas board.
Exactly. Learn what things are before you make assumptions. You can find the GPL at www.gnu.org. It's not very long (only about four pages on paper).

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2007, 10:22:30 am »
  • hungry..

I'm not confused between the two, I'm simply stating that we'd most likely be releasing content under the GPL with already copyrighted names/ music / art etc ...
  • My Blog
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2007, 07:55:41 pm »
  • IBV

I'm not confused between the two, I'm simply stating that we'd most likely be releasing content under the GPL with already copyrighted names/ music / art etc ...
But that is what I was saying. Names cannot be copyrighted (they can however be protected other ways, but only in some cases. That's why you can still make unique characters named Link or Zelda and so on). And we don't need to put or use music and art under GPL just because we put the code under it. However, if we truly want a free game we shouldn't for other reasons use music and art which is already copyrighted in a non-free way or in some other way "protected". We wouldn't really *want* to use art from e.g. Nintendo, or at least that's what I'm thinking. Either way, using their art is illegal with or without a license. At most they can demand us to take the art off, and that's all.

It seems like we have already found a lot of artists anyway so it would be kind of pointless to use from Nintendo. And we can make original art based on Nintendo's and still be able to use it (the same way e.g. parodies are legal). I recommend that the art is original and either put under the GPL together with the code, or put under a Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike license. If the art is under the GPL you will need to release the "source" for the art as well. That might for example be the original vector art, the image separated in the original layers and so on. Such art-"source" could be really good to distribute as well to make it easier for a user to modify them. And if it's easier for them to modify the very original source art it will make contributions a lot easier and it will keep the overall quality of the art.
My signature is empty.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 77 queries.