Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I got a problem  (Read 1234 times)

I got a problem
« on: February 25, 2009, 03:55:17 pm »
I got a little problem with the game im making.
Midna cant walk on the red marked spots that is shown below.
I cant seem to find the problem but i think the problem has something to do with the solid walls since the problem is above a solid object.
Im new with Game Maker (started yesterday) but i really cant see anything that is wrong.
Download it HERE
Thanks!

Jeod

Team Dekunutz, Doubleteam
Re: I got a problem
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 04:00:40 pm »
Can you describe what's supposed to be happening in the game?
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

Zelda GBC+ Engine for Multimedia Fusion 2
  • Doubleteam Project Page
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 04:04:57 pm »
Woops, forgot to explain that   :-[
It is suppost to be a copy of the Guardian Puzzle in Twiligt Princess.
You are link, walk to the right, Midna walk to the right, you walk up and midna will walk up and so on. But midna wont walk on the marked spots.
When she is suppost to walk on those spots, she just stand still like nothing.
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 07:13:13 pm »
Still doesn't explain the complete problem. Because I don't know if Midna moves freely or jumps from square to square.

First you create an object for those red squares. Don't make them solid. When these objects collide with either Link or Midna, you get a collision event. You then have to define what has to happen for Link and Midna. You don't define it for the square. In Link you probably will just ignore it and don't do anything. For Midna you do define it. If midna jumps from square to square, you place here back at the square she can from. Does Midna move freely you place Midna just before the point of collision.

The definitions can be made in code using GML or with the Lego blocks at the right side of the object properties.

You can also check for a possible impact before Midna will collide, but it is easier with a collision event.
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 07:24:02 pm »
Cant you just open it up in Game Maker? That will explain everything, thats why i have a download link :S
The red is just added in Gimp to show which ones Midna cant walk on, but they are exactly the same as all the others. She can walk on all expect the ones i have marked in Gimp with red color.  :-\
Midna should be able to walk walk freely but not on the Black objects. She only moves when link can walk to the the direction i clicked on.
None of you have played/completed twiligt princess? This will be exactly like the puzzle in that game but insted of guards i use midna :S
Just search for "Twilight Princess Guard Puzzle" on youtube and you will see what it is and how it works.
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009, 07:57:10 pm »
Ah I see that only 1 midna walks. I also see that you are trying to do the logic of the game completely in the Link object. Try to do the movement for Link in the Link object and moving Midna in the Midna object. Therefore define the button press events in Midna. The problem of the squares is that your Midna sprite is bigger than the squares.

squares: 32x32
Midna: 34x34

So decrease the size of your midna sprite.
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2009, 08:11:02 pm »
Your smart Niek! I would never EVER find out that the size was the problem, THNX!
And i like to compress things and put everything togheter, i dont know why, i just do it >.<
In warcraft 3 World Editor (If you have used that) i made a trigger with over 800 rows =D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 49 queries.

anything