Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Favorite bands?  (Read 6935 times)

Re: Favorite bands?
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2008, 09:16:22 pm »
  • Wu tang Forever
Domo also losses all those points for mentioning Job For A Cowboy in his favourites.

I don't know where to start with my favourite bands because I've listened to so many.
So I'll just list a few genres.
Pretty much any metal. Specifically, death metal, some power metal, black metal from time to time.
Jazz is also one of my favourites because its just plain awesome.
And some bands that really stand out in other genres: RHCP, Mars Volta, Jethro Tull.
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2008, 09:24:44 pm »
Domo gets major points for mentioning more than a single good artist in his post.
<3  You get bonus points for recognizing more than a few of them.

Domo also losses all those points for mentioning Job For A Cowboy in his favourites.

Really, you don't like them?  They're not the best, but I enjoy them once and a while...  What about The Faceless?  You have to like them.  I love technical/progressive death metal.
You rich !@#$%. I wish I could afford AIDs.
Payback's a !@#$% :P BTW Mamoruanime was here
  • [my deviantART gallery]
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2008, 02:05:33 am »
  • Surpass the impossible & kick reason to the curb!
Enough with this death metal/screamo crap...

Here are my most listened to artists:

They Might Be Giants
Pink Floyd
Rush
Kansas
Symphony X
Queen
Epiclore (symphonic metal band from Finland, you can get all their music for free on their site)
Dethklok
Robert Prince (composed the music for Doom)
Shiro Sagisu (composed the music for Neon Genesis Evangelion)
Taku Iwasaki (composed the music for Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann)
Marty O'Donnell (composed the music for Halo)
Styx

Miscellaneous:

Iron Maiden
Scatman John
Pearl Jam
Lots of OCRemix stuff
Lots of Doom remixes/covers
Assorted anime soundtrack bits/openings
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth.

God's in his heaven, all's right with the world.
  • Exploding Foot Studios
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2008, 02:48:31 am »

Thank you. Evangelion's one of my favorite shows ever, and its music is fantastic.

Anyway, some of my favorite bands right now:

Radiohead
Cake
Muse
Queen
Franz Ferdinand
River and the Tributaries
Symphony X
Epica

"It is a terrible thing for a man to find out suddenly that all his life he has been speaking nothing but the truth" - Jack, The Importance of Being Ernest
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2008, 07:02:42 am »
Well, since everyone is making lists I think I'll elaborate a little on my tastes. Besides Avenged Sevenfold and Bad Religion, my tastes vary widely from speed metal to even a bit of pop. Here's a list:

Jason Mraz
Daniel Bedingfield
Modest Mouse
Suicidal Tendencies
Bright Eyes
Live
System of a Down
Tool
Bad Religion
Avenged Sevenfold
Korn
The Lions
Matchbox Twenty
DragonForce
Megadeth
Nirvana
Dave Matthews Band
New Found Glory

...And I can't think of any more at the moment. Oh yeah, and there's NOFX...but...let's not ever mention them again after this.
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2008, 07:36:44 am »
...And I can't think of any more at the moment. Oh yeah, and there's NOFX...but...let's not ever mention them again after this.

Why not?  I don't listen to them much nowadays, but they used to be one of my favorites when I was really into punk.  BTW, nice list, minus the more poppy stuff, (which honestly is pretty good as far as pop is concerned...and there's only 2 or 3 on there that I'd consider pop).  Props for mentioning the poppier stuff though as it's good to listen to what sounds good to you no matter what other people think about it.

BTW, as a general comment to all those that have posted in this thread thus far, I am VERY happy no one has listed any country.  In the town and state that I live, (small town South Dakota), country is very popular...it makes me what to shoot myself...Well, I'll take that back, I can stand some of the really old school stuff like Willie Nelson.
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2008, 08:26:16 am »
I'll try not to list too many, because such long lists bother me.

Here is just a bunch of the artists I listen to daily, in no specific order. Except alphabetical.

Anti-Flag
Arctic Monkeys
Bloc Party
David Bowie
Death Cab For Cutie
The Fall Of Troy
Fionn Regan
Jump, Little Children
Kings Of Leon
L'Arc~en~Ciel
The Living End
Nine Inch Nails
Placebo
The Raconteurs
Radiohead
The Shins
Silverchair
Thom Yorke
VAST
The White Stripes

I think that's most of the main ones.

Also, credit to Domo for listening to a bunch of cool, lesser known bands like Rilo Kiley. You won't find them in my list because I don't really have enough of their songs to give them a spot, but I like them, and I recognised the majority of your list.

Mario Kart Wii Friend Code: 4468-1342-3783
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2008, 08:53:15 am »

Here is just a bunch of the artists I listen to daily, in no specific order. Except alphabetical.

Anti-Flag
Arctic Monkeys
Bloc Party
David Bowie
Death Cab For Cutie
The Fall Of Troy
Fionn Regan
Jump, Little Children
Kings Of Leon

L'Arc~en~Ciel
The Living End
Nine Inch Nails
Placebo
The Raconteurs
Radiohead
The Shins
Silverchair
Thom Yorke
VAST
The White Stripes

Also, credit to Domo for listening to a bunch of cool, lesser known bands like Rilo Kiley. You won't find them in my list because I don't really have enough of their songs to give them a spot, but I like them, and I recognised the majority of your list.

<3  Nice list.  I honestly haven't heard of some them, but those that I have heard of I like.  I forgot to include Kings of Leon and The Living End in my list.  I'm honestly surprised that anyone here would know who Kings of Leon are, much less The Living End.  None of my friends IRL even know about The Living End, (despite how much I've tried...).  Anti-Flag brings back memories and I would list Radiohead/Thom Yorke but I don't listen to them/him enough.
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2008, 09:35:33 am »

Anti-Flag
Arctic Monkeys
Bloc Party
David Bowie
Death Cab For Cutie
The Fall Of Troy
Fionn Regan
Jump, Little Children
Kings Of Leon

L'Arc~en~Ciel
The Living End
Nine Inch Nails
Placebo
The Raconteurs
Radiohead
The Shins
Silverchair
Thom Yorke
VAST
The White Stripes

<3  Nice list.  I honestly haven't heard of some them, but those that I have heard of I like.  I forgot to include Kings of Leon and The Living End in my list.  I'm honestly surprised that anyone here would know who Kings of Leon are, much less The Living End.  None of my friends IRL even know about The Living End, (despite how much I've tried...).  Anti-Flag brings back memories and I would list Radiohead/Thom Yorke but I don't listen to them/him enough.

Really? Kings of Leon are a pretty big band, as are The Living End, in Australia at least.

Just out of curiosity, which of the ones I listed haven't you heard of?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 10:00:36 am by Racoon Boy »

Mario Kart Wii Friend Code: 4468-1342-3783
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2008, 03:47:24 pm »
  • And if they dont dance, they're no friend of mine

Anti-Flag
Arctic Monkeys
Bloc Party
David Bowie
Death Cab For Cutie
The Fall Of Troy
Fionn Regan
Jump, Little Children
Kings Of Leon

L'Arc~en~Ciel
The Living End
Nine Inch Nails
Placebo
The Raconteurs
Radiohead
The Shins
Silverchair
Thom Yorke
VAST
The White Stripes

Really? Kings of Leon are a pretty big band, as are The Living End, in Australia at least.

Just out of curiosity, which of the ones I listed haven't you heard of?
I've heard of Kings of Leon. Theyre ok, not really my type of music though.
I also have major love for Muse, All American Rejects and Blink 182.

Art by Kyuumu, banner by me
Screw this, im off to Hogwarts...
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2008, 05:20:26 pm »

Why not?  I don't listen to them much nowadays, but they used to be one of my favorites when I was really into punk.  BTW, nice list, minus the more poppy stuff, (which honestly is pretty good as far as pop is concerned...and there's only 2 or 3 on there that I'd consider pop).  Props for mentioning the poppier stuff though as it's good to listen to what sounds good to you no matter what other people think about it.

BTW, as a general comment to all those that have posted in this thread thus far, I am VERY happy no one has listed any country.  In the town and state that I live, (small town South Dakota), country is very popular...it makes me what to shoot myself...Well, I'll take that back, I can stand some of the really old school stuff like Willie Nelson.

Well, I can't deny that they're a great band. They have a large fan base after all. I just personally don't like them for some reason, I guess some of they're music gives me a headache. Though I did like their cover of "Go Your Own Way" which featured Bad Religion singer Greg Graffin.

Actually, Bright Eyes can get pretty country at times. They're not straight country though, they mix up their styles and have a little punk rock and poppish sounding stuff in some of their music.
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2008, 05:41:40 pm »
Dragonforce
Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Guns 'n Roses
Amon Amarth
Nightwish
Dethklok
Falconer
Kiss
Lordi
Megadeth
Shadows Fall
Slayer
Rammstein
  • Virtual Security
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2008, 08:36:53 pm »
  • Surpass the impossible & kick reason to the curb!

Thank you. Evangelion's one of my favorite shows ever, and its music is fantastic.

Then I recommend you watch Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.  It's Gainax's newest show, and the most epic !@#$% I've ever seen.

</offtopic>
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth.

God's in his heaven, all's right with the world.
  • Exploding Foot Studios
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2008, 03:25:34 am »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
Wow that is a lot of um...special music. Not to be rude but uh...I think this is the best list of artists ever:

The Beatles
The Jimi Hendrix Experience
The Who
The Doors
Led Zeppelin
Bob Dylan
The Rolling Stones
Queen
The Kinks
Procol Harum

But seriously, is no one here into 60s music! Thats the best kind!
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2008, 03:31:24 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君
I like Bob Marley. He started in the 60s.  :P  There's probably other 60s music I listen to, but I just can't think of any. Pink Floyd, um... You know what? That's about it.
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2008, 03:53:48 am »
Wow that is a lot of um...special music. Not to be rude but uh...I think this is the best list of artists ever:

The Beatles
The Who
The Doors
Led Zeppelin
Bob Dylan
The Rolling Stones
Queen
The Kinks
Procol Harum

/approved
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2008, 03:57:12 am »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.

The Beatles
The Who
The Doors
Led Zeppelin
Bob Dylan
The Rolling Stones
Queen
The Kinks
Procol Harum

/approved
Good enough for me  XD
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2008, 04:02:43 am »
  • ๏̯͡๏﴿
Silverstein.

Enjoy your generic screamo.

Oh hell naw! You did not just call Silverstein generic.

They pioneered the genre, man! Plus their new album "Arrivals and Departures" is awesome stuff. Good mix of screaming and melody.
Discovering The Waterfront is my fave CD of Silversteins.
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2008, 04:07:38 am »
  • alastair
Recently I've been enjoying:
-The Monolith Deathcult  (Atmospheric Death Metal with electronic influences)
-Virgin Black (Doom/Gothic/Symphonic Metal)
-Unexpect (Avant-garde Metal)
-Aqua (Pop)
-Nortt (Black Funeral Doom Metal)

Some of my favourites are:

Ahab, Za Frumi, Sunn O))), Eluveitie, The Monolith Deathcult, Holy Blood, Frosthardr, Atrium Carceri, Wolves in the Throne Room, Amon Amarth,Ataraxie, Benighted, Draconian, Esoteric, Evoken, Swallow the Sun, Belenos, Arsis, Cermonial Castings, Odius Mortem, Arcturus, Burzum, Pantheon I, Tyranny, Nortt, Combat Drug, Korpiklaani, Saprogenic, Royal Anguish, Ensiferum, Thorr's Hammer, Exousia, Finntroll, Pantokrator, Parakletos, Drudk, Shape of Despair, Severe Torture, The Amenta, Sigh, Ephel Duath, Diabolical Masquerade, Epheles, Nile, Agalloch, Tortured Conscience, Fearscape, Empty Grave, Gorgoroth, No Return To My Vomit, Paramaecium, inExordium, Impending Doom, Abigor, Demonic Dismemberment, Emperor, Flesh Denial, Kronos, Clinic Carnage, Wintersun, Negura Bunget, Amaka Hahina, Eternal Mystery, Flactorophia, My Dying Bride, Worship, Circle of Pines, Vomitorial Corpulence, Dark Tranquility, Vomitous Discharge, Windir, Mortal Treason, Antestor, Sterbend, Morphia, Novembers Doom, Deathspell Omega, Darkthrone, Asmegin, Xasthur, 1000 Funerals, My Silent Wake, Amoral, My Darkest Time, Naglfar, Soul Embraced, Zao, Elysisan Blaze, Immortal Souls, Aletheian, Accoustic torment, Funebrarum, Balatonizer, Disavowed, Encryptor, Funerery Dirge, Shining, With Blood Comes Cleansing, Crimson Thorn, Crimson Moonlight, Virgin Black, Ruins, Napalm Death, Arvinger, Skyforger, Drawn and Quartered, Frost Like Ashes, Horde, The showdown, Sympathy, Moonsorrow, Extol, Arch Enemy,  Detonation, Vinterland, Dimmu Borgir, Imperial Crystalline Entombment, Absu, 1394, Psycroptic, Misericordiam, Mental Destruction, Via Mistica, Summoning, Becoming the arcetype, The Faceless, Engravor, Demilich, Haste the Day, Mayhem, In Slaughter Natives, Runic, Teeth of Lions Rule the Divine, As I lay dying, Underoath, Demon Hunter, Saviour Machine, Suidakra, Norma Jean, Luti-Kriss, Tu Carne, The Chariot, Living Sacrifice, Nevermore, Putrid offal, Rompeprop, Dogwood, Deathklok, Imindain, Symphony X, Chasing Victory, Xome, Andrea Bocceli, Kutless, The Agony Scene, Terminal, East West, Spoken, Project 86, Wraith of the ropes, Blindside, Dead Poetic, Emery, Pillar, Terminal, Subseven, Juliana Theory, hampton the hamster, anberlin, Barney and Friends
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 04:13:02 am by alspal »
  • alastair
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2008, 04:09:53 am »
  • ๏̯͡๏﴿
Recently I've been enjoying:
-The Monolith Deathcult  (Atmospheric Death Metal with electronic influences)
-Virgin Black (Doom/Gothic/Symphonic Metal)
-Unexpect (Avant-garde Metal)
-Nortt (Black Funeral Doom Metal)

Some of my favourites are:

Ahab, Za Frumi, Sunn O))), Eluveitie, The Monolith Deathcult, Holy Blood, Frosthardr, Atrium Carceri, Wolves in the Throne Room, Amon Amarth,Ataraxie, Benighted, Draconian, Esoteric, Evoken, Swallow the Sun, Belenos, Arsis, Cermonial Castings, Odius Mortem, Arcturus, Burzum, Pantheon I, Tyranny, Nortt, Combat Drug, Korpiklaani, Saprogenic, Royal Anguish, Ensiferum, Thorr's Hammer, Exousia, Finntroll, Pantokrator, Parakletos, Drudk, Shape of Despair, Severe Torture, The Amenta, Sigh, Ephel Duath, Diabolical Masquerade, Epheles, Nile, Agalloch, Tortured Conscience, Fearscape, Empty Grave, Gorgoroth, No Return To My Vomit, Paramaecium, inExordium, Impending Doom, Abigor, Demonic Dismemberment, Emperor, Flesh Denial, Kronos, Clinic Carnage, Wintersun, Negura Bunget, Amaka Hahina, Eternal Mystery, Flactorophia, My Dying Bride, Worship, Circle of Pines, Vomitorial Corpulence, Dark Tranquility, Vomitous Discharge, Windir, Mortal Treason, Antestor, Sterbend, Morphia, Novembers Doom, Deathspell Omega, Darkthrone, Asmegin, Xasthur, 1000 Funerals, My Silent Wake, Amoral, My Darkest Time, Naglfar, Soul Embraced, Zao, Elysisan Blaze, Immortal Souls, Aletheian, Accoustic torment, Funebrarum, Balatonizer, Disavowed, Encryptor, Funerery Dirge, Shining, With Blood Comes Cleansing, Crimson Thorn, Crimson Moonlight, Virgin Black, Ruins, Napalm Death, Arvinger, Skyforger, Drawn and Quartered, Frost Like Ashes, Horde, The showdown, Sympathy, Moonsorrow, Extol, Arch Enemy,  Detonation, Vinterland, Dimmu Borgir, Imperial Crystalline Entombment, Absu, 1394, Psycroptic, Misericordiam, Mental Destruction, Via Mistica, Summoning, Becoming the arcetype, The Faceless, Engravor, Demilich, Haste the Day, Mayhem, In Slaughter Natives, Runic, Teeth of Lions Rule the Divine, As I lay dying, Underoath, Demon Hunter, Saviour Machine, Suidakra, Norma Jean, Luti-Kriss, Tu Carne, The Chariot, Living Sacrifice, Nevermore, Putrid offal, Rompeprop, Dogwood, Deathklok, Imindain, Symphony X, Chasing Victory, Xome, Andrea Bocceli, Kutless, The Agony Scene, Terminal, East West, Spoken, Project 86, Wraith of the ropes, Blindside, Dead Poetic, Emery, Pillar, Terminal, Subseven, Juliana Theory, hampton the hamster, anberlin, Barney and Friends
...Barney and the Dinosaur? WTF?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 75 queries.