Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Blacklist  (Read 5515 times)

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
Blacklist
« on: April 19, 2006, 02:48:10 pm »
  • .越//
how would be a "blacklist"... for people/projects who use engines/gfx without permission or credit... so that they are "blacklisted" at ZFGC as "bad people" ^^ and all who change that with credit or deleting of the content they've used will be deleted from the list again...

that would be good as an Deterrence for the people who're planning to release content which isnt supposed to be released. And as a Blacklisted member they wouldnt have the popularity of ZFGC available.

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

Fox

Turnbeutelvergesser since 1988.
Re: Blacklist
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 03:28:54 pm »
We do have a cemetry for banned people. However only Mods and above can see it. So maybe this would be a good idea... (:<
  • Me on deviantART

Limey

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 03:37:46 pm »
It might be a good idea... though how do we know if they stole sprites on purpose? :S

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 05:05:59 pm »
  • .越//
i'm not speaking about "banning" now.... about "marking" if someone marked as stealer, then he can say "why am i marked, i didnt do something wrong"...

1. How do you see a stealer?

- when a sheet from a "not for use section" in a collection is
- when a sprite/engine of an "popular spriter"/"coder" (like zorafan89 or .takam) isnt in the credits
- if you have that sheet/engine yourself and the nameof the creator isnt in the credits
- if you're the maker of the sheet/engine

2. how to see who is a stealer in the WIP-progress of a game

- maybe in the rules should stand "write the whole credits of your game"
- a sprite you know is on the screenshot

3. How to avoid stealing something yourself

- Dont use a "not for use" sprite
- ask people from which a sheet is
- if you dont know, you could say in the credits "f.e. Bush by an Unknown Spriter"
- you can say "If there's something from you, then tell me"

i think that would be the Point of it...

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
~Other~

Gilgamesh

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2006, 05:45:54 pm »
"Ohnoes, he's using my unfinished MC Link edits and Octorok recolours in his walking demo project of his Tentative Title Zelda 10D remake without giving me credit!! Call the CIA and FBI!"
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2006, 05:55:53 pm »
"Ohnoes, he's using my unfinished MC Link edits and Octorok recolours in his walking demo project of his Tentative Title Zelda 10D remake without giving me credit!! Call the CIA and FBI!"

Exactly my sentiments.
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2006, 06:28:58 pm »
If someone is using your sprites but you don't want that somebody uses your sprites but he gives you credit for the sprites. I don't think he/she is wrong. There'll always be people who use your sprites if you want it or not. And if you really don't want that people use your sprites why don't you just not post them?
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2006, 07:34:23 pm »
If someone is using your sprites but you don't want that somebody uses your sprites but he gives you credit for the sprites. I don't think he/she is wrong. There'll always be people who use your sprites if you want it or not. And if you really don't want that people use your sprites why don't you just not post them?

Yeah I agree with HB. There's nothing you can do to stop them using your sprites sadly. Unless you register your copyright on them.
But you can't copyright them if it are Zelda sprites or from another game serie.

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2006, 07:43:39 pm »
  • .越//
hey... i dont think you understand the meaning....
when people look down on them, then its more against stealing then "omfg, i must do copyright"

when people dont have a problem to steal something, then they shouldnt be honored for that, they should be banned or marked

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

~GB-Zelda Style~
~Other~

Pyru

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2006, 09:22:25 pm »
Frankly, sprite stealing offences are !@#$%. You're stealing all of it from Nintendo anyway, without their permission.

Pyru

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2006, 09:28:30 pm »
All fangames are ripping something officially copyrighted from Nintendo without permission.

Almost all customs are edits of Nintendo sprites, so you're still- vaguely- stealing.

It's still !@#$%.

Pyru

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2006, 09:33:11 pm »
You're ultimately right. So, you want to lift credit completely as far as sprites go?

No, I want full credit for every sprite but for sprite makers to NOT "demand" permission. Frankly, sprites will be used whether anyone likes it or not, and it's all down to the people using them to decide. The burden of credit should be upon them, not the maker.

Pyru

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2006, 09:37:10 pm »
Exactly. Rippers don't consider copyrighted material "untouchable", so anything posted should be automatically considered "for public use"- why post it otherwise.

Yeah, I know- "feedback". But part of feedback, sometimes, is using them.
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2006, 11:17:02 pm »
  • Huzzowee!
We're not blacklisting members. That's just not a good idea. You know how that turned out for the USA when it blacklisted communists? It made a lot of innocent people angry. If someone steals a sprite or something, it's pretty much between them and the creator. Unless it's a deliberate and continuous action, where they steal everything they use and actually claim it as their own, then maybe the mods will step in. If someone uses your sprite without your permission, take it up with them. If it's only once or twice, it's possible that they don't know whose it is and I don't want to see people being labeled as evil-doers simply due to a misundertanding.

We will not blacklist anyone. There's no need. There are better ways of dealing with it, and if necessary a ban could take place anyways.
"They say 'Don't sweat the little things!', but in the end, the little things are all that matter..."
--Alex2539

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2006, 05:39:31 am »
  • .越//
so you say, in case you have a creation (sprite / engine) report it and you will be helped... just now as last words
*plz close after answer*

btw: what's the difference between head mod and global mod?

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

~GB-Zelda Style~
~Other~

bran371

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2006, 07:27:54 pm »
There's no difference permission-wise, but Head Mods have more authority. Like, if something big needs to happen (and it isn't blatantly obvious, like the banning of sexbeast) than the mods have to consult the Head Mod if Drewdelz isn't online.

Also, topic locked by request.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 70 queries.