Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: the mysterious happy mask salesman  (Read 1841 times)

the mysterious happy mask salesman
« on: September 17, 2006, 10:32:00 pm »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
Ah, the happy mask salesman. What a peculiar character! When i first saw him in oot I thought he was a little wierd and not that important, but in mm i learned otherwise!

I think that the happy mask salesman is a sort of mystical being. hear me out, before you think hes just another hylian. When you first meet him in mm he is an eccentric mask salesman who some how had majora's mask in his possesion. I think it goes deeper than that.

If the 72 hours (game time) goes up, and the moon crashes into the world, he says that "You have seen a terrible end, but it is forgiven" Although this may not point out anything mystical, he also says that he has experienced majora's masks wrath firsthand, alluding that he may have been one terrorized by the mask and sealed it away. Another interesting point is the kids on the moon, they say that they are all destined to become mask salesmen. Interesting, eh? I think that maybe he is a sort of god, or deity, possibly not strong enough control majora's power, but still takes a human body to aid link.

I think the mask salesman can be weird, or something to ponder. What do you think about this weird character?

(note: I'm not talking about the oracle of ages mask salesman, because he doesn't really fit.)
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
Re: the mysterious happy mask salesman
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2006, 10:54:57 pm »
edit: flaming is not nice.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 10:13:37 am by Andrew »
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2006, 11:28:33 pm »
  • Your expression has changed too
I think him being a god goes along with how he kind of looks like Miyamoto. (Gods are credited with creating worlds and Miyamoto created the Zelda series.) I think that what you've said very well could be true, but I doubt future games will look deeper into his character.
Ghoster Poster
  • I have a Twitter if you're into that kinda thing
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006, 09:52:43 am »
  • I choose you, Zorua!
Edit: Flaming users is bad.

(Political mocking is fine (legally) -- the topic was edited due to the content of a flam(ish) post towards a user, and not a political leader)

Andrew, did I mention that I liked cheesecake?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 06:08:26 pm by NeoGeo-x »
My name is Pitt

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2006, 08:23:44 am »
  • Silly cat!
The Happy Mask Salesmen is a pretty cool character. He's weird and funny too. I remember I laughed when I saw him pick up Link and start shaking him around. He's just crazy, which is cool. He also seems to teleport a lot, and move really fast... plus, he plays a giant organ, but only uses a small portion of the organ's keys.

He's just weird, and mysterious. I kind of doubt we'll see him again though.

Hoffy.
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2006, 01:19:55 am »
uh what did that guy flame me abou? I got here after it got edited.
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2006, 01:25:22 am »
Maybe he was in the tribe that Majora's Mask was created in and tormented, and because everyone of that tribe must go off and become mask salesmen, and the children on the moon are there because they have been cursed by Majora for they were the ones to summon him to the mask...>_> just a theory...

Obsequious Eye

King of Glass
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2006, 01:59:54 am »
  • Yes, I am mocking you
The Happy Mask Salesmen is a pretty cool character. He's weird and funny too. I remember I laughed when I saw him pick up Link and start shaking him around. He's just crazy, which is cool. He also seems to teleport a lot, and move really fast... plus, he plays a giant organ, but only uses a small portion of the organ's keys.
Have you noticed that organ kinda just appeared...
And he's an awesome supporting character. My favorite character from the Zelda series.

Unfortunately. Unless he's in TP... which is unlikely...
I'm watching you...
  • Omniscient Eye

Darklink45

aka Faded Led
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2006, 02:28:35 am »
i think the happy mask salesman is scary and funny o and he has a mario
mask on the back. :)
Personal site: Faded Led
People die when they are killed.

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2006, 07:16:59 am »
  • Silly cat!
It's generally best not to ask. That's why the post was edited.

Have you noticed that organ kinda just appeared...
And he's an awesome supporting character. My favorite character from the Zelda series.

Unfortunately. Unless he's in TP... which is unlikely...
Yeah, pretty funny how he just summoned an organ and then got rid of it in a second XD. I just like how one second he's doing something, and the next second he's doing something completely different.

As for seeing him again, I think his appearence in Majora's Mask was a "one-time" thing. His had his place in the spotlight, so it's not likely we'll see him again... It's the same deal with the King of Red Lions, Tatl and Navi.

Though, I would imagine if there is ever a mask shop in a later game, he would be there... Nintendo generally like to reuse insignificant characters, and because the mask salesmen was originally just a shop owner, Nintendo would reuse him.

Hoffy.
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2006, 09:46:21 am »
  • I choose you, Zorua!
He said you liked cheesecakes. Now where in this godforsaken world have you heard worse insults >:(
My name is Pitt
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2006, 01:45:19 am »
He said you liked cheesecakes. Now where in this godforsaken world have you heard worse insults >:(
i uh didn't know what he said....(even though your joking) but seriously.

Though, I would imagine if there is ever a mask shop in a later game, he would be there... Nintendo generally like to reuse insignificant characters, and because the mask salesmen was originally just a shop owner, Nintendo would reuse him.

As for seeing him again, I think his appearence in Majora's Mask was a "one-time" thing. His had his place in the spotlight, so it's not likely we'll see him again... It's the same deal with the King of Red Lions, Tatl and Navi.
maybe, but he probably WILL appear in later games, for the fact that there will be a mask shop, and there will be no one to put in but the obvious choice, like you said.

Obsequious Eye

King of Glass
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2006, 01:24:15 am »
  • Yes, I am mocking you
I wouldn't put it past him to be immortal, and end up seeing him in masks shops anywhere in the future. That wouald be awesome as well...
I'm watching you...
  • Omniscient Eye

Pyru

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2006, 08:25:32 pm »
I wouldn't put it past him to be immortal, and end up seeing him in masks shops anywhere in the future. That wouald be awesome as well...

Or, y'know, just being reincarnated, like every other Zelda character like, ever?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.528 seconds with 66 queries.

anything