Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hardcore gamers typically hate on the Wii....until now.  (Read 2493 times)

Hardcore gamers typically hate on the Wii....unt...
« on: November 10, 2007, 05:32:56 am »
Among the many trips I have had with my various recruiters (about 4), I have had the chance to chat with each on videogames.  Everyone one of them is a hardcore gamer...puttin in 30+ hours into Everquest 2 or WoW and grew up with Nintendo's and Playstations...They all told me the same thing:
They thought the Wii was a joke until they played Super Mario Galaxy.
They all want to get a hold of a Wii just for SMG...I coiuldn't believe it.  I have yet to try out SMG, so I don't know how good it is...(they were talking about demos at like Walmarts and such).

But it shows you that, Nintendo is still for the hardcore gamers.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
Re: Hardcore gamers typically hate on the Wii......
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2007, 05:45:14 am »
Wow, I never expected much from SMG, nor did I even think about getting it up until now.

And seeing how a Xbox/PS3 biased-ass site like Gamespot gave it a 9.5, the same rating they gave Halo 3, then this game must REALLY be great.
Because without the classic Gamespot Nintendo hatin' handicap on the rating, it would of got a 15/10 on their rating scale. :o
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2007, 06:16:51 am »
  • Shunner of Light
Meh, I don't think I'd be proud of being hardcore if it meant I was a fanboy.  I'd rather Nintendo do whatever the hell they wanted instead of trying to please fans(games like Brawl are an exception, though).  I'd hate for the LoZ series to keep going in the direction TP set, with it's typical LoZ story and relistuk girafex the crybabies beg for.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2007, 06:50:34 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
I still generally dislike the Wii :p... But I was never really a fan of Mario sooooo............

But! alas, I'm still getting one for SSBB

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2007, 07:07:53 am »
  • Silly cat!
!@#$% yes. Galaxy makes a Wii worth getting.

Buy it and get Zack & Wiki too.

Hoffy.
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2007, 01:24:24 pm »
Wow, I never expected much from SMG, nor did I even think about getting it up until now.
You've got to be kidding me.

Anyway...yeah, SMG is going to be flipping awesome. I can't wait for Tuesday (I would say Monday, but nooooo...dumb stores).
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2007, 01:25:30 pm »
!@#$% yes. Galaxy makes a Wii worth getting.

Buy it and get Zack & Wiki too.

Both of them have been on my Christmas List for a while now! :D
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2007, 10:17:01 pm »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
I can't wait to play it, it looks so great!
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2007, 10:25:05 pm »
  • n___n
This whole topic is silly. No, Wii is not for hardcore gamers. That's like saying if a console came out that only had sex sim games, and ONE game came out that was a shooter, then the console is for sex sim lovers and shooter lovers. It's simply un true. ONE "hardcore" game comes out and suddenly it appeals to all hardcore gamers? Simply unfounded.
yo yo yo

araknid_kid@yahoo.com = email and MSN
HellsExecutionR = AIM
araknidude = XBox Live gamertag

BuffaloBurgers

U B DA WAT!?
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2007, 11:09:49 pm »
And seeing how a Xbox/PS3 biased-ass site like Gamespot gave it a 9.5

Oh yes, it's a huge problem when the media likes at least 2/3 of the industry.

EEE HUNG HUNG HA HA

COLORADO 27 - OKLAHOMA 24
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2007, 11:33:19 pm »
  • I put this here for the sake of that one thread
Lol, Drewdelz. Who the !@#$% told you 9.5 is a bad score? Because whoever did must me dumb.

Bias would be something like.

"While fans have waited for a new sequel in the popular franchise, Mario Galaxy just doesn't offer enough new elements to completely satisfy our thirst for innovation. 6,5"

I </3 Sol
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2007, 11:48:13 pm »
I'm going to get this game next week so early as possible. And it's !@#$% that we europeans have to wait till friday!
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2007, 11:51:07 pm »
I'm starting to like the Wii and I'm already thinking in buying some more games on my birthday, anyways, don't forget Wii is almost one year old, they better start releasing more 9.0+-worthy games.
For now I'm planning on getting three games on my birthday (as I told on another thread): Super Mario Galaxy (started to like it), Tomb Raider Anniversary (I love it :D) and Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition. Pity, all of those are adventure games (with no competitive multiplayer, I think), which will cost me the free time I don't have at the moment.

But, we already have some cool games on Wii until the end of this year: the ones I mentioned, Metroid Prime 3, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (the first must, I don't even know why did I mention it :P), Mario Galaxy, Guitar Hero III (expensive -.-), Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (Europe D:), Mario & Sonic @ Olympiads (I think it's lame, but may be a cool multiplayer), Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles (not sure, I have a bad feeling about it :\), Zack and Wiki (a sleeper-hit, for sure, pity Europe won't have it until 2008). It's already a nice list... 
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2007, 12:03:17 am »
  • CRUNCH! I'll add it to the heap!
Lol, Drewdelz. Who the !@#$% told you 9.5 is a bad score? Because whoever did must me dumb.

"While fans have waited for a new sequel in the popular franchise, Mario Galaxy just doesn't offer enough new elements to completely satisfy our thirst for innovation. 6,5"

I think he's trying to say that it's a feat to get such a score in an unfriendly environment, not that it was rated low.
And now after years of mocking him the pretending he played a massive part in our lives when really we couldn't care less just to ease our consciounse over said mocking healing can begin <_<

It's Steve Irwin all over again.
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2007, 12:54:14 am »
  • I put this here for the sake of that one thread
Sorry, I'm a dumb idiot. Disregard my post entirely. :(. But everoyne calls gamespot biased because of the TP score, right? That wasnt a bad score D:

I </3 Sol
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2007, 12:59:50 am »
  • CRUNCH! I'll add it to the heap!
It still pissed everyone off. Anyway, in response to the topic, yeah, SMG has a lot of appeal to dedicated gamers. I wouldn't say that the hardcore hate it, though. Unless you have a whole world of free time, I'm finding plenty of fun games being released to suffice my hardcore appetite, not to mention that the Virtual Console is a !@#$% GOLDMINE. I hate it when people disregard it because it's full of "games we already played". !@#$%. That thing has games from consoles a lot of us never even got to touch. I never even played on a Genesis, a NeoGeo, or a TurboGrafx-16 before in my life before I got my Wii, and I never owned my own SNES. So there.
And now after years of mocking him the pretending he played a massive part in our lives when really we couldn't care less just to ease our consciounse over said mocking healing can begin <_<

It's Steve Irwin all over again.

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2007, 01:09:09 am »
  • Silly cat!
Super Mario Galaxy is seriously magic.

I downloaded the Video Review at IGN. Mario like... long jumped off a tower, and he was falling towards the planet. It looked like he was going to keep falling, and then he just stopped and the camera flipped around and all of a sudden Mario was on the other side of the planet.

There were so many amazing things. I literally smiled, laughed and wowed just looking at the footage. It's a seriously amazing game... Nintendo have really outdone themselves this time.

Mario Galaxy not only makes me happy to own a Wii, but it also makes me happy to play games. It looks awesome, and I can't wait until Christmas.

This whole topic is silly. No, Wii is not for hardcore gamers. That's like saying if a console came out that only had sex sim games, and ONE game came out that was a shooter, then the console is for sex sim lovers and shooter lovers. It's simply un true. ONE "hardcore" game comes out and suddenly it appeals to all hardcore gamers? Simply unfounded.
No offense, but I'm really sick of comments like these. It's as if you're trying your hardest to force your beliefs onto others that the Wii doesn't deserve any recognition. It shouldn't matter what console it's on - Nintendo have developed a great game, and that should be as far as it goes. None of this "HADCOR GAEMRS SHUDNT LIEK WIII" !@#$%.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 01:14:20 am by Hoffy »

Hoffy.
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2007, 04:51:27 am »
Hmmm I didn't really think it was going to be that good. I guess I'll have to try it now. So far there really hasn't been too many Wii games that I've been really excited about I guess though lately I've been out of the console game loops so it's not surprising.
I made a thing! Please try the thing, it's what the kids are calling a "vidja game" for the iOS Splashy Bucket
  • Fictitious Spoon Productions
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2007, 05:37:50 am »

Umm... Listen to what Dracon said. XD
Duh. lmao
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2007, 11:37:09 am »
I'm still not an overall fan of the Nintendo Wii, only games that excite me are SSBB, MP3, and this. Even though I'm not an overall fan of Mario either.

the Virtual Console is a !@#$% GOLDMINE. I hate it when people disregard it because it's full of "games we already played". !@#$%. That thing has games from consoles a lot of us never even got to touch. I never even played on a Genesis, a NeoGeo, or a TurboGrafx-16 before in my life before I got my Wii, and I never owned my own SNES. So there.

The Nintendo Wiis Virtual Console is, agreeably, A '!@#$% Goldmine' what with there being plenty of golden classics that many hardcore or even casual gamers would of missed.

Although I remember one of my mates saying that the Wii depends on it to sell. Of which I slapped him...well more punched.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 78 queries.