Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Call of Duty 4 - Best shooter. Ever.  (Read 2393 times)

Call of Duty 4 - Best shooter. Ever.
« on: November 11, 2007, 08:01:39 am »
Now, let me just clear some things. I'm a HUGE Halo, 2 and 3 fan, and they have great (yet disappointing) campaigns. I've played Battlefield (Vietnam, 2, you name it I've tried it). They all have great graphics. They are all great.

However, last night I slept over at a friend's house and found he had recently purchased Call of Duty 4. I had brought my 360 and he has a MASSIVE High Def TV. But before I played, we watched him play. The whole campaign.

The campaign is the most heart pounding and intense campaign ever. Infinity Ward paid attention to detail. Literally every act has a "holy !@#$%" moment. The graphics, sound, weapon balance, just... EVERYTHING is amazing. The characters are believable as well.

Then after watching him play for 8 hours straight, we 4 way'd multiplayer. We played that for another 8 hours. It was like... Halo's fun mixed with competition. Just a note because I can: I won every single game, team or not =D.

After about 20 hours after first seeing the start screen, I stopped and took a breathe. I said "10 out of 10 material" and everyone agreed. CoD4 is the ONLY game to ever have me play and love it so much.

Just a note, I have played and finished all Call of Dutys (only 2 on Veteran... which took forever).

Hell yes to CoD4. I'm off to play the campaign on Veteran.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 08:06:34 am by AoDC »
the a o d c

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
Re: Call of Duty 4 - Best shooter. Ever.
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 08:22:25 am »
  • Silly cat!
While you do make it sound amazing (and I'm sure it is as good as you say it is) WWII FPSs simply don't interest me. I don't know why... I just find them boring and hard to get into. But that's just me.

Maybe when I get a 360 I'll pick it up, because I like to try new things. One fact still stands: A LOT of great games have come out this year.

Hoffy.
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2007, 08:59:34 am »
If it was the best shooter ever then it would have a co-op mode!

The game is good but definitely not the best shooter ever!
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2007, 09:09:25 am »
While you do make it sound amazing (and I'm sure it is as good as you say it is) WWII FPSs simply don't interest me. I don't know why... I just find them boring and hard to get into. But that's just me.

Maybe when I get a 360 I'll pick it up, because I like to try new things. One fact still stands: A LOT of great games have come out this year.
Read more, dude. It's NOT a WWII shooter. The first 3 were WWII this one is set in current times.

Co-op doesn't make a game good.
the a o d c
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2007, 09:44:42 am »

Read more, dude. It's NOT a WWII shooter. The first 3 were WWII this one is set in current times.

Every shooting game must have co-op in this day and age...One of the reasons I never bought Doom 3 for the Xbox was because of the lack of co-op.  Games like Gears and Resistance are excellent because they have excellent co-op.  I am disappointed with each Call of Duty because of the lack of co-op.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2007, 11:37:15 am »

Every shooting game must have co-op in this day and age...One of the reasons I never bought Doom 3 for the Xbox was because of the lack of co-op.  Games like Gears and Resistance are excellent because they have excellent co-op.  I am disappointed with each Call of Duty because of the lack of co-op.

Erm...Why is it poeple decide whether a games good on its multiplayer capabilites? Last I checked video games are great and fun regardless. And if you haven't played Doom 3 yet. Your missing out. Big time.
Call of Duty 4 looks immense and I cannot wait to get it.

Kyubi

GET ON THE BALL!
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2007, 01:32:44 pm »
  • :3
As soon as I can afford my own HDTV I'm getting one, since I'm getting a 360 for Christmas. Then I'll get this. And orgasm while I'm playing it and Super Mario Galaxy alternately.
Gannon-banned brother.

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2007, 01:40:55 pm »
Er, I'm just trying the DS one, and it's not bad so far... Also, I'm a general-FPS-hater... xP
I doubt it works on my computer, though... :\
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2007, 01:45:40 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
Co-op in Doom 3 would completely wreck it. It'd lose the whole "Alone in the Dark and scary and what the !@#$% was that? OH !@#$% NOOOOOOO!" feeling that makes the game great, because you wouldn't be alone <_<
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2007, 02:54:41 pm »
  • n___n

Dude. CoD4: Modern Warfare. MODERN.
yo yo yo

araknid_kid@yahoo.com = email and MSN
HellsExecutionR = AIM
araknidude = XBox Live gamertag
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2007, 03:26:04 pm »
I didn't say I didn't play it...I f'n beat it and it was a great game.  Every CoD game has been awesome but it would've lasted longer in my library if they had co-op.  There is just something about putting the difficulty on the max level and playing the game with your best friend.  !@#$%, Doom 3 would've been awesome with co-op in my opinion.  Gears was still the same so was Resistance.  I just have a better time playing with friends.  I guess it goes by each person.  !@#$%, that's how I went through PDZ was co-op...
  • Super Fan Gamers!

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2007, 08:29:51 pm »
  • Silly cat!

I should have said war games in general... because, well, that's what I meant.

Hoffy.
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2007, 10:49:45 am »
OK, just finished the campaign for myself. That was awesome. My first match of online multiplayer was awesome too.

Now to achievement !@#$%.
the a o d c

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2007, 10:52:34 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
lol w00t for achievement whoring :p I'm doing that with GH3 right now...

BUT! I have yet to play this game... CoD has never appealed to me though :(
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2007, 10:54:33 am »
First person shooters are for PC's... ::)

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2007, 10:55:25 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
O_O have you played one on the 360?????????????????

Once you get the hang of the controller, going back to PC just sucks lol
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2007, 11:05:59 am »
I played the PC version. It's the exact same with a better draw distance. I'm more of a controller person than a M/K.
the a o d c
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2007, 02:40:51 pm »
Just out of curiosity, for all you people who have the PC version, what are your specs? How crappy can your system be and still run this game? Obviously we've got the demo requirements - half a gig of RAM, 2.something GHz CPU, GeForce somethingorother. But the full game's probably different.
  • Penny Arcade
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2007, 05:34:44 pm »

True, but it would add allot more to this game! Now your friend just hast to sit next to you watching you beating the campeign.
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2007, 10:13:12 pm »
I got ahold of this over the weekend; I haven't been this wrapped up in a FPS since HL2 was first released, it's just so well done. I haven't been a big fan of the older games, but this one takes the cake(and in this case, the cake is NOT a lie).
Intel P4 3.2 GHZ
2.5GB SDRAM DDR400
350GB SATA
ATI RADEON HD 2600PRO 512MB
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy2 Z
Windows XP SP2

Current Projects: None.
- Trask
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.246 seconds with 78 queries.