Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Poll

Based on the current demo, how would you rate the game? (For the Wind Chapter)

5 Stars! Tetiro's worthy of the Triforce!
- 4 (36.4%)
4 Stars! This is worth a Piece of Heart!
- 3 (27.3%)
3 Stars. Have a few rupees for your work
- 3 (27.3%)
2 Stars. I should probably give feedback
- 0 (0%)
1 Stars... I need to tell Tetiro why
- 1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: [DEMO] The Legend of Zelda : Chiming Bells  (Read 47630 times)

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
Re: [DEMO] The Legend of Zelda : Chiming Bells
« Reply #100 on: December 14, 2011, 08:06:14 am »

Fi's race are being furthered extended in this game as Chia and Osca are both of the same species as Fi.

Phi and Giraham are both connected to swords. They are highly sophisticated robots/computers/andriods.  Phi does not feel feelings through out nearly the whole game, she also says stuff like "database" and "files". Her speech ;is very similar of how our modern fiction portrays androids of the future).Near the very end of the game you learn that Giraham is too the same type of android like Phi, both connected two swords (Phi master sword, Giraham the dark mastersword). They are both;shape-shifters, Phi can decrease size (appear out of nothing practically) and Giraham's real appearance is completely different, which suggests the use of  out of this world" nano-technology. We do learn that both can learn emotions if enough time is given. (highlight spoiler alert)The two new members of the speices you mention may contradict your whole story, unless they belong to swords/items/ or were made to serve a function. They would had to  been created prior skyward sword, since there definitely;far beyond steam technology and even our technology. Unless the gods had visited;the earth one more time :P

Your screenshot look stunning. One thing I should mention, by steam-age/industrial age, I bet they would had figured out how to make more efficient/ economical chairs and tables. Malls tend to be quite modern in materials used etc. Keep that in mind :P

:P

Ah so you worked out that Chia and Osca have items as well huh? Chia is the Chiming Bell and Osca is the Calling Bell. And yes, the items were made prior to Skyward Sword. The Goddesses made the Chiming Bell to recover the Triforce and Chia's function is to protect the Bell. Osca has already completed his function however wasn't required to sleep. (His function is a spoiler). However unlike Phi, Chia and Osca have a proper personality and free will (explained near the end of the Water Chapter)

I can't talk any more about Chia and Osca or it will spoil the story.

Good point actually. They would have had more economic tables. The chairs I'll leave be but I'll see what I can do about the tables.

And there wont be a sneaking part like Ocarina of Time or Wind Waker. But there may be something similar in the Royal Chapter.

I'm currently working on the 3rd store in the Frozen Mall that you can unlock in the Water Chapter. The Mall is starting to liven up a bit now

Also, the Water Chapter introduces the first optional boss. Gotta love sidequests :)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 08:14:19 am by King Tetiro »
  • Phoenix Heart

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #101 on: December 17, 2011, 09:05:25 am »
A new screenshot today! This one is of the Frozen Shrine on the outside. We will be in the shrine very soon providing martijn gets the dungeon done. And my damn composers hurry up.

(Allusion #55 - Outside the Frozen Shrine is frozen formation shaped like the Four Sword. The sword of the Four Sword trilogy)
(Allusion #56 - There is another frozen formation but this one is in the shape of the Phantom Hourglass)
  • Phoenix Heart

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #102 on: December 19, 2011, 05:52:57 pm »
Howdy folks, I bring lovely news! My composers are back in business and martijn is working on the dungeon design (I think)

So providing things carry on at this rate of progress, We'll have the Water Chapter done by the end of January at most.

I've implemented the following
-Goriyas with Boomerangs!
-Ice Slipping!
-Music for the Frozen Peaks. Oh my!
-32/40 allusions for the Water Chapter! Wowsa!
-And more!

Could someone reply to this so I don't make a 4th post in a row lol. Hopefully the Water Chapter shall live up to expectations!
  • Phoenix Heart

FelipeD

Nothing...
« Reply #103 on: December 21, 2011, 02:42:47 pm »
-Ice Slipping!
Dude, the entrance to the Frozen Shrine looks very nice. As always  XD

About the slipping... personally I hate it because that makes very hard any dungeon and... I've to recognize but I'm not good with the ice floor XD

Goriyas with Boomerangs!? I really would like to see them.
Very good job sir!

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #104 on: December 21, 2011, 02:58:50 pm »
-Ice Slipping!
Dude, the entrance to the Frozen Shrine looks very nice. As always  XD

About the slipping... personally I hate it because that makes very hard any dungeon and... I've to recognize but I'm not good with the ice floor XD

Goriyas with Boomerangs!? I really would like to see them.
Very good job sir!

Well I wouldn't worry about the ice floors. They only appear in the Frozen Peaks and the Frozen Shrine. And in the Frozen Shrine, you only walk on it a few times. For once an ice dungeon that doesnt have too many ice floors. There's only going to be a few annoying ice moments. A miniboss fight, an optional boss fight (Fire Chapter), an ice room and a boss fight. Oh and the occasional ice blocks you walk on.

Thanks for the compliment on the shrine entrance :)

Yup! The Goriyas with Boomerangs are back! But this time, the boomerangs have blades attached. Mwahaha :P

Speaking of Chiming Bells...

The screenshot I show today confirms the resuming progress of the project! And what better way than the Frozen Shrine in progress! Man so much done in 1 day! More screenshots on the way!

(Allusion #44) - A statue of Queen Ruto will be in the Frozen Shrine. A reference to Ruto the sage.
(Allusion #45) - A statue of Queen Rutela will also be in the Frozen Shrine. A reference to Rutela from Twilight Princess.

Also, martijn has finished the dungeon design and most of it has been tiled and programmed. Got a bit of a way to go. Not to mention the story scenes. This time, the dungeon plays a part of the story.
  • Phoenix Heart

FelipeD

Nothing...
« Reply #105 on: December 21, 2011, 03:55:55 pm »
There's only going to be a few annoying ice moments. A miniboss fight, an optional boss fight (Fire Chapter), an ice room and a boss fight. Oh and the occasional ice blocks you walk on.
You're a monster hahaha. Undoubtedly I'm going to die a lot of times with that boss XD

About the Allusions. Could you put one of Richard or the Ghost from Link's Awakening??

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #106 on: December 21, 2011, 04:04:18 pm »
There's only going to be a few annoying ice moments. A miniboss fight, an optional boss fight (Fire Chapter), an ice room and a boss fight. Oh and the occasional ice blocks you walk on.
You're a monster hahaha. Undoubtedly I'm going to die a lot of times with that boss XD

About the Allusions. Could you put one of Richard or the Ghost from Link's Awakening??

Haha dont jump to conclusions. For all you know, only part of the boss room could be in ice. Be patient :P
If I were you, I'd be more worried about the Freezards :P

Not for the Water Chapter. However like the Water Chapter, the Fire Chapter will be open to allusion suggestions after the Water Chapter is released.

A bit of sad news. Due to a save file code !@#$% up by me, your Wind Chapter files will no longer work with the Water Chapter update onwards. However I hope that by me expanding the code in the Water Chapter you won't have to lose progress again.

Sorry folks about this :(

On the plus side however, I can confirm I have got plans for post-completion content :o
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 04:31:27 pm by King Tetiro »
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #107 on: December 22, 2011, 09:50:24 am »
Played your demo, must say I enjoyed it. Criticisms:

:: Do something about those trees, the put everything off balance, in scale (change them back to normal size).

:: Gather more sounds for you characters, especially your guide... it gets tiring hearing the same sounds all over again.

:: Zelda sounds a bit spoilt (not sure if its intentional or not)

:: I really like your npc designs.. however link and a few other npc look paper thin when facing up or down. (They dont match the perspective, you should be able to see the top of the top of there heads, links hat should definitely be rounded)

Blue background is the original sprite, red is the edited one

:: Link looks apsolutly weird from the side, well he looks like Hermes or a blond kid icarus (without the wings on his back)

:: Those balloons should definitely go pop when you swing your sword at them :P

:: The festival fireworks should stop after Zelda gets kidnapped. Its just seems out of place that they just continue, and why doesnt anyone care for her?

:: Whats up with all those chests in peoples homes?
I hope Im helping out. :-)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 10:04:56 am by masterpaul »

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #108 on: December 22, 2011, 10:06:43 am »
Played your demo, must say I enjoyed it. Criticisms:

:: Do something about those trees, the put everything off balance, in scale (change them back to normal size).

:: Gather more sounds for you characters, especially your guide... it gets tiring hearing the same sounds all over again.

:: Zelda sounds a bit spoilt (not sure if its intentional or not)

:: I really like your npc designs.. however link and a few other npc look paper thin when facing up or down. (They dont match the perspective, you should be able to see the top of the top of there heads)

Great to hear you enjoyed it!

The tree conumdrum : I shrunk the trees down because I didn't like the height of the trees in LttP. They were 3x the height of a house. 2x is the max I normally see in the UK against a 1 storey building. This is my choice so it stays. Plus the majority of the trees have been laid in the game. No point in changing the sprites now. Plus they're in a part of my tile sheet which makes it impossible to change them without having to start the whole tiling from scratch. I am forcing this CASE CLOSED.

More Sounds scenario : You have to remember I am having to store tons of sounds. We're near to 200 before the end of the Water Chapter! But when I work on the Sacred Chapter, I shall try to address this problem. Til then, CASE CLOSED.

The perspective scenario : This is the eye of the beholder. ALL HUMANOID NPCs use the same template. What has happened is that on some sprites, the highlighting of the "top of head" is unnoticeable due to the amount of detail on the sprite. I will focus on this after the Water Chapter is done in terms of progress. This CASE IS STILL OPEN.

Zelda : She's not spoilt really. So why have I done it so she is? You'll have to find out.

Im poking my composers to get a move on! I'm actually getting bored of waiting lol

Blue background is the original sprite, red is the edited one

:: Link looks apsolutly weird from the side, well he looks like Hermes or a blond kid icarus (without the wings on his back)

:: Those balloons should definitely go pop when you swing your sword at them :P

:: The festival fireworks should stop after Zelda gets kidnapped. Its just seems out of place that they just continue, and why doesnt anyone care for her?

:: Whats up with all those chests in peoples homes?
I hope Im helping out. :-)

*cough cough* Link's design

Balloons going pop? BRILLIANT IDEA! Tetiro is on the case! Well done paul!

Fireworks after zelda gets kidnapped : Gets explained in the next scene I'm programming. Don't worry there is an actual reason. All part of the story

Chests in peoples home : Ah you found one of my secret allusions. A reference to the fact none of the NPCs care if you ever go into their homes, take their stuff or smash it either. Bravo! Have a cookie
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 10:13:31 am by King Tetiro »
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #109 on: December 22, 2011, 10:19:28 am »

The perspective scenario : This is the eye of the beholder. ALL HUMANOID NPCs use the same template. What has happened is that on some sprites, the highlighting of the "top of head" is unnoticeable due to the amount of detail on the sprite. I will focus on this after the Water Chapter is done in terms of progress. This CASE IS STILL OPEN.

Lol, truthuly telling it only struck me with link, none of the other npc bothered me, its probably because link has a hat, and im used to it being quite puffy in other games.  Links hat just needs to be more visible. Its not really important, just a small asthetic change, so leave that till last :P. :P

God your game has such an awsome GB/GBC zelda games vibe. Its amazing.

May I have the honor of redesigning  the chimney bell sanctuary? If you won't like  my proposition, dont add it :P
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 10:22:58 am by masterpaul »

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #110 on: December 22, 2011, 10:22:51 am »

Lol, truthuly telling it only struck me with link, none of the other npc bothered me, its probably because link has a hat, and im used to it being quite puffy in other games.  Links hat just needs to be more visible. Its not really important, just a small asthetic change, so leave that till last :P. :P

God your game has such an awsome GB/GBC zelda games vibe. Its amazing.

May I have the honor of redesigning  the chimney bell sanctuary?

If it's just Link then.... TETIRO IS ON THE CASE! I shall see what I can do

The game has a vibe from all games but I was worried the GB and GBC were being left out. Glad they're not :D

If you can do a grander bell sanctuary, be my guest!
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #111 on: December 22, 2011, 01:24:17 pm »

I would want to add some statues in the bell sanctuary at the sides, of the characters in your sig. I presume there sages? But Im not sure if they would fit. Some of statues would have missing elements. 

The red lights represent the bell, while, the blue represent the sound they make :P
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 01:31:34 pm by masterpaul »

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #112 on: December 22, 2011, 01:27:32 pm »

I would want to add some statues in the bell sanctuary at the side, of the characters in your sig. I presume there sages? But Im not sure if they would fit.

The red lights represent the bell, while, the blue represent the sound they make :P

The characters in the sig are the main characters of the story.

Could you reexplain the lights. I'm confused.
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #113 on: December 22, 2011, 01:39:12 pm »
I was thinking that the sanctuary belongs to chia/created with chia, so it would be pretty high tech (sharing some of same technology as her). The lights form an image of a bell and its sound. The bell are the two red circle. (The smallest circle is the top of a bell, the largest it base). The blue lights represent the the sound that radiates from them when there dinged. Also the largest Blur square is where Chia stands when you first meet her.

Not sure if there actually lights, they just illuminate. You could say that the way the blue lights are formed are also a throwback to skyward sword (the way the time gate forms, actually inspired me, to do something with glowing elements. And the path leading to the central platform is a throwback to spirit tracks :P (Shapes of the railway).

Where in the room did the chiming bells rest?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 01:44:08 pm by masterpaul »

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #114 on: December 22, 2011, 02:09:24 pm »
I was thinking that the sanctuary belongs to chia/created with chia, so it would be pretty high tech (sharing some of same technology as her). The lights form an image of a bell and its sound. The bell are the two red circle. (The smallest circle is the top of a bell, the largest it base). The blue lights represent the the sound that radiates from them when there dinged. Also the largest Blur square is where Chia stands when you first meet her.

Not sure if there actually lights, they just illuminate. You could say that the way the blue lights are formed are also a throwback to skyward sword (the way the time gate forms, actually inspired me, to do something with glowing elements. And the path leading to the central platform is a throwback to spirit tracks :P (Shapes of the railway).

Where in the room did the chiming bells rest?

Im sure it looks like a bell, but I cant see it lol

I like the blue though :) That I will be implemented along with the grass

The Chiming Bell and the Calling Bell lie in the top left and right corners of the red platform
  • Phoenix Heart

Arcaith

Landscape Police
« Reply #115 on: December 22, 2011, 02:14:55 pm »
  • *ding*
I believe he means it's the view of a bell from the top, the larger circle being the lip of the bell's base, and the smaller circle being the narrower top of the bell, where it would join onto whatever swings it.
*MooN*

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #116 on: December 22, 2011, 02:35:02 pm »
Oh right I see! Well I'm implementing the lights. Because it looks pretty! Expect a new screenshot soon!
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #117 on: December 22, 2011, 02:41:22 pm »
Dont worry Ill finish the map and send it to you :P Youll just copy and paste :P

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #118 on: December 22, 2011, 03:06:27 pm »
Kabaam! Using paul's idea and what I have already

(Still thinking about putting lilypads under the yellow lights. Thoughts?
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #119 on: December 22, 2011, 04:20:17 pm »
Having lilypads under the lights would give an really magical/sweet feeling :-)

Check this out, :P (look closely at the doors :P)

Now with my freshly made goddess statues :P

« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 04:25:31 pm by masterpaul »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.563 seconds with 81 queries.

anything