Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: how can i make GBA musics?  (Read 714 times)

how can i make GBA musics?
« on: June 27, 2024, 08:11:08 pm »
  • Do you need sprites? İ here for it.
i wanna remake ralph's theme from Ooa to minish cap, is there a software or way of doing it? i want it to play in a real deal gba or emu of it with no problems, perfectly just as i made it.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2024, 08:13:56 pm by Zeldamelkan »
Re: how can i make GBA musics?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2024, 08:53:53 am »
It's limited to the tones of the orignal gb / gb colour to my knowledge, but GB Studio has an audio creator for mp2k formats (the gba format) that works:
https://www.gbstudio.dev/
  • Elliott Parkinson
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2024, 12:02:48 pm »
It's limited to the tones of the orignal gb / gb colour to my knowledge, but GB Studio has an audio creator for mp2k formats (the gba format) that works:
https://www.gbstudio.dev/

but that is gb style music. i wanna remix it in minish cap style! wouldnt it be lame? isnt there any other program or software?
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2024, 08:42:52 pm »
It is true that this makes GB sounds - as to whether that's lame? Nah plenty of people (especially here) are completely happy with retro sounds, we seek it out in fact!

As for making GBA sounds - they work the same as SNES sounds. Basically there are loads of 'instruments' added to a 'master file' and it's then a sampling of each of them and the timing of it. So each game can have totally different sounds as they have a completely different set to pull from. This means that 'snes' or 'gba' sounds are actually individual to each game - it's one of the things that made the amazing at the time.

https://megacatstudios.com/blogs/retro-development/creating-music-and-sound-for-snes-games-a-crash-course-in-snes-gss

See this as an example of how people created sounds for the snes. It's a near identical process to the gba so it should be of help.
  • Elliott Parkinson
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2024, 12:11:13 pm »
It is true that this makes GB sounds - as to whether that's lame? Nah plenty of people (especially here) are completely happy with retro sounds, we seek it out in fact!

As for making GBA sounds - they work the same as SNES sounds. Basically there are loads of 'instruments' added to a 'master file' and it's then a sampling of each of them and the timing of it. So each game can have totally different sounds as they have a completely different set to pull from. This means that 'snes' or 'gba' sounds are actually individual to each game - it's one of the things that made the amazing at the time.

https://megacatstudios.com/blogs/retro-development/creating-music-and-sound-for-snes-games-a-crash-course-in-snes-gss

See this as an example of how people created sounds for the snes. It's a near identical process to the gba so it should be of help.

i am sorry for the confisuon, i didnt mean that by "lame" i meant using gb music in a gba game wouldnt go good (fit if you will) english isnt my first language, nor second, i do like gb music. but i dont think putting an gb music to an gba game is a good way of remaking the game. so from what i understand from what you sead(nothing) gba and snes use same tools and softwares to sing songs? i dont get it quite, in my free time i am gonna look to the website you sended, thanks for the help!
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2024, 10:12:55 pm »
Oh don't worry about your language at all. I thought you were just concerned people wouldn't think it sounded good! Yes, SNES and GBA make music in a very very similar way, which is why the GBA is quite like the SNES in terms of the games you get for it! It was called a pocket super nintendo (famicon for people in the US) by several groups and had a huge number of re-releases from snes to the gba!
  • Elliott Parkinson
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.343 seconds with 47 queries.