Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down

Author Topic: KOT Enemy Sprite Topic  (Read 61104 times)

Re: KOT Enemy Sprite Topic
« Reply #160 on: July 01, 2016, 07:16:15 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
Sounds a lot like Gohma. (Thinking of Inside the Deku Tree from OoT, for example.)

And Armoghoma, in Twilight Princess

Edit: I did the body :3 Still needs some work though
Edit 2: I added spikes to the abdomen
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 09:47:31 pm by SpritingBrad »
Volcanoraxus with legs and back view
« Reply #161 on: July 27, 2016, 11:35:53 am »
  • Just call me Brad
I´m finally back from Australia!
I quickly made the legs for the volcanoraxus, I think they look great.
I also made the back view plus the side view head, which I´m really happy with how it turned out.
tell me what you think of them and if they fit with the overall body. If you think they are OK I will start to animate it.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 02:17:16 pm by SpritingBrad »
Volcanoraxus new animations
« Reply #162 on: July 27, 2016, 05:39:50 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
I made new animations for the volcanoraxus, most importantly the walking animation, fire spray, biting etc...
I need help with the side view of the volcanoraxus, and the animations of the back view needs to be done still.

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #163 on: July 27, 2016, 11:20:02 pm »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
Maybe you could have it where the "Fire Spray" animation has its eyes flashing red (like fire)? That would give it a good effect.
Loving the anims, Brad!
I was talking to my friend last night, and he was mentioning about how in 1980, he thought the internet would become this amazing place where people from across the world would share ideas. I was telling him about how this project [KOT] has worked, lurching along for years and drawn by different people from across the globe, and he thought it was beautiful. And he was right, it's awesome. :D

Zelda Items Spritesheet album (OUT OF DATE) - (link here)
A Link Across Time project - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Metroid) - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Zelda) - (link here)
Boss Keys project Trello Board - (link here)
« Reply #164 on: July 27, 2016, 11:40:03 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
Maybe you could have it where the "Fire Spray" animation has its eyes flashing red (like fire)? That would give it a good effect.
Loving the anims, Brad!

Cool idea Miles!

So I was thinking about how the battle will go.
When you enter the room, the volcanoraxus falls of the ceiling just in front of link, showning the name on screen and the battle music play.
Volcanoraxus will have a rock armour on its abdomen (it needs to be sprited) protecting a gem which is its weakspot. To destroy the armor you must first shoot the volcanoraxus on his face to stun it and then quickly shoot the back to break part of the armor. Small rock spiders spawn frequently to hurt and distract Link, plus the Volcanoraxus' attacks.
After hitting the abdomen 3 times with bombs, the gem is revealed, now allowing you to hurt it. Like before, you must shoot its face, but spiders spawn more frequently, and the Volcanoraxus' attacks are much faster. After three hits, the volcanoraxus will be defeated.

What do you think on how the battle will go? I think with the small spiders and the variety of attacks from the volcanoraxus it will be quite challenging, specially since you have to stand in front of it in order to shoot its face, and it can bite you, shoot fire or a carbon web, ram you, jump on you, toss you from one side of the room to the other...
« Reply #165 on: July 28, 2016, 05:03:07 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Looks awesome, Brad! One thing you might consider is having him use his legs to push himself up when he rears back, it looks like he's pulling his neck back now and he doesn't have a neck? It'll probably work fine as is, but a detail to consider. I really like the details on the legs, by the way.

Also, we might not need side facing directions. There have been many Zelda bosses that only face down, we could have this guy just face up or down, and scuttle sideways like a crab. It looks like scuttling sideways is how his legs are animated anyway.

For the battle flow, I think you mean have the weak spot on his thorax, not abdomen. The abdomen is his middle, the thorax is his butt.

One idea I have that might be cool to work in, is to have carbonites in the room comma and you need to activate them so they roll and hit volcanoraxus to stun him. They would also be capable of cleaning out the small spiders.

There might also be some clusters of bomb flowers growing around the battlefield, and detonating them when the boss is near could also stun him to let you run around and get to his thorax.

My main concern with the battle is that between the small spiders, burning carbon web, and the boss itself, it might get difficult to move to dodge his attacks, allowing the player to be easily overwhelmed. It's probably a good idea to keep the small spiders to a minimum, two or three, to avoid that. And to have a large battlefield.

Anyway, you're doing a great job, Brad : )
« Reply #166 on: July 31, 2016, 06:48:35 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
Is the sheet for the lizalfos in here? I cant seem to find it xD

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #167 on: July 31, 2016, 07:22:44 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
Looks awesome, Brad! One thing you might consider is having him use his legs to push himself up when he rears back, it looks like he's pulling his neck back now and he doesn't have a neck? It'll probably work fine as is, but a detail to consider. I really like the details on the legs, by the way.

Also, we might not need side facing directions. There have been many Zelda bosses that only face down, we could have this guy just face up or down, and scuttle sideways like a crab. It looks like scuttling sideways is how his legs are animated anyway.

For the battle flow, I think you mean have the weak spot on his thorax, not abdomen. The abdomen is his middle, the thorax is his butt.

One idea I have that might be cool to work in, is to have carbonites in the room comma and you need to activate them so they roll and hit volcanoraxus to stun him. They would also be capable of cleaning out the small spiders.

There might also be some clusters of bomb flowers growing around the battlefield, and detonating them when the boss is near could also stun him to let you run around and get to his thorax.

My main concern with the battle is that between the small spiders, burning carbon web, and the boss itself, it might get difficult to move to dodge his attacks, allowing the player to be easily overwhelmed. It's probably a good idea to keep the small spiders to a minimum, two or three, to avoid that. And to have a large battlefield.

Anyway, you're doing a great job, Brad : )

No side facing direction? Thank you! that takes a lot of work away! ^-^
I don´t think that having carbonites in the boss room will be a good idea, but if we decide to go that route, we can have them roll around the room (The carbonites are supposed to keep rolling until they hit an obstacle, then they can turn to any direction they desire. So they would be rolling from wall to wall.)
I like the idea of having bomb flowers in the boss room, will add them to the boss room when I map it.

Is the sheet for the lizalfos in here? I cant seem to find it xD

Yup, I posted it on one of the early pages of this post. But here it is anyways ;)

« Reply #168 on: August 01, 2016, 04:52:17 am »
mile grazie! :)

Poes (and Juan the Thieving Poe)
« Reply #169 on: August 03, 2016, 03:48:02 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
I attempted to sprite these guys! I tried to keep as true to the original Wind Waker design. I made all the colour variations found in WW. I believe they can be improved, but that is as good as I can do :P (spriting this was really a pain XD I just couldn´t get the body and mask right!)
« Reply #170 on: August 05, 2016, 10:02:08 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Didn't we already sprite the Poes at one point? For some reason I remember we had a Poe sprite, maybe it was for Juan the poe, or maybe I just saw somebody had made them independently and I'm mixing it up, lol. Does anyone else remember seeing those before I spend a ton of time looking for something I'm just imagining?

Sinkin

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #171 on: August 05, 2016, 10:57:31 pm »
  • Idk
Didn't we already sprite the Poes at one point? For some reason I remember we had a Poe sprite, maybe it was for Juan the poe, or maybe I just saw somebody had made them independently and I'm mixing it up, lol. Does anyone else remember seeing those before I spend a ton of time looking for something I'm just imagining?
I think you reffer to the one I a couple of years back? If had it on this computer I would've attached it but I guess it may be somewhere on this site.
« Reply #172 on: August 06, 2016, 02:16:14 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
I think you reffer to the one I a couple of years back? If had it on this computer I would've attached it but I guess it may be somewhere on this site.

But that one only had the front view, and that´s it. It looked good, but It didn´t look like the WW ones IMO (but, I´m just judging by memory)

Sinkin

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #173 on: August 06, 2016, 05:42:47 pm »
  • Idk
Found it.

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #174 on: August 07, 2016, 06:16:11 am »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
Looks more like a Stal-Poe...
I was talking to my friend last night, and he was mentioning about how in 1980, he thought the internet would become this amazing place where people from across the world would share ideas. I was telling him about how this project [KOT] has worked, lurching along for years and drawn by different people from across the globe, and he thought it was beautiful. And he was right, it's awesome. :D

Zelda Items Spritesheet album (OUT OF DATE) - (link here)
A Link Across Time project - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Metroid) - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Zelda) - (link here)
Boss Keys project Trello Board - (link here)

Sinkin

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #175 on: August 07, 2016, 01:14:16 pm »
  • Idk
It's a mix between the two. The sprite is based on the old artwork for KoT, but if there is a new piece of artwork that's been approved then we'll go with that.
« Reply #176 on: August 07, 2016, 01:55:54 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
It's a mix between the two. The sprite is based on the old artwork for KoT, but if there is a new piece of artwork that's been approved then we'll go with that.

Actually, there is. http://wiki.zfgc.com/images/e/e0/Juan.png
That is Juan the thieving poe's artwork. BUT, the poe's are the same but with a lantern.
« Reply #177 on: August 08, 2016, 02:49:05 am »
I think the lizafos sheet is missing its walking animation?  Noticed it while breaking it into a sheet today.

EDIT: Nevermind I'm just !@#$% retarded :)

Poe sprite [Improved]
« Reply #178 on: August 12, 2016, 07:14:35 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
I worked on this sprite and NOW it looks like a Poe!
I made a colour variation for Juan, giving him a black body to resemble more the artwork, and put a small patch on the side.
Anyways, what do you think? Its very hard to put detail on small sprites, but I think this one turned out fantastic! (and the side view of the mask looks good too.)
Poe sprite FINISHED
« Reply #179 on: August 14, 2016, 07:37:30 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
I finished this one!
I made all four views plus the colour variations, putting an end to this sheet :3
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 10:52:04 am by SpritingBrad »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.223 seconds with 78 queries.